Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Ohmygoodness, @pneschich - I am sooo immeasurably happy for you!! Feels like the chains have been loosened from your body, doesn't it? I know... :D<3

Thanks for the pics - totally made my day!
  • birgitkwood
    birgitkwood Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge

Name: Birgit
    Height: 6'0"

Start Weight (July 5): 185.8
    Goal Weight (September 15): Stay within 182-185lbs, MAINTENANCE

Weigh in week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. July 12: Can't weigh - camping/hiking in the woods
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:
    Final weight: Saturday, September 16:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ challenge total:
    Weight loss so far:

• yogini2013
    yogini2013 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat!! Challenge (90 days)...

Name: Margaret
    Height: 5' 7"

Start Weight (July 5): 221.6
    Goal Weight (September 15): 210.0

1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week:

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals I would like to achieve this summer:
    1. stay within calories 7xwk
    2. exercise dvd 5xwk
  • bapcarrier
    bapcarrier Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    SUMMER HEAT CHALLENGE

Name: Barb
    Height: 5” 3”

Start Weight (July 1): 215.6
    Goal Weight (September 15): 199.6

1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight loss so far:

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals would like to achieve this summer:
    1. Exercise 5/7 days
    2. Drink a minimum of 64 oz/day

• skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! It's so great to see everyone's goals for the next challenge.

@pneschich -- congrats on your amazing NSV!!! Thanks for sharing the pics!

AFM-- I'm off to a great start with the protein goal, but I just checked my mileage for the week, and it's not so great. I had been averaging about 30 miles/week which is why I chose 40 as a goal. However, with the holiday this week, today is the first day gunner has felt safe enough to go for a walk, and my sleep has been so sporadic that I've had no motivation to go for a run. The fireworks seem to have ceased now, so my plan is to get a good night's sleep and go for a run tomorrow. Don't know if I'll hit 40, but I can at least get a lot closer than the measly 12 miles thus far. :)

Summer Heat:
    Name: Karen

My optional challenges are going to be to hit 100+ grams of protein/day and to walk/run 40 miles/week.

Start weight (week of July 5): 198.4 x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    Goal weight (Saturday September 16): 185

Weigh in week of:
    July 12: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    July 19: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    July 26: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 2: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 9: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 16: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 23: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 30: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    September 6: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    September 13: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    Final weight September 16:

Weight +/- this week:
    Weight +/- total:
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    SUMMER HEAT CHALLENGE

Name: Robin
    Height: 5'3”

Start Weight (July 5): 250.8
    Goal Weight (September 15): 239.9

1. July 12: steps x/7; active x/7
    2. July 19: steps x/7; active x/7
    3. July 26:** steps x/7; active x/7
    4. August 2:** steps x/7; active x/7
    5. August 9: steps x/7; active x/7
    6. August 16: steps x/7; active x/7
    7. August 23: steps x/7; active x/7
    8. August 30: steps x/7; active x/7
    9. September 6: steps x/7; active x/7
    10. September 13: steps x/7; active x/7

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight loss so far:

** vacation weeks

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals would like to achieve this summer:
    1. Meet step goal 6/7 days
    2. Meet activity goal 6/7 days

Until next time; wishing everyone Peace B) , Love <3 and Weight Loss :smiley: !!
  • sherry_ann_mt
    sherry_ann_mt Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I have been here before....and I am back! WHY is it so hard! Ugh. I know I need the support of others. I have started and stopped so many times it's embarrassing. Seeing a picture of myself at a recent family reunion was a huge wake up call.

Name: Sherry
    Height: 5-8
    Start weight: 248.7 1st goal: 199
    Goal for this challenge: 230

July 5th: 248.7
    July 12th:
    July 19th:
    July 26th:
    Aug 2nd:
    Aug 9th:
    Aug 16th:
    Aug 23rd:
    Aug 30th:
    Sept 6th:
    Sept 13th:
    Final weigh in Sept 16th:

• Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Thursday - Truth (got anything you need to fess up to or get off your chest?)
    I'm kind of ticked-off today, you know, irritated feeling and therefore I am not in my best mood ever! Been tinkering all day with a printer that won't setup and run the way it's supposed to. It's my fault because I procrastinated setting it up when I first bought it, so it sat unattended and unused gathering dust for a few years. Now I've decided to scrap that piece of of expensive uselessness and go printerless for some time more.

That said ... I do feel a bit better. Thanks.

Procrastination ... that's been my nemesis for longer than I care to admit. It's why I'm still on MFP with this weight-loss journey that appears to have become a way of living. Looking at some of the 'join MFP' dates I see I'm not the only one that's been hanging around 'working' and 'reworking' my weight for far too long.

And it makes me think ... what is it with us? Why do we eat too much, or eat the stuff that doesn't fill us up but adds a lot of calories to our intake. Why do we think our bodies are like engines or motors, running on fuel that once extinquished can no longer function? We are not a piece of equipment that will come to a dead stop when our stomachs are empty. We carry our fuel supply along with us and would require to have no new fuel for weeks (months even) before our motors stopped working for lack of fuel.

I swear, my MFP Premium membership runs out in September ... and if I don't see some real progress during our current challenge I'm dropping this life style habit and finding a new one. One that I should be working on to establish right now! :#
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I know I've been missing in action for a long time. I went on vacay at the end of May and planned to get back in the swing right after that, but I got in a real funk over my eye surgery back at the beginning of June and I'm just struggling to pull out of it. Right after the surgery, we thought the eye was going to be ok, but now I'm not so sure. I may have to do a return visit before my next scheduled visit at the end of this month. I have a lot of reading to do to catch up and that is not so easy for me, but I want to know what has been going on with everyone. I have missed you a lot. Just send prayers and good thoughts my way and maybe I'll get back to feeling like I have some control. My weight has remained pretty stable through it all, surprisingly! I've mostly been within 3-5 pounds of my lowest weight. My biggest struggle right now is with my sodium level, which affects my fluid build up which is very bad for that operative eye especially. I plan to go back on vacay to St Simons Island later this month and I would like to be feeling in control and hopefully seeing better!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @campfire-- it's good to see you back. Sending good thoughts your way for positive result from your eye surgery.

@niki-- It's really interesting the way we view food, isn't it? I know some of it is cultural, but I remember back when I started on MFP, I happened to read an article--I was at the salon, so I don't remember which fitness rag it was--about the differences between how healthy-weighted and overweight people view food and exercise. Some of it was very predictable, but one point that really struck me was when it said healthy-weighted people aren't "afraid" of getting hungry. I was truly jarred b/c I realized that I grew up with that message of fear of hunger. Even though, as you pointed out, I surely have enough fuel to carry me through quite a long time, I was the type of person who would eat--even if I wasn't hungry--in anticipation of possible future hunger. I've since noticed that this comes from my mother. She often says, "don't you want to eat something before you go" wherever? Even now when I'm almost 50, she'll ask me this if I'm at her house and going someplace from there. Or I hear her ask my sisters or my niece that same question. Like we might actually starve to death, or as if food isn't readily available should we become hungry. I might add, that though my mother has had her weight struggles, she's mostly been at a healthy weight. I think for her this fear of hunger is a result of raising kids on a tight budget when portable snacks weren't readily available. When we were kids, if we went to the zoo or shopping there weren't a lot of cheap options if we got hungry; she would feed us before we left, so she wouldn't have to spend any extra money while we were out.
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Thursday Truth: I am dreading Monday and the next 2 weeks in general. I will have to have to "I quit" talk and I have a feeling it is not going to go well. I am one that avoids confrontation at all cost. I am feeling more and more anxious and my eating is starting to reflect that.

I am also in a "down" mood. I had depression a while back and it is gone but every once in a while I will feel a little melancholic. It usually doesnt last long, a couple of weeks at most.

I have to get through all of that somehow and not fall off the wagon completely.

Here's to hanging on for dear life!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    Options
    @helene-- Giving notice at a job is never fun--even when we don't enjoy the position. Could you try to substitute some other behavior for the eating when you start feeling anxious? Smoking used to be my go-to stress reliever. When I was using an e-cigarette to quit, I used to force myself to do something else whenever the urge to smoke struck. Sometimes it was exercise--I would go for a walk or do a workout video. Other times it was a chore--I would sweep all the floors, clean the bathroom, etc. If, after completing the required task, I still wanted the nicotine, I would allow myself a drag from the e-cig. It really helped b/c either I would decide the nicotine wasn't worth the task, or at least it delayed the use for a period of time. Maybe you could do the same with your anxiety eating.

Thursday Truth:
    Well, I managed to get a good night's sleep, but no run for me today. It was sweltering here--so much so, that Gunner refused a walk. I've never seen him do that before. No matter how hot it is, he's usually willing to at least go around the block. In truth, I could've gone to the gym and run on the treadmill, but after running some errands, I decided to finish the yard work instead. So even though I got in some good active minutes, I only added about 3 miles to my week's total.

Tomorrow, I'm helping a friend with an estate sale at her parents' house all day, then going to my parents' for dinner to celebrate my younger sister's birthday. Saturday, I'm doing a bar-hop in Wrigleyville with some friends who are visiting from Seattle, so at least we should get some walking in that day.

Summer Heat:
    Name: Karen

My optional challenges are going to be to hit 100+ grams of protein/day and to walk/run 40 miles/week.

Start weight (week of July 5): 198.4 x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    Goal weight (Saturday September 16): 185

Weigh in week of:
    July 12: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    July 19: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    July 26: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 2: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 9: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 16: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 23: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    August 30: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    September 6: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    September 13: x/7 days 100+ g protein x miles
    Final weight September 16:

Weight +/- this week:
    Weight +/- total:
  • sand86802
    sand86802 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    @skinnyjeanzbound I try to keep my mind onto something. I play some video games but today it is not enough. I would usually go for a walk bt since I am still trying to rest my foot as much as possible that is out. I do some weight but it only lasts so long and then I get back to eating.

It is past midnight here. Anxiety = insomnia so I took a couple of OTC sleep aid. So much for weaning me off.
  • Joannuary
    Joannuary Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm Joanne. Today I begin my journey. 100lbs. Is my goal. As I enter my breakfast in MFP, I realize how tough this is going to be! I need all the help I can get. Happy successful journeys to all!
  • lksmeeton
    lksmeeton Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Name: LaDana
    Height: 5'2"

Start Weight (July 1): 273
    Goal Weight (September 15): 260

1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight loss so far:

I didn't make my goal last time, but will try again. I'm not going to make a bunch of extra goals. During this challenge we will be on vacation. Also, I will be getting four of us ready to go back to school. These things will keep me busy enough without tracking extra things.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Sunday - Sharing (tell us a little about yourself....update your personal life)
    Yesterday my granddaughter turned 17 and we 'talked' via messenger and the telephone. A new photo was posted to FB and I am mesmerized by her features. Makes me remember myself at 17 ... and how different times were back then. That was the age I was when I met and fell in love with her granddad. Fortunately, my granddaughter is still in love with her pets and not with a young man. I'd rather she followed in her mom and dad's footsteps with that and not fall in love with someone until she is in her mid-20's and has matured into her own self first. But of course, fate is the ruler in these matters. She could turn the corner today and bump into the man she will not be able to get off her mind forever more.

• RunawayCurves
    RunawayCurves Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge!

Name: Laura
    Height: 5'9"

Start challenge Weight (July 5): 312
    Goal Weight (September 15): 295

1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week:

Highest ever weight: 336lb
    Weight loss so far from Highest ever weight: 24lb loss
  • campfirequeen1
    campfirequeen1 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge:

Name: Holly
    Height: 5-3
    Start Challenge weight: 265.5
    Goal for this Challenge: 250

Weigh in Week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    Aug 2:
    Aug 9:
    Aug 16:
    Aug 23:
    Aug 30:
    Sept 6:
    Sept 13:
    Final weigh in Sept 16th:

Weight -/+ this week:
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I'm back from my week of vacation. Will get my starting weight posted once i get settled in. Right now though i got 2 dogs that missed me dearly, laying on my lap and wanting to be snuggled while i get caught up on all the posts. ;)