Wearing Cologne/Perfume at the gym

Replies

• WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    I've never encountered this at the gym, but if it was some odor controlling body spray and I had to choose between that and BO, I'd definitely choose the body spray (or whatever).
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Please no! Even when I run in the park & pass people drenched in perfume I feel like I am choking! Honestly, other than running past someone smoking, perfume-drenched-walkers are the worst! Keep it for after your workout.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Please no! Even when I run in the park & pass people drenched in perfume I feel like I am choking! Honestly, other than running past someone smoking, perfume-drenched-walkers are the worst! Keep it for after your workout.

Wait... What?? There are runners who can run while smoking? I can't even run... well... mostly at all.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,261 Member

Wait... What?? There are runners who can run while smoking? I can't even run... well... mostly at all.

now that should be banned
  • LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Ha, I meant people smoking while standing still or walking along the path, not running!
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Nope. I don't get migraines from it. I don't get hives or nosebleeds. I just don't think most of them smell good. And most people use WAY too much. Don't be "that guy". :+1:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Does wearing/inhaling perfume impact ones ability to lose weight? Why is this in the diet/weight loss section?

Id prefer not. I find guys are the worst, there are quite a few who think drowning themselves in scent is appropriate....
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    lorrpb wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    Definitely not. It is even worse if you are working out in a pool. The perfume/cologne tends to sit on top of the chlorine fumes in the air and intensifies.

No, most states require a cleansing soap shower before entering pool or hot tub.

Doesn't mean people actually do more than just get their suit wet before going in. I have had to leave the pool at times because of people's perfume.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Does wearing/inhaling perfume impact ones ability to lose weight? Why is this in the diet/weight loss section?

No but it can impact the ability of others in the gym to work out. Breathing difficulties are not conducive to physical activity (which can lead to weight loss).
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,501 Member
    Tough thing for me is to work with elderly females who don't really dress up to come to the gym. And for some reason, it seems like the same perfume with all of them.
    I cough a lot when I work with them and if they ask if I'm okay I just say "I believe it's your perfume. I likely have an allergy to it." Lol, many times that line doesn't work.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    I despise strong artificial scents when I'm trying to work out and breathe at the same time. Cigarette stank also makes it hard to breathe.

qbmmg8jpmjip.gif
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    No.
    Please don't!
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    No. Its a distraction
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    no. i nearly died when someone wore cologne i was aparently allergic to ...got on the mchine even after wiping it down and stopped breathing. was mortifying being the fat girl on the floor dieing surrounded by hot gym guys after like a minute of lifting the weights...havent went back yet >.>
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    No fragrance and please be clean before you go :). I can't stand smelling someone's dinner, perfume or un-showered body or after work all day smell....sweat just makes it worse. Those sprays don't mask anything either.