• MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    I was dating a man who I met on a dating website a month ago. We had seven dates over four weeks with daily texts in-between. He always texted me first. Then one day he didn't reply to me. And I've heard nothing from him since. Unless he's had some kind of emergency he obviously doesn't want to see me again. I know I'm better off without someone who can be so cruel but the bit of hope that I have left hurts. It doesn't feel quite over because I'm still waiting for a text or call. I'm surprised how much it hurts after such a brief time with him. It doesn't make me want to open up to anyone else. Has this happened to you and how did you get past it without losing faith in humanity?

Did you sleep with him ?
    If so then he got what he wanted
    If not then he found someone who will sleep with him

Basically...women can't win :'(

Any guy who will do that? Not a prize worth winning.

Yeah, I know. I'm angry that it doesn't matter what women do, it's always the wrong choice. There aren't a whole lot of quality men looking for a relationship in my age group, that is for sure.

ya'll acting like women don't do the exact same thing. Swings and roundabouts folks.

Ya'll acting like I'm one of those women. Trust me, I know lots of quality women who find it impossible to date. Not so many guys. If a good guy wants a relationship, he almost immediately gets into one. He doesn't even have to be good looking. All these guys act like we have so many options. Yeah, if you only want someone to have casual sex with. Good luck getting anything else.

anecdotal evidence is unreliable at best. I know plenty of guys and girls in the same situation. And I didn't act like you were or call you one of those women. At all.

"If a good guy wants a relationship, he almost immediately gets into one"

this for one is utter bull imo.

There are good and bad on both sides, it's not skewed any which way. Find the right partner, weed out the losers. That's advice for both men and women.

It's always interesting when people talk about how unreliable anecdotal evidence is and then blatantly give their opinion which is not supported by any sort of study or facts.

So wait, anecdotal evidence and opinions are the same thing?

and you kinda missed my point, I stated anecdotal evidence is unreliable the showed you a conflicting statement to highlight how unreliable it is.

I didn't miss the point. I said that you were talking about how unreliable anecdotal evidence is and then you stated an opinion that is just as unreliable because it's not backed up by anything except your personal experience. Which is anecdotal evidence.

*sigh* so yes...you did miss the point then.

Ok I went back and read what you said. It was a completely unsubstantiated opinion. I'm not sure what point I was supposed to get?

see above
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    pretty sure everyone in my life has ghosted me. Feelsbadman.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    LaPrincipessaFedele Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I was dating a man who I met on a dating website a month ago. We had seven dates over four weeks with daily texts in-between. He always texted me first. Then one day he didn't reply to me. And I've heard nothing from him since. Unless he's had some kind of emergency he obviously doesn't want to see me again. I know I'm better off without someone who can be so cruel but the bit of hope that I have left hurts. It doesn't feel quite over because I'm still waiting for a text or call. I'm surprised how much it hurts after such a brief time with him. It doesn't make me want to open up to anyone else. Has this happened to you and how did you get past it without losing faith in humanity?

Did you sleep with him ?

Yeah, I know. I'm angry that it doesn't matter what women do, it's always the wrong choice. There aren't a whole lot of quality men looking for a relationship in my age group, that is for sure.

ya'll acting like women don't do the exact same thing. Swings and roundabouts folks.

Ya'll acting like I'm one of those women. Trust me, I know lots of quality women who find it impossible to date. Not so many guys. If a good guy wants a relationship, he almost immediately gets into one. He doesn't even have to be good looking. All these guys act like we have so many options. Yeah, if you only want someone to have casual sex with. Good luck getting anything else.

anecdotal evidence is unreliable at best. I know plenty of guys and girls in the same situation. And I didn't act like you were or call you one of those women. At all.

There are good and bad on both sides, it's not skewed any which way. Find the right partner, weed out the losers. That's advice for both men and women.

It's always interesting when people talk about how unreliable anecdotal evidence is and then blatantly give their opinion which is not supported by any sort of study or facts.

and you kinda missed my point, I stated anecdotal evidence is unreliable the showed you a conflicting statement to highlight how unreliable it is.

I didn't miss the point. I said that you were talking about how unreliable anecdotal evidence is and then you stated an opinion that is just as unreliable because it's not backed up by anything except your personal experience. Which is anecdotal evidence.

Ok I went back and read what you said. It was a completely unsubstantiated opinion. I'm not sure what point I was supposed to get?

see above

I read it. This point you think you've proven is nonexistent. Hey, good luck to you though on future relationships.
  • arcornell09
    arcornell09 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    You two already sound like you're married.
  • MrStabbems
    edited June 2017
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

see above

I read it. This point you think you've proven is nonexistent. Hey, good luck to you though on future relationships.

So my original point that anecdotal evidence is unreliable, the same point you tried to use against me...is nonexistent.

:joy:

also thanks but im married so I'm all good on the relationship front.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

see above

So my original point that anecdotal evidence is unreliable, the same point you tried to use against me...is nonexistent.

Oh good! I'm sure she loves listening to you pontificate over nothing.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    Options

Nah I only date feminists ;)
  • MrStabbems
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »

Too bad he's taken. These two have a lot in common, personality wise.

nothing wrong with a debate every now and then! I get bored on here otherwise.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    Options

I honestly don't take any of this seriously. It's a public forum ffs. It was fun sparring with you though :)
  • MrStabbems
    edited June 2017
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

see above

awww cmon no need to start insulting and skipping perfectly valid arguments.

I honestly don't take any of this seriously. It's a public forum ffs. It was fun sparring with you though :)

Neither do I, it's always fun. I think I had two on at the same time tonight!
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

see above

I had hoped for a bit more. Ah well.

You said you were giving up and going to bed. I respect people's boundaries. Good night.

I was also joking since you said the whole conversation was about nothing. I hate text. It's impossible to tell tone.
  • MrStabbems
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

see above

You said you were giving up and going to bed. I respect people's boundaries. Good night.

I was also joking since you said the whole conversation was about nothing. I hate text. It's impossible to tell tone.

No worries ;)

this is where I sleep in the spare room tonight right?
  • arcornell09
    Options

You did spice it up a bit and I thank you. Serious question though, in the spirit of civil debate: Who do you think benefits most from the societal acceptance and proliferation of - what's been called on this thread - casual sex? Women or men?

I'm in a FWB situation right now so I might be able to answer that. I'm not ready to commit to anyone at this point, I couldn't give it everything I have. She's a young busy mother. We netflix and chill, we both vent then relive some stress and thats the agreement. We both were pretty honest with each other on what we wanted at the time and so far so good.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    edited June 2017
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

see above

No worries ;)

this is where I sleep in the spare room tonight right?

lol hey, that's up to your wife :D

In the interest of full disclosure, I'm not dating because I just got burned badly with my last two relationships. I personally know that my judgment is not the best right now, so it's just me and my cat for the moment ;)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

This sounds to me like a catch 22.
  • MrStabbems
    Options

You did spice it up a bit and I thank you. Serious question though, in the spirit of civil debate: Who do you think benefits most from the societal acceptance and proliferation of - what's been called on this thread - casual sex? Women or men?

Acceptance. Men. Although It is getting much better.

The way in which people go about getting sex is what seems to be bone of contention. If one person wants causal and the other a relationship then those stances should be respected regardless of gender. This is where I think the pain and hurt comes from. Disrespectful ill-disciplined selfish idiots lying or taking advantage of someone else for their own gain.
  • arcornell09
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »

Did you sleep with him ?

If the person cares enough they will wait for the right time and if they care enough they will only think of you.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »

Did you sleep with him ?

If the person cares enough they will wait for the right time and if they care enough they will only think of you.

No argument there. But in this case we are talking about someone honorable. As opposed to a guy who randomly disappears and only wants sex then vanishes.
  • arcornell09
    Options

I'm in a FWB situation right now so I might be able to answer that. I'm not ready to commit to anyone at this point, I couldn't give it everything I have. She's a young busy mother. We netflix and chill, we both vent then relive some stress and thats the agreement. We both were pretty honest with each other on what we wanted at the time and so far so good.

Common enough and mutually agreed upon.

But 5 years from now, when this arrangement has run its course - who will be in a better position to negotiate leverage and favorable outcome in the sexual marketplace? A nice looking woman with kids in her mid to late 30s? Or a single, nice looking, gainfully employed man of the same age?

I think it really comes down to honesty. I'm 38 and she's 22 and I know there are women older than me that are with younger men. The problem seems to arise when people aren't honest about what they are looking for at certain points in their life. I prefer to be in a monogamous committed relationship but I just simply can't right now in my life. So, I wouldn't go out into the dating scene and pretend I was looking to be committed just for my own selfish needs. But finding someone who is on the same page as you is the most important. So, I guess there is nothing you can do about people who aren't honest about what they're looking for and you can't blame yourself if you get used or rejected.