What's your favorite muffin?

Options

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Thank you, now I want to hit up Tim's after work tomorrow morning for a muffin. But I'll probably just get some from work because I'll be too tired.
  • VintageFeline
    VintageFeline Posts: 6,771 Member
    Options
    I'm not fussed about muffins. There. I said it.

Oh, unless it's an english one with bacon and poached eggs, if I'm feeling indulgent, eggs Benedict.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Not a bread or muffin person at all, but I do love lemon and can always say yes to a lemon poppy seed muffin.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    bpetrosky wrote: »
    ericatoday wrote: »
    The buttered kind.

And I make an amazing carrot zucchini banana muffin

Love warm, buttered muffins. Best fresh from the oven, but microwaved for a short time will do, in a pinch.

Recipe, if you care to share, please :smile:

Is it safe to nuke your muffin?

Only 10-15 seconds to warm it. Otherwise, it gets hard and dried out. There's no coming back from that. That’s just muffin death.

A dry muffin is just sadness.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    Thank you, now I want to hit up Tim's after work tomorrow morning for a muffin. But I'll probably just get some from work because I'll be too tired.

I'm not even a little sorry. :laugh: :drinker:
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Oh man a rhubarb muffin sounds good but my favorite that I've actually had is probably double chocolate. But thats more of a cake lol. For real muffins I'd say classic blueberry with crunchy bits on top.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

I'm not even a little sorry. :laugh: :drinker:

I didn't expect you to be ;)

(Seriously though, I'm in Ohio and have Tim Hortons but no Dunkin Donuts????)
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Chocolate chocolate chip or blueberry.

Muffins - it's cake for breakfast.
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    Rhubarb crumble and custard and then we're talking.

Though I suppose a rhubarb muffin would be okay.
  • abovethecity
    abovethecity Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    jenilla1 wrote: »
    ALL the muffins! <3
    Same, but especially the wonderful calorie bomb blueberry, double chocolate, or banana nut ones, lol.. :)

• kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Dried up muffins can be re-animated by coarsely crumbling them up and gently folding them with Greek yogurt and an appropriate fruit. Creates a trifle sort of affair. Less sadness.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I had a scone today, it was not moist at all. My cup of coffee helped me chug it down.

Aren't scones the antithesis of a muffin?
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Scones are a kissin' cousin of the muffin, as is shortcake. Scientifically proven.
  • Wtn_Gurl
    Wtn_Gurl Posts: 396 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    did they used to make muffins with frosting on it? those were the best kind. or maybe i'm thinking of a cupcake. but i like a muffin if its soft and if it has stuff on top like sugar, or pecans or raisins. It has to have fun stuff on top, for some reason it needed that texture. i liked muffins with chunks of things in them like i said raisins or fruit or nuts chock full. otherwise its just pound cake which is too plain. in fact that is why i hate pound cake. it had no fun stuff in it, just plain blah boring cake. Not even frosting! cake is there only to be something that has frosting on it.

i used to get a morning muffin till i started dieting. if i got the banana nut, it tasted good with cream cheese on it, but the other fave muffin, i could eat it plain. it was so good.. i think it was cranberry nut.. thats it! had a different flavor than the banana nut for some reason, even though the same company made both.
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    wholemeal banana and walnut. But also a good chocolate one, just finding that many are really yuck and only if I bake them myself I like them
  • VintageFeline
    Options
    I had a scone today, it was not moist at all. My cup of coffee helped me chug it down.

You're scone-ing wrong. You want some jam and clotted cream on there.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options

I knew a Brit would chime in! What is clotted cream? Googling now.

ETA Sounds amazing and amazon sells it. Getting me some.
  • VintageFeline
    Options

I knew a Brit would chime in! What is clotted cream? Googling now.

ETA Sounds amazing and amazon sells it. Getting me some.

It should really be bought fresh, I don't know how not fresh stuff tastes. I hope it's good because it's a godly combination.