MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    Don't.
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    No
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Never. it's so insanely rude.

I don't want to smell you ("good" or bad).
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Please no

This X 10!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Definitely not. It is even worse if you are working out in a pool. The perfume/cologne tends to sit on top of the chlorine fumes in the air and intensifies.

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I wouldn't in a public gym, but in my home gym I go all out ;)
  • Aquawave
    Aquawave Posts: 260 Member
    No. Please don't force perfume on other people.
  • beamin41
    beamin41 Posts: 38 Member
    These are great lmao
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Definitely no!
  • astrotrashu
    astrotrashu Posts: 2 Member
    As someone with asthma, please no. :s
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    No. Absolutely not. My reason being that you don't know what scent may offend someone/cause them issues.

Hate to use myself as an example but I'm hyper-sensitive to scents/other strong smells (as an example, I can smell cigarette smoke from a considerable distance away without seeing the offending item).

Someone in the gym on an adjacent cardio machine had (to me anyway) really strong aftershave on and it was doing me in. Of course, the more this guy ran, the hotter he got, the stronger the smell was. I had to actually leave the gym in the end.

I stay away from the cardio machines now as I cannot tolerate the perfume/aftershave some people wear. Although that doesn't particularly bother me as I'd rather be outside cycling/walking/running anyway.
  • edlanglais
    edlanglais Posts: 39 Member
    It would be wise to not do that. Anything you spray on your body combine with sweat will be more offensive than "traditional body sweat."
  • Iheartrunning36
    Iheartrunning36 Posts: 73 Member
    Well, we have our grandparents generation who still go to the gym. I find it is only them who are wearing it. When you are 80+at the gym....hell you deserve to wear whatever you want! Lol I smell more guys body odor then anything or what about the obnoxious lifting dudes trying to impress people by dropping the weights so loud ( while looking to see who was watching) or the lady on the treadmill always on her cell phone, sometimes even on speaker. Lots of gym annoyances. Haha
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    sprayed in moderation ok
    choice between BO and perfume. perfume it is.
    come to think of it i dont have a choice its a public place
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member
    AliNouveau wrote: »
    Only after... You know instead of a shower.

thats gross
    i saw a lady spray herself after her double work out. thats not going to be pleasant for the people around her.