Ghosted

Options

Replies

• grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Reading all the responses has been helpful. It's reassuring that it's happened to others although it's also awful that people can be so cruel.
    Thanks internet strangers of mfp.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Am I married to the only man on the planet who also likes cats?

I just claim that I don't like my wife's cat, yet I'm the only one that feeds the thing, refills it's water dish & empties the litter box. Silly cat comes to me before it will let anyone else pet him. I'm still going to tell everyone that I hate cats so I can keep my man card.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Am I married to the only man on the planet who also likes cats?

I just claim that I don't like my wife's cat, yet I'm the only one that feeds the thing, refills it's water dish & empties the litter box. Silly cat comes to me before it will let anyone else pet him. I'm still going to tell everyone that I hate cats so I can keep my man card.

Too late. Might as well tuck it and move on.
  • rachelleahsmom
    rachelleahsmom Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Yeah send him one more text, you got nothing to lose now and if he doesn't respond, just move on. If you're a decent-looking woman, it shouldn't be that hard to find another man anyway and how long has it been since he stopped responding to you?

What?!?!? Since when does it matter what someone looks like? This was a horrible response!
  • YearOfTheDragonLeo
    YearOfTheDragonLeo Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Seriously? It's been a month. That's half a game of thrones season. Go back to your dating app and move on to the next
  • barefoot_xoxo
    barefoot_xoxo Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I was dating a man who I met on a dating website a month ago. We had seven dates over four weeks with daily texts in-between. He always texted me first. Then one day he didn't reply to me. And I've heard nothing from him since. Unless he's had some kind of emergency he obviously doesn't want to see me again. I know I'm better off without someone who can be so cruel but the bit of hope that I have left hurts. It doesn't feel quite over because I'm still waiting for a text or call. I'm surprised how much it hurts after such a brief time with him. It doesn't make me want to open up to anyone else. Has this happened to you and how did you get past it without losing faith in humanity?

Did you sleep with him ?
    If so then he got what he wanted
    If not then he found someone who will sleep with him
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    LaPrincipessaFedele Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I was dating a man who I met on a dating website a month ago. We had seven dates over four weeks with daily texts in-between. He always texted me first. Then one day he didn't reply to me. And I've heard nothing from him since. Unless he's had some kind of emergency he obviously doesn't want to see me again. I know I'm better off without someone who can be so cruel but the bit of hope that I have left hurts. It doesn't feel quite over because I'm still waiting for a text or call. I'm surprised how much it hurts after such a brief time with him. It doesn't make me want to open up to anyone else. Has this happened to you and how did you get past it without losing faith in humanity?

Did you sleep with him ?

Basically...women can't win :'(
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

Any guy who will do that? Not a prize worth winning.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

Yeah, I know. I'm angry that it doesn't matter what women do, it's always the wrong choice. There aren't a whole lot of quality men looking for a relationship in my age group, that is for sure.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    edited June 2017
    Options
    MrStabbems wrote: »

Did you sleep with him ?

Yeah, I know. I'm angry that it doesn't matter what women do, it's always the wrong choice. There aren't a whole lot of quality men looking for a relationship in my age group, that is for sure.

ya'll acting like women don't do the exact same thing. Swings and roundabouts folks.

Ya'll acting like I'm one of those women. Trust me, I know lots of quality women who find it impossible to date. Not so many guys. If a good guy wants a relationship, he almost immediately gets into one. He doesn't even have to be good looking. All these guys act like we have so many options. Yeah, if you only want someone to have casual sex with. Good luck getting anything else.
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

ya'll acting like women don't do the exact same thing. Swings and roundabouts folks.

From my safely married and out of the dating pool (thank jeebus!) viewpoint, cats are a better bet all around.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

Ya'll acting like I'm one of those women. Trust me, I know lots of quality women who find it impossible to date. Not so many guys. If a good guy wants a relationship, he almost immediately gets into one. He doesn't even have to be good looking. All these guys act like we have so many options. Yeah, if you only want someone to have casual sex with. Good luck getting anything else.

anecdotal evidence is unreliable at best. I know plenty of guys and girls in the same situation. And I didn't act like you were or call you one of those women. At all.

"If a good guy wants a relationship, he almost immediately gets into one"

this for one is utter bull imo.

There are good and bad on both sides, it's not skewed any which way. Find the right partner, weed out the losers. That's advice for both men and women.
  • arcornell09
    arcornell09 Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    7 dates is a lot for someone to just up and ghost out. But whatever happened, it's his issue and if it was something you did wrong you obviously would've known. It feels jarring but trust us when we say you definitely dodged a bullet. If there was something he didn't like he couldn't talk about it to change it with you, and if there was just no spark for him he was childish on saying he simply wanted to move in another direction. It's not your fault.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    edited June 2017
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

anecdotal evidence is unreliable at best. I know plenty of guys and girls in the same situation. And I didn't act like you were or call you one of those women. At all.

There are good and bad on both sides, it's not skewed any which way. Find the right partner, weed out the losers. That's advice for both men and women.

It's always interesting when people talk about how unreliable anecdotal evidence is and then blatantly give their opinion which is not supported by any sort of study or facts.

It is a fact that the world is skewed in favor of men. That has been proven over and over for centuries. Men who refuse to see that and act like women are just complaining about nothing aren't really helping the discussion. Some guy going on seven dates with a girl over a month has invested a lot of time, so he does have an obligation to explain that he isn't interested. If he doesn't, he's a jerk. Many guys are just looking for a quick, fun thing, and then they try to make the girl feel bad because she expected him to act like a grownup. It's disappointing and it's hard to believe that there are guys out there who do act like grownups and want a relationship after years of being in the dating world and being treated like crap because many of these guys refuse to communicate what they actually wants. (Mostly because he knows that she'll turn him down if he says he only wants casual sex.)
  • MrStabbems
    edited June 2017
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

It's always interesting when people talk about how unreliable anecdotal evidence is and then blatantly give their opinion which is not supported by any sort of study or facts.

So wait, anecdotal evidence and opinions are the same thing?

and you kinda missed my point, I stated anecdotal evidence is unreliable the showed you a conflicting statement to highlight how unreliable it is.

edit: i would reply to that long *kitten* edit of yours but i doubt it would make a difference. There is so much stereotyping going on there that I can't be bothered to pick it apart. You seem more intend on blaming men and refusing to accept women are just as bad. Good luck in future relationships lady.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

and you kinda missed my point, I stated anecdotal evidence is unreliable the showed you a conflicting statement to highlight how unreliable it is.

I didn't miss the point. I said that you were talking about how unreliable anecdotal evidence is and then you stated an opinion that is just as unreliable because it's not backed up by anything except your personal experience. Which is anecdotal evidence.
  • MrStabbems
    edited June 2017
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

I didn't miss the point. I said that you were talking about how unreliable anecdotal evidence is and then you stated an opinion that is just as unreliable because it's not backed up by anything except your personal experience. Which is anecdotal evidence.

*sigh* so yes...you did miss the point then.

edit: i feel I need to qualify this otherwise I'm going to get more questions which I cba to answer.

my point about anecdotal evidence is in the first paragraph. it's unreliable, here's an equally unreliable and opposite statement.

my opinion is in response to your statement

this opinion could be supported by anecdotal evidence but the primary driver behind my opinion on this statement is that it's a pretty *kitten* stupid statement. I mean cmon, it's not even remotely logical. It's not even close to being correct. I'm pretty sure we're all aware that being a "good guy" and "wanting a relationship" doesn't equal the *kitten* batsignal and girlfriends just come arunning...

I need sleep now. good night folks.
  • LaPrincipessaFedele
    Options

Did you sleep with him ?

*sigh* so yes...you did miss the point then.

Ok I went back and read what you said. It was a completely unsubstantiated opinion. I'm not sure what point I was supposed to get?