Ladies ONLY - Do you weigh more on your period?

Options

Replies

• Makoce
    Makoce Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Im just going to be classy and say that my period is the only time I have a flat stomach/weigh less because the cramps get rid of about an entire weeks worth of crap from my bowels. :flowerforyou:
  • PinkyFett
    PinkyFett Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • kamalelwa
    kamalelwa Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Yes---of course you are going to weigh more during your period!!! With water retention and bloating---it is inevitable!!! I personally do not weigh during the week of my period. I find that this helps keep from making me feel like I am doing nothing!!!hahahahah I usually find afterwards I have lost some.
  • chelseababy22
    chelseababy22 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Yes- I can fluctuate up to 7lbs.. It is insane!
  • momma2azoo
    momma2azoo Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Nope. Mine is due to start in a couple days and I'm down a little over 1.5 lbs on this weeks weigh in.

Diet has a much bigger impact on my weight that my hormones. Not diet as in healthy diet for overall weight loss, but diet as in avoiding all the munchies I get when the hormone cravings kick in. If I indulge in the salty and sweet snacks I want, I retain water and don't see much weight loss. If I don't drink enough water I retain more water. If I keep my diet very healthy my weight loss is pretty consistent. Sometimes indulging is worth it and I ignore the scale.

I tend to feel more bloated and crampy when I ovulate than when my period starts though. More food cravings then too.
  • poetgirl115
    poetgirl115 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Thank God for you ladies. My mood has declined severely the last couple days as my weight went up, almost two pounds! And my weigh-in is this Saturday! Hopefully, Mother Nature will be taking her leave before then, as will the water weight!
  • codycsweet
    codycsweet Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    YES. I don't weigh in anymore during TOM
  • scrapjen
    scrapjen Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I must be in the minority, I mean I do have a lot of fluctuations, but I can never really tie it to that time of the month at all. I do keep records of my daily weight, and mark the TOM time, but I've never really noticed any correlation. It is a good thing to be aware of though ... HATE TOM though!
  • mackiewiczl
    mackiewiczl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've not lost much in the past month and it's been really disheartening. Hopped on the scales this morning and I had only lost 0.2lbs for the past 2 weeks - I hope it's because I've had a very heavy (and late!) period that's lasted a week, and that next time I weigh in I'll be back to normal, 'cause I'll admit, I'm worried I'm plateauing...
  • BeingMomCa
    BeingMomCa Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I feel so much better after reading what everyone has said! I've been counting calories, making sure to use my scales and doing almost as much math as I did back in high school lol and exercising (although admittedly less than I probably should) for the past five days and my weight has only gone up! It's so discouraging I felt like giving in and eating some chocolate. I'm glad I read here first though!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Water retention, yes. I gain 2-3 pounds during menstruation. It goes away easily after flow goes away.
  • leannehathaway1
    leannehathaway1 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I actually gain water weight during ovulation and not prior to or during my period. I have painful ovulation and terrible bloating... periods a breeze ;)
  • brittdee88
    brittdee88 Posts: 1,874 Member
    Options
    I'm with @chelseababy22. Depending upon what I have eaten prior to my period, I can gain upwards of 7 pounds very easily. I seem to average about 2-5 though.
  • strawmelly
    strawmelly Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have a friend who tells me she feels her stomach flatter than usual, but unfortunately I'm exactly the opposite..I always feel bloated and even if I'm thirsty I'm careful with the water not to get more bloated..usually I am +0.5-1kg (approx. 1-2 lbs) in that period, but after it I feel lighter and my stomach is flatter.
  • TikiKitsune
    TikiKitsune Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Definitely. I fluctuate 3 or more lbs every time. It's also why I never weigh myself when it's that time of the month.
  • ladylilly7
    ladylilly7 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    my weight can go up between 3 lbs and 10 lbs during mine, absolutely the wrost
  • acwells151
    acwells151 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Haha! I just logged on to community page to feel inspired because the scales were not in my favour for this EXACT reason! I'm up a bit more than 2 kgs thanks to my period. And it feels super bad because I was just under 100kgs, but this pushes me over. Normal but it isn't very motivating!
  • Fitnessmom82
    Fitnessmom82 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Lizchan wrote: »
    I weigh a pound or two more today for whatever reason. But I guess overnight, I started my period.
    I am wondering if this is normal if you are on your period. I seem to be retaining more water during this time, too.
    Any advice or is this kind of thing normal?

Also, should my exercise stay the same even though I often feel much weaker during this time?

My weight increases or weight loss stalls twice a month usually. The week of ovulation and the week of my period. Typically I see the scale stall 4-5 days before my period is due and then the weight goes up or stays the same for another 5 days. This month it went up 4 pounds over night, a week before my period. It's now slowly dropping off, 12 days later. It's frustrating but normal!
    As for exercise, listen to your body and see how you feel. I always work out during my periods and I often feel pretty bad. I don't go as hard the first couple of days but activity does help with cramps and mood swings for me!
  • Marykaylady2010
    Marykaylady2010 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I’m about 2 pound higher the few days before I get my period and the lose it halfway through
  • 100_PROOF_
    100_PROOF_ Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    Yes I sure do! Don't weigh until it's over