• laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Did he block you on the dating website?
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options

That's a good question. It tells you when people are online, right? Just keep checking back to see if he's on. If he is, you know he's ok but a dick.
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options

That's a good question. It tells you when people are online, right? Just keep checking back to see if he's on. If he is, you know he's ok but a dick.

I think so, I remember my friend in college met someone on a dating website and they just disappeared too, and when she went to look for his dating profile it was gone, so I signed up and he still had a profile he had just blocked her, thats a pretty clear answer for OP on if hes just ignoring her or if something else is going on.
  • LORI35pittsburgh
    LORI35pittsburgh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    hasnt been that long in time.. maybe something happened to his phone?? and he dont have your # now... i would give it time...
    or he is already married,other gf,something happened..but it sounds like you already wrote him off by deleting his info..????
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    pinuplove wrote: »
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    Perhaps his wife found out.
    He's 46? I'm tempted to agree with this.

46 and playing textie games with hopeful youngsters. Must be a real catch.

It was better before the edit :D I woo'd!
  • grayblackmfp
    grayblackmfp Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I don't think he's married. I've been to his house and it looked like the house of a man and his children. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a non live in significant other though.
    I looked him up on the dating website. He hasn't been online lately although his profile is still up.
    Anyway I sent a letter asking if he is ok and to communicate with me. I'm going to have to let it go now so I don't descend into psychoness or bunny boiler mode. Bit worried I look like a stalker as it's only been a few days. Feels like the uncertainty is making me nuts.
  • irishchic1020
    irishchic1020 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    He ghosted.

It sucks not to get an explanation, but it is what it is. I've had it done to me and I've done it also. It's the easy way out, but in today's dating world it's very common.
  • Jillj32
    Jillj32 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Just let it go. He's not worth your time or attention.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Options
    Not having closure sucks. Get closure. Send that text.
  • SwedishSarah
    SwedishSarah Posts: 4,350 Member
    Options
    I was dating a man who I met on a dating website a month ago. We had seven dates over four weeks with daily texts in-between. He always texted me first. Then one day he didn't reply to me. And I've heard nothing from him since. Unless he's had some kind of emergency he obviously doesn't want to see me again. I know I'm better off without someone who can be so cruel but the bit of hope that I have left hurts. It doesn't feel quite over because I'm still waiting for a text or call. I'm surprised how much it hurts after such a brief time with him. It doesn't make me want to open up to anyone else. Has this happened to you and how did you get past it without losing faith in humanity?

Do not put any more of your time into someone who won't put their time into you. There are many jerks in this world, but don't let this loser affect how you look at future relationships.