Understanding Insulin is key to weight control

Options
123457»

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I am a christmas pudding - physique to envy - Not. B)

Perfect shape for a pudding.... :D
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    The key to weight control is adherence. Period.

I know how to use the quote button....that's a great quote - straight and to the point!

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I lose weight by eating less and burning more energy than I take in for a day.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    mlsh1969 wrote: »
    willgt78 wrote: »
    Please show results of each of the plans you follow. At 39 I'll compare my physique to anyone and my blood work too. Main stream has pushed this western type diet to all of you becouse it is a cash cow for them. In reality obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer can all be mitigated through fasting. If you haven't researched or tried it you really shouldn't comment.

Well, l must say at 39 years old, ur physique is pretty dang good. I cant argue with that. I will say that l know what works for me and that fasting doesnt. Im not knocking it, lve tried and it just doesnt cut it for me. Now l do have a few friends that are totally with u, and thats cool. I guess lm just trying to say we all gotta do the thing that works for us. Cheers and keep up the good work.

You're assuming that the avatar picture is actually the pp.....lots of people use fake pics here.

True, never thought of that

And lots use their true pics. Why have we become so sceptical?

Personally, I just :huh: when i see profile pics with their heads chopped off, I straight away wonder what they're trying to hide and why. Yes, I'm skeptical and suspicious.

I'm not saying this is what you're doing. Your profile pic could be you, or it could be not you. It's easy to find a body shot on the internet and pass it off as your own. It's a lot harder when there's a face in the shot.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    Please show results of each of the plans you follow. At 39 I'll compare my physique to anyone and my blood work too. Main stream has pushed this western type diet to all of you becouse it is a cash cow for them. In reality obesity, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, cancer can all be mitigated through fasting. If you haven't researched or tried it you really shouldn't comment.

Well, l must say at 39 years old, ur physique is pretty dang good. I cant argue with that. I will say that l know what works for me and that fasting doesnt. Im not knocking it, lve tried and it just doesnt cut it for me. Now l do have a few friends that are totally with u, and thats cool. I guess lm just trying to say we all gotta do the thing that works for us. Cheers and keep up the good work.

You're assuming that the avatar picture is actually the pp.....lots of people use fake pics here.

Personally, I just :huh: when i see profile pics with their heads chopped off, I straight away wonder what they're trying to hide and why. Yes, I'm skeptical and suspicious.

I'm not saying this is what you're doing. Your profile pic could be you, or it could be not you. It's easy to find a body shot on the internet and pass it off as your own. It's a lot harder when there's a face in the shot.

There can be a lot of reasons to not show your face on an online forum.. such as it could lead you and your family to be threatened and/or stalked.

I know the issue you're talking about @psuLemon and i don't blame mods for keeping their photos private.

But unless you're a total A-hole and torment people on here, then being threatened or stalked shouldn't be an issue.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    edited July 2017
    Options

There can be a lot of reasons to not show your face on an online forum.. such as it could lead you and your family to be threatened and/or stalked.

I know the issue you're talking about @psuLemon and i don't blame mods for keeping their photos private.

But unless you're a total A-hole and torment people on here, then being threatened or stalked shouldn't be an issue.

And now you see my problem, ;)

But yea, it happens more than most people think...
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I'm a taco cat and if anyone says different they can bite me...

... which they may also wish to do if they don't disagree, because tacos.

RXXVl_s-200x150.gif
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

Being threatened and/or stalked is not always -- indeed, I would say is seldom if ever -- the fault of the victim.
    Absolutely agreed.

No one invites abuse. Ever.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options

Not everyone who is threatened or stalked has done something to deserve it.