What is a particular "health" food that you can't stand?

Replies

• njitaliana
    njitaliana Posts: 814 Member
    I don't like spaghetti squash when it has spaghetti sauce on it. It tastes like squash. Eat it like squash. A little butter and salt and pepper. Not spaghetti sauce on top. People don't put spaghetti sauce on butternut squash or pumpkin. Why on spaghetti squash? Just no.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member

I really, really love tofu. A lot. I think the trick is that I think of it less a a meat substitute, and more like a giant fried noodle/cheese hybrid thing (I always press, dry and sautee it.) that I can add sauce to and call it a day. When others are curios and want to try it for the first time, I let them know that it is more like a noodle and less like a meat. Everyone has actually really liked it (or claimed to, at least,) as long as I got to them first with that little nugget of wisdom.

That seems like a good way to look at it. I do think of it more as a meat, but I only like it when my husband prepares it...usually baked or pan-seared with homemade smoky BBQ sauce, or pan-fried and seasoned in stir fry. I do eat (some) meat and it reminds me of chicken.

I only like extra firm tofu though. I have seen a lot of recipes & ideas for using soft tofu in smoothies & cheesecakes and puddings and for some reason the idea of that makes me sick!

• asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    I can tolerate cauliflower, depending on how it's cooked. One health craze I can't get behind is acai bowls - no, just no.
  • hess1952
    hess1952 Posts: 6 Member
    Hummus. I know it is suppose to be good for you, but can't stand it
  • stevethebus
    stevethebus Posts: 2 Member
    Tuna. It always leaves me feeling sick and it tastes rank ewwww
  • southerngirl1966
    southerngirl1966 Posts: 24 Member
    kombucha is terrible!!! but i hate coconut water more!! it tastes like breast milk mixed with fruit punch. i actually spit when it touched my mouth. and i agree that raw kale is horrible but i like it cooked. I also cannot eat scrambled egg whites. the texture in my mouth makes me gag.
  • NovemberGirl65
    NovemberGirl65 Posts: 171 Member
    I don't like the texture of cottage cheese but don't mind the taste.. ugh
  • Zoejohnse91
    Zoejohnse91 Posts: 227 Member
    Just here to share love for the thread - everyone hating certain 'healthy' foods makes me feel normal when I gag at cabbage
  • getrealgirl
    getrealgirl Posts: 201 Member
    Salmon. No way, not happening. I gag every time my neighbors grill out!
  • wimdroid
    wimdroid Posts: 56 Member
    Absolutely nothing wrong with kale...mash with potatoes and add baked bacon...oh wait thats the non diet version
  • TikiKitsune
    TikiKitsune Posts: 10 Member
    Sweet Potatoes
    Cauliflower
    Artichokes
    Gluten Free anything
  • amiemom2010
    amiemom2010 Posts: 4 Member
    I can NOT handle literally anything with fish. I hate fish sooooo much. Barf
  • harmonyashlyn5
    harmonyashlyn5 Posts: 26 Member
    I'm a vegetarian and I cannot stand raw tomatoes! lol If they're cooked or in juice it's fine, but just like sliced tomatoes gross me out! :p
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    rhaiin wrote: »
    Bell Peppers, Tomatoes and Cottage Cheese.

Just no.

This is a recipe for a good salad. I say yes. <3
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Avocado, cottage cheese, fresh tomato, and any form of squash

Another salad mix, if the squash is zucchini or yellow. B)
  • rainyday1132
    rainyday1132 Posts: 6 Member
    Beets and beet juice. It's like scooping up a handful of pasture dirt and eating it. No way. And any artificial sweetener. Even Stevia. I can taste it a mile away. Yuck.
  • an0nemus
    an0nemus Posts: 149 Member
    Asparagus....of all the veggies I hated as a kid..I still hate this! I hate the SMELL Of it...I tell my wife "Asparagus belongs in two places..the far side of the table or the trash"
  • xmusicloverr
    xmusicloverr Posts: 100 Member
    Any "protein" foods masquerading as junk food. Protein milkshakes? Trash. Protein candy bars? Garbage. Protein brownies and deserts in general? Gross. Tastes like chalk and aspirin were snuck in there, every single time. I'd rather take supplements for protein
  • LINIA
    LINIA Posts: 1,045 Member
    Coconut ---- :s:s:s