Ghosted

Options

Replies

• Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    kclewis416 wrote: »
    1000% have plan b, c, or d.. when do you not do that in life...?

And lets face it... when a person likes you.. and wants to date you or see you.. and its mutual.. and you there are no issues like baby mama/baby daddy/wife/husband/boyfriend/girlfriend etc.. things usually go quite smoothly...

Do not settle.. do not accept excuses why they couldn't call, didn't call, stopped calling, had to cancel plans, didn't show up. If someone wants to see you - they will make the time - every time!

That's very true. I'm putting it behind me. Not tough enough for internet dating. It was good while it lasted.
    Fortunately I already have some cats. Cats are awesome.

Please no, with the cats. Don't give up. I'm hoping you're tougher than you think.

Dear Ben_there: I realize not everyone is a cat person. However, for those who are, this is not a "settling for less" situation. Their psychology and body language communication is not difficult to understand for those who desire to. Regardless of stereotypes and funny movies and sitcoms, many people find true peace and happiness with them.

I consider myself lucky. I have a good husband AND two cats. We're all happy together. Were something to happen to him, though, at age 48 (and postmenopausal) I have no desire to relaunch myself into this bizarro world of one night stands, multiple people "on the hook," ghosting, etc. It just isn't my way. You've heard of MGTOW right? Men going their own way? Perhaps for some ladies, it is time for WGTOW. There's no moral imperative to mate and remate if it only brings you stress and pain.

Lol. Hey, I'm not judging. If that's what the OP wants. But this thread wasn't started because of her avid love of felines. Also, stereotypes exist for a reason.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Send him a *kitten* you text and move on. Even if he doesn't respond you've given yourself some closure. Sorry :( I know how frustrating it is.

I love getting kitten texts. He might respond to that.

Lmao MFP wouldn't let me say what I really wanted to say o:)

And know I don't know what you mean and I'm googling but no good! LOL ROFL what's a kitten?

• pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    Am I married to the only man on the planet who also likes cats?
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    Options
    MommyStixx wrote: »
    MOVE ON. I've seen my friend experience this multiple times. Online dating makes it incredibly easy for a jerk of a guy to find "the next best thing" and just completely disappear. He doesn't deserve you, and he's NOT the type of guy you're looking for.

Now that's a solid first post to join date ratio.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »

Nope I have a cat. He's awesome
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    this made me think of @GnothiSeauton23 come back, cat lovers need you.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options

no, yr not. Husband also loves them.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    _MistahJ_ wrote: »
    Send him a *kitten* you text and move on. Even if he doesn't respond you've given yourself some closure. Sorry :( I know how frustrating it is.

I love getting kitten texts. He might respond to that.

Lmao MFP wouldn't let me say what I really wanted to say o:)

And know I don't know what you mean and I'm googling but no good! LOL ROFL what's a kitten?

They replace cuss words with the word "kitten."
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    LaPrincipessaFedele Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I always think it's weird when people tell you to just "let it go" and pretend like you're not pissed off. You are pissed off, and that's ok. Nothing wrong with a good *kitten* you text. Why would you even care if he thinks you're psycho? He's a *kitten* jerk, and I swear to the gods guys keep doing this because they keep getting away with it. Call him on his behavior.

Disclaimer: do not do anything illegal. A strongly worded text is ok. Slashing his tires and setting things on fire is not. lol.
  • CTcutie
    CTcutie Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    ghosting = they found someone they like better. OR they're hiding something. This is an expected part of online dating and there is nothing you can do to prevent or stop it.
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Don't send him another text. Just forget about him and move on...delete his contact info, and go out dancing with your friends.

I agree with this! 100%!!!!
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    I'm just curious...did you meet him on MFP?
  • AmberSpamber
    AmberSpamber Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    My best friend of 7 years ghosted me. We talked every day and then one day he was just gone without a word. Multiple texts and emails went unanswered and my heart truly broke. It took me a long time to get over it. The history is what I struggled with most, but I finally realized than only a coward would walk away without saying a word, it made it much easier to move on. People these days are insensitive, and I think you dodged a bullet. Be happy that his true colors came out and move forward. It was only a month, and it shouldn't take you long to move on.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options
    I don't think he's married. I've been to his house and it looked like the house of a man and his children. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a non live in significant other though.
    I looked him up on the dating website. He hasn't been online lately although his profile is still up.
    Anyway I sent a letter asking if he is ok and to communicate with me. I'm going to have to let it go now so I don't descend into psychoness or bunny boiler mode. Bit worried I look like a stalker as it's only been a few days. Feels like the uncertainty is making me nuts.

he got what he wanted.....game over

This is what I was thinking.
  • grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I do like cats for themselves. I was in a long term relationship for many years and have children. We've been split up for five years now..Although I'd like a relationship again I don't think I'm desperate for one. I had got used to being single again. I'm just disappointed because I was having an awesome time with Mr ghost. Reminded me of the upsides to being with someone.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    My best friend of 7 years ghosted me. We talked every day and then one day he was just gone without a word. Multiple texts and emails went unanswered and my heart truly broke. It took me a long time to get over it. The history is what I struggled with most, but I finally realized than only a coward would walk away without saying a word, it made it much easier to move on. People these days are insensitive, and I think you dodged a bullet. Be happy that his true colors came out and move forward. It was only a month, and it shouldn't take you long to move on.

He met someone who would blow him....
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    I always think it's weird when people tell you to just "let it go" and pretend like you're not pissed off. You are pissed off, and that's ok. Nothing wrong with a good *kitten* you text. Why would you even care if he thinks you're psycho? He's a *kitten* jerk, and I swear to the gods guys keep doing this because they keep getting away with it. Call him on his behavior.

Disclaimer: do not do anything illegal. A strongly worded text is ok. Slashing his tires and setting things on fire is not. lol.

I do agree with most of what you said but don't forget women do ghost too, in fact they ghost at a higher rate than men do because you women have way more options than us men and if another guy (a better looking guy or something like that) comes along and captures her interest, she's gone. This is something that plagues the online dating sites.
  • STLBADGIRL
    Options

No, It's one here that works with me. He even has a cat calendar.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options

women do the same dude. Not to me personally but they still do it. :neutral:
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    LaPrincipessaFedele Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »

I do agree with most of what you said but don't forget women do ghost too, in fact they ghost at a higher rate than men do because you women have way more options than us men and if another guy (a better looking guy or something like that) comes along and captures her interest, she's gone. This is something that plagues the online dating sites.

Well yeah, I don't date women, so I don't speak from that experience. I think ghosting is *kitten* regardless of gender. If you've met up once and you're not feeling it, then fine. If you've established a dating pattern and just disappear, that's total crap.