WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,840 Member
    Options
    @Peach1948 -- Windows 10 stopped being free a year ago. There was a lot of warning and publicity surrounding it.
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,197 Member
    Options
    Hi all!
    DH was retching and groaning in the night. :'( Amazingly I managed to drift off to sleep in between the groans. I left the light on for him and wore my eye mask. I am still waiting for my turn with the Norovirus. :*
    DDIL in Hove was supposed to be giving a talk on "Wellness" today at the school fiesta/fete. Not well enough. :laugh:

I have a trip to Portsmouth planned with my friend for lunch. I will warn her that I might not make it! This thing does come on rather suddenly.

I was going to make Guinea fowl and Lentils in my Instant Pot today, but I'll give it a miss. DH on water. ;)

I can't believe I managed the whole of my exercise regime this morning. Slowly. But I did it. o:) For those who are new, I do 536 calories on three exercise machines in my spare toom- rower, elliptical and recumbent bike. Then I do mat work in my bedroom for 20 minutes - yoga, pilates, circuit, plus dumbbells . I count that as 600 total for my day. I only add walking and stuff if it's a big number, not just the usual shopping etc. This amount of burn enables me to eat a delicious "Mediterranean" style diet and not go hungry, or feel deprived. I am now at maintenance but I continue to eat in exactly the same way and I am very gradually losing the last few vanity pounds. I can eat like this for ever.
    Recently I have managed to cut my alcohol consumption back considerably and that makes me happy. I use a chart which I have on the fridge. :laugh:

Quiet day today. Just waiting for the virus. :o

Love you all, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • mavisjones58
    mavisjones58 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome back everyone. I won't guarantee that I will be here everyday but hopefully more than my flybys every few months that I've been doing.

Yesterday mom (who's been staying with me for almost 2 years) and I went over to the hometown. We try to go over weekly to check on property, etc. Unfortunately, it usually always ends up being a day that's shot as far as totally being on track, also. At least mom didn't suggest we go to the human feeding trough, aka Golden Corral. I've gotten to the point that I just detest that place. Unfortunately, it's the only place that mom is willing to eat out at these days.

Today, will probably be another one of those days. One of my older cousins, who is looking to move back to NC when he retires will be in town today looking at property, so I'm figuring I'll take he and his wife out for dinner.

Main healthy eating goal for today is to plan menus for the week and revise my The Produce Box order.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Chris in Ma.~ We will have to meet up sometime.. would be wonderful to see you..
    I must say the 55 lbs I lost few years ago, have crept back on, with all the stress that has been in my life lately.. I will come out on the other side, and be able to again get down to a healthy weight and maintain it,
    I am very much at peace with my decisions so far, and will continue on the path the the lord has chosen for me..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    re I love how you are figuring out a strategy with your dessert chocolate--brilliant. Sounds like you're working the problem and glad that checking in with us is part of the solution--win win for all :p

Mavis I've never been to a Golden Corral but from the advertisements I can only imagine what a nutrition desert it is--is there a salad bar???, with actual vegetables??? Good luck with the outing today and let us know how the food choices went.

Planning on a quiet day today. Going to a wonderful outdoor concert with a work friend later, so I best get moving to shop and exercise while the day is young

Take care everyone, NYKAREN
  • Mauitn
    Mauitn Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies. My gated community had it’s 4th of July celebration yesterday at our lake house clubhouse. We had water activities for the kids and lots of great food and drink for the adults. The town will ave their parade and festivities on the 4th as usual.

We have lots of Katydids, frogs, and fireflies here. The Katydids and frogs make a loud noise in the evening.

Michele in NC, sorry for the confusion. Just what I want for my funeral service. I want to have it all written down. It will be almost identical to my husband’s with possible changes in music and scripture depending on the liturgical season. Since I have no children, this will make it easy for my nieces. I plan to have a notebook that contains instructions for all financial things like investments, bank accounts, insurance, and home information. Just follow the printed script!

Kate UK, what a darling pup.

I’m off to dress for Church. Have a great day.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,046 Member
    Options
    Sarah sounds like you are a healthy busy.

:heart: Margaret
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Barbie: Sounds like a great day for you and Jake. :star:

Re: There are a few people here who are getting great benefits from weightlifting. Mary transformed herself. Good luck. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I hope the virus skips you, although it doesn't seem like anyone in your family has gotten away free so far. (((HUGS)))

Mavis: I avoid smorgasbord style restaurants because it is too easy to over eat. There are no Golden Corals in our area, but I've been to one in Boise, ID. Too many temptations! :ohwell:

Today is my DD's 38th birthday. She is spending it visiting her DH in Colorado where he has been working on their house. I can't send her mail there, so she'll get a txt message from me.

Katla in beautiful NW Oregon

Tibetan proverb: "The secret to living well and long is: Eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure..."

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,328 Member
    Options
    Heather – so sorry the kids were sick, DH is now under the weather and that virus is likely brewing in your system as I write this. And how incredibly sad about your DBIL…very young to have passed that way. :'( I’m so glad you have good memories of him. Good for you getting your exercise routine accomplished!

Kate – I hope your surgery goes well. I am amazed at all the surgeons can do endoscopically these days. Between you and Becca’s DH having his liver stents tended to by going through the mouth…wow.

RE- always a treat to hear from you. I agree it’s not what the scale says, it’s how I feel physically and mentally AND being able to wear clothing comfortably.

Mavis – we don’t have a Golden Corral near us but there are plenty of advertisements on TV and my DH sits there and drools. I remember there was a similar place my parents like to go to during their senior years – I’m sure they didn’t eat that much but at least my mom didn’t have to cook. Planning menus for the week is something I need to do so thank you for mentioning it!

Chris in MA – I love hearing about your weight loss and exercise, it’s so inspiring. Very proud of you!!

Dana – are those carnations growing at your house? They are my favorite! Love the scent and they last a long time as cut flowers. Good luck on the MRI - they don't make me anxious but I do get bored - I try self-relaxation but that banging makes it hard to relax. :s

Pip – please post a photo of the Airstream with the curtains hung up! That is going to be one classy home on wheels! You and Kirby are cute no matter what your hair color/length.

Lenora – how neat the lightening bugs are back. What are Love Bugs? I read somewhere that watermelon juice is good for a person. I’ll put one on the shopping list – DH eats maybe one teensy bite and the rest is up to me so I go for the small ones.

Joyce – I can imagine the panic with Mozart missing like that. Always slays me that so many cats spend a lot of time outside yet come inside to use the litter box. Of course, our outside kitty uses the flower beds or garden…so I guess litter box is preferable. I totally understand your reasoning on declawing. My DH has such thin skin now due to his age and medications that we’d need a kitty who couldn’t scratch him as well. When he has to handle our adult cats now (trim out tangles, give it a pill) he wears the leather fireplace gloves.

Rori – so glad your DH is finally going in for a full physical! Hopefully they’ll check his Vitamin D and B12 levels. Hope the condo sells quickly and gets wrapped up without a hitch.

Menu planning – I seem to be running out of ideas and nothing sounds good anymore. DH is very picky and I’ll make something new, he’ll eat one serving then say something like it’s too acid, too sweet, etc. I know his complaints have merit but if he’s not going to give me suggestions then he’s stuck with what I come up with. He doesn’t mind eating fast food or hot dogs but I cringe that he doesn’t eat veggies. He can’t digest salads - thankfully can eat a peeled apple every day.

But I think I have the makings for shepherd’s pie so will throw one together for supper tonight-that should be good for several days and if I don’t spice it up too much it should sit well with him.

Hey, I found a good food chart in the meantime >:) :

eex0cob0pduz.jpg

Ah, the Fourth of July and it can’t come quickly enough. :s Already the firecrackers are blasting off each night until 11 in our neighborhood – which is legal in our county - and will be for several more days. I remember when a person lit them off on the night of July 4th and that was it. DH can’t stand to hear the booms-it makes him very anxious – no doubt from his Vietnam days, and Sophie spends the night in the closet. I’m going to spend some time lobbying the county commissioners on this – there are several counties in this state who totally ban fireworks by individuals especially due to fire danger.

OK ladies, that’s it for now. I woke up at 3 with a raging sinus headache (apparently my nightly Zyrtec didn’t do the trick this time) but after 2 cups of coffee, it has subsided so I’ll head out to pump iron. It’s addictive.

<3 Make it a great day! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,527 Member
    Options
    .n no workout today at the gym. gonna do some floor exercises at home AFTER WE COME HOME FROM INSTALLING THE CURTAINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! EEEKKKKKkkkkkk!!
  • mikesmom1983
    mikesmom1983 Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    Chris in Ma.~ We will have to meet up sometime.. would be wonderful to see you..
    I must say the 55 lbs I lost few years ago, have crept back on, with all the stress that has been in my life lately.. I will come out on the other side, and be able to again get down to a healthy weight and maintain it,
    I am very much at peace with my decisions so far, and will continue on the path the the lord has chosen for me..

Yes Allie, we will have to arrange to meet up, then I can give you a real hug and tell you in person how proud I am of you. I have some time off this summer so we'll have to arrange something.

Chris in MA