Ghosted

Replies

• ericatoday
    ericatoday Posts: 454 Member
    I have no shame when it comes to someone not texting. I will blow your phone up until you just man up and end it with me. Plain and simple. I could care less what someone thinks of me if they're ignoring me
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    edited June 2017
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I don't think he's married. I've been to his house and it looked like the house of a man and his children. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a non live in significant other though.
    I looked him up on the dating website. He hasn't been online lately although his profile is still up.
    Anyway I sent a letter asking if he is ok and to communicate with me. I'm going to have to let it go now so I don't descend into psychoness or bunny boiler mode. Bit worried I look like a stalker as it's only been a few days. Feels like the uncertainty is making me nuts.

he got what he wanted.....game over

Just because she went to his house doesn't mean he banged her. :#

11.gif

Maybe that's why he ghosted?

I know. That's pretty effed up though. Once you give up the goods, that's it. Although in some instances it works to our benefit. Just sayin... B)

• angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    The one time I got ghosted by anyone who "mattered" (he didn't matter at all after I found out he was married), I resorted to personal attacks until he replied to defend himself lol
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    I don't think he's married. I've been to his house and it looked like the house of a man and his children. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a non live in significant other though.
    I looked him up on the dating website. He hasn't been online lately although his profile is still up.
    Anyway I sent a letter asking if he is ok and to communicate with me. I'm going to have to let it go now so I don't descend into psychoness or bunny boiler mode. Bit worried I look like a stalker as it's only been a few days. Feels like the uncertainty is making me nuts.

11.gif

right! they just stopped by his house to show her his newly remodeled bathroom

Sounds like she did check out his plumbing.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member

11.gif

I bet he had a leaky pipe.
  • Just_J_Now

11.gif

I bet he had a leaky pipe.

<3
  • Just_J_Now

11.gif

No huh?? *shrugs*
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Jeez, and people want to know why I'm such a misanthropist. If anything happens to Husband, I will cheerfully embrace my new life alone with my feline overlords. I'm old enough to make that stick.
  • kclewis416
    kclewis416 Posts: 79 Member
    Leave the guy alone and move on - no going by his house, mailing letters, texting and seeing if he is okay. its been a month ?!?!

He clearly does not want to talk to you. It might be hard not to take personal but geez go back on the dating sites and keep yourself entertained with other men and forget about him - and next time do not put all your eggs in one basket so soon.. always keep 3 or 4 men on the go when internet dating when possible because I can guarantee the men you are talking to also are taking to 10 other women.

• SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Leave the guy alone and move on - no going by his house, mailing letters, texting and seeing if he is okay. its been a month ?!?!

He clearly does not want to talk to you. It might be hard not to take personal but geez go back on the dating sites and keep yourself entertained with other men and forget about him - and next time do not put all your eggs in one basket so soon.. always keep 3 or 4 men on the go when internet dating when possible because I can guarantee the men you are talking to also are taking to 10 other women.

flirtysmile1.gif
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    newmeadow wrote: »
    gothchiq wrote: »
    Jeez, and people want to know why I'm such a misanthropist. If anything happens to Husband, I will cheerfully embrace my new life alone with my feline overlords. I'm old enough to make that stick.

So true. The mating rituals between male and female have devolved and become increasingly hideous since texting and a reduced appreciation for proper, event compatible attire. MFP is a fine testament to that. Making a plan B or C or D is recommended. Cats optional.

Cats optional, but highly recommended! I'm headed straight to cat-ladyhood if anything happens to my husband. Dating is grotesque these days.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    I'm perfectly happy with my FWB. If he ghosts me or I ghost him, we move on. There's no emotional connection, just sex, and we're perfectly fine with that.
  • grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    kclewis416 wrote: »
    1000% have plan b, c, or d.. when do you not do that in life...?

And lets face it... when a person likes you.. and wants to date you or see you.. and its mutual.. and you there are no issues like baby mama/baby daddy/wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend etc.. things usually go quite smoothly...

Do not settle.. do not accept excuses why they couldn't call, didn't call, stopped calling, had to cancel plans, didn't show up. If someone wants to see you - they will make the time - every time!

That's very true. I'm putting it behind me. Not tough enough for internet dating. It was good while it lasted.
    Fortunately I already have some cats. Cats are awesome.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member

And lets face it... when a person likes you.. and wants to date you or see you.. and its mutual.. and you there are no issues like baby mama/baby daddy/wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend etc.. things usually go quite smoothly...

Do not settle.. do not accept excuses why they couldn't call, didn't call, stopped calling, had to cancel plans, didn't show up. If someone wants to see you - they will make the time - every time!

That's very true. I'm putting it behind me. Not tough enough for internet dating. It was good while it lasted.

Please no, with the cats. Don't give up. I'm hoping you're tougher than you think.
  • kclewis416
    kclewis416 Posts: 79 Member
    Internet dating unless you are super sexy and appeal to the masses = none stop rejection with no reasoning! It is tough!

Most men do not like lots of cats - wont help your dating situation lol :smiley:
  • MommyStixx
    MommyStixx Posts: 1 Member
    MOVE ON. I've seen my friend experience this multiple times. Online dating makes it incredibly easy for a jerk of a guy to find "the next best thing" and just completely disappear. He doesn't deserve you, and he's NOT the type of guy you're looking for.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member

Please no, with the cats. Don't give up. I'm hoping you're tougher than you think.

Dear Ben_there: I realize not everyone is a cat person. However, for those who are, this is not a "settling for less" situation. Their psychology and body language communication is not difficult to understand for those who desire to. Regardless of stereotypes and funny movies and sitcoms, many people find true peace and happiness with them.

I consider myself lucky. I have a good husband AND two cats. We're all happy together. Were something to happen to him, though, at age 48 (and postmenopausal) I have no desire to relaunch myself into this bizarro world of one night stands, multiple people "on the hook," ghosting, etc. It just isn't my way. You've heard of MGTOW right? Men going their own way? Perhaps for some ladies, it is time for WGTOW. There's no moral imperative to mate and remate if it only brings you stress and pain.

• DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Internet dating unless you are super sexy and appeal to the masses = none stop rejection with no reasoning! It is tough!

Most men do not like lots of cats - wont help your dating situation lol :smiley:

This