WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JULY 2017

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,331 Member
    Options
    Margaret - Lisa is travelling and taking a break from us for a while to get her head around why she can't get into the groove of losing weight at the moment. I miss her too. :'( Im sure she already knows that THE BODY KEEPS THE SCORE, but knowing it and doing it sometimes seem far apart. The book does have great suggestions on how to change your brain. :D Sending love Lisa, if you are lurking. <3

Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • miakoda40
    miakoda40 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Well what goes around comes around :D Tom said you dont have to track our phone calls anymore, Elena isn't speaking to him anymore... she will have to show up for the deposition, which means after 3 yrs he will be a lonely old man.. and what did she expect once I found out?Karma is a beautiful thing..

Awwwww. Too bad.

Mia in MI

• GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,

Allie – tell him he has to convince all of us – as you said he made his bed and now he has to lie in it…Karma is a wonderful thing…

Peach – glad it all worked!

Heather – microwaves are either wonderful or not so good…. And IMHO anything that is not almost all liquid warms up better on the stove….

Marti – 16 hours in the crock pot, and that makes me think it is not heating correctly

Smiles

Kim from N. California
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,973 Member
    Options
    :)Carol, One of the best things I did for my weight loss journey and for my hubby was to cook exactly what I was going to serve to the two of us with no plan for leftovers. That way there is no overeating in the meal and anyone who wants to overeat has to make his/her own plan to eat more.

<3Allie, just keep on putting one foot in front of the other no matter what Tom says or does. You are on the way to your real life.

<3 Barbie
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Well what goes around comes around :D Tom said you dont have to track our phone calls anymore, Elena isn't speaking to him anymore... she will have to show up for the deposition, which means after 3 yrs he will be a lonely old man.. and what did she expect once I found out?Karma is a beautiful thing..
    he went to bed early to boo hoo into his pillow...

Yep. Exactly what happened to my ex. The girl friend dumped him. Of course, it didn't take him too long to line up another, but he was pretty "heartbroken" because "she was the ONE." :angry:

Funny how many "ones" there have been in the last 15 years. :wink:

Hang in there!

Felicia
    Willamette Valley, Oregon

• IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    he went to bed early to boo hoo into his pillow...

Oh Allie;

Perhaps he outlined a few of the things that YOU have done for him over the last umpteen years and she ran screaming for the hills!

No matter what he says... no matter what he does... please, Dear... stick to your guns. For all we know, this is just a ploy to get you to stay with him so he can keep his live-in maid and caregiver.

Try to remember, while you were loving HIM and taking care of him and his family and his dogs... HE was loving Elena and taking care of her.

It's your turn... time for you to take care of YOU, first.

Hugs!!!

Re in TX
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,407 Member
    Options
    Carol - when my DH used to want to lose weight, he'd just cut down to one meal a day until his pants weren't tight anymore and said he wasn't hungry the rest of the time. Not fair! I sympathize with you - I don't like to cook like I used to so always make LOT of leftovers. I'm generally the one that gets into them tho :(

RE - thrilled that you broke through the 195 barrier. I knew you could do it! Your weight loss journey is so inspiring.

Heather
    - love the grandkid photos. They are growing so fast and always look so happy.

Kelly - lucky you getting to love on that little charmer Joaquin!! He's got some hair :D All the photos are so neat - love seeing the lake. And your lovely daughter could be your sister! I haven't been to Lake Michigan in 50 years or so. When I was in high school we'd find an upperclassman with a driver's license and beg/bribe to be given a ride to the beach and Tower Hill which I think was near Grand Haven. I wonder if that huge dune is still there?

Sue - great pictures of your vacation. That B & B was impressive, staircase photo really something - wonderful big family! Makes me want to visit Mississippi! Happy belated birthday!

Marcelyn
    - you know how to spend your vacation! Terrific that you and your DH are so active, diving sounds challenging to me.

Katla - so happy for your awesome day - great news about your finger, your DS and your car. B)

Ginger
    - good for you down 6 lbs for the month already. On your way!

Allie - all I can say is hopefully he'll be at peace with this soon and handle everything with grace - not make a big deal that involves a lot of lawyer time $$.

Welcome Newbies! Jump on in!

Rosie might get to sleep in the "big bed" with us tonight. She can be trusted potty-wise to make it through the night just fine. I'm afraid DH and I had "words" last night about him taking more responsibility with this pup. Don't just put her down and keep your eyes glued to the tube... see if she goes to the kitchen door and wants out!!! Make sure she doesn't wander into the bedroom and deposit a little present! Especially when I'm knee-deep in feeding the yowling cat out in the garage, have pots boiling on the stove, etc.

She's a good girl and goes to the door and waits (as long as she can). She's about 98% house trained now. I think he does OK when I'm not home...otherwise he figures she's all mine to mind. Since our discussion he has offered and taken her out several times without me asking. Geeze... our dogs get trained quicker than my husband but I have to blame the trainer (me) for not being consistent, lol. <3:*

That's the latest on a cool Monday night. Sleep tight!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • ljdw99
    ljdw99 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :)
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Ginger – We’re looking forward to our trip; just have not decided when we’re leaving and it will be 2 days into the trip before we get to San Antonio. We’ll probably just find a Hampton Inn outside of NOLA and in or around Houston. We’ve always stayed at Hampton Inns when we have traveled to St. Augustine, FL (actually the one in Villano Beach, FL) because it is actually ‘on the beach’ and we’ve never been dissatisfied. I found one in downtown San Antonio; but, it was over .5 miles to the River Walk (as the crow flies). What I could see and the reviews on The Menger … I’m not too sure about it. Hard to tell just looking at pictures. I’d really like to stay ‘on’ The River Walk (just because I think it would be fun with the activity. When I stayed at the HR, it was 25 years ago, and I had a room right over-looking The Alamo. Of course, we know that a nice hotel will be ‘expensive’; but, still want to stay in a place that is convenient to all. I remember we went to the “Market Place” but, I don’t remember where it is, what it is called, not sure how we got there. We might have had a ‘tour bus’ to get there. We spent the afternoon there. What I am seeing now is that they have really built it up. I know when we went it was almost set up like a farmer’s market. If you have even gone to Charleston, SC – their Market really is like a big ‘flea market’. The basket weaver’s don’t allow you to just ‘take pictures’ of them … you have to ‘ask first’ and some still won’t do it. I know when we stayed there we stayed downtown in a ‘really old hotel’; but, it was nice and convenient to everything. We parked our car and walked everywhere. It had limited parked, too, so we did not want to risk losing our spot. We had just driven up from Savannah and went to the Tourist Center and they made the reservations for us. But, I’d rather have reservations for San Antonio and know we’d get where we want to be.

We had talked about ‘not’ staying in NOLA; but, we won’t stay really ‘in’ the city. We’ll go out past Metairie to find a place to stay.

Anybody familiar with Texas (Houston, San Antonio, Austin through Waco Dallas is our loop) who can tell us 'the places not to miss'?

Louis has never seen San Antonio and I can’t wait to see it again.

Louis is a ‘keeper’, too. He unloads the dishwasher for me; I load it because I know how things fit in it. He’s been a real trooper through everything I’ve gone through in our nearly 45 years of marriage. Most men would have ‘tucked tail and hauled @$$’.

I wash sheets on Sundays, too; and, swap them out for the clean ones. We have one of those ‘thick’ mattresses and box springs and because we had a skirt that was 22” long, Louis put fence newels on each let; so it sits up really high. I use a step stool to get in it and Louis uses the rung on the dressing table to get up. I know that we’ll end up having to buy a ‘low profile’ box spring at some point in time, when we can no longer climb up on it. But, it sure makes folding clothes a lot easier. I was vacuuming the other day and Louis and Cracker came in and she started barking. I screamed and jumped about 10” off the ground. I did not hear them come in and Cracker hates anything that makes noise.

I’ve been having some ‘sleep’ issues, too. I find that I can’t go to sleep early enough and then I can’t stay awake during the day.

Michele – Once Denise gets married, she might see a side of Pete that she hasn’t seen before. When you are with someone 24/7 it can be a real eye-opener.

I have ‘faith’ in Allie that ‘this time’ she has had enough and won’t stay with TomCat, no matter ‘how nice he treats her’. Now, it is a ‘trust’ issue and that is very hard to overcome. But, she is getting so much stronger than she was over a year ago, when things started rocking and rolling.

Allie – Are you ‘surprised’’ that he is ‘begging and pleading’? He’s been caught after getting away with his behavior for 3 years. I agree … Love and Trust have to go together. The operative word is ‘care’ … I care for a lot of people but it certainly does not mean I ‘trust’ them enough to give up the rest of my life for them to ‘enable’ to do ‘what they please’. IMHO.

Classy!!!!! Keeping your ‘cool’ through all this and not ‘giving’ in. Yeah, “Tiger” turned into a “Cheater” and his never changed, it just went down … down, down, down. Stay strong, stay focused and know that you have a ‘lot of support’ behind you. You will come out ‘on top of things’ …

Mary from Minnesota – Good suggestions for questions.

Katla – Like you can’t really judge a book by the cover … what is ‘in his heart’ isn’t Allie … it is someone else. The fact that he said he still ‘cared’ for her ought to let her know it. He’s just ‘upset that he got caught’. Like Allie said, ‘he made his bed, he can lie [no pun intended] in it’.

Allie – Thanks, I tried to find out by googling; but, it took me all over the place.

Marcelynh – Glad you found us. I figured by the time I got around to telling you to go to 2017; you would have determined that. We miss diving, a whole lot!

Sue – I thought that old home looked familiar. My DDnL#2 works in Natchez; they actually live across the MS in Louisiana (Vidalia).

Nice looking family.

Carol – If I left my food out on the stove, Louis would go back again and get more; so I measure out his servings and start putting things away. We’ve both gotten to the point that if we go ‘out to eat’ we generally bring home enough to have 2 days later for supper (or at least I have something for lunch the next day).

Heather – We’ve found that there are just some things that are better ‘reheated’ in the oven. I usually wrap in in foil and turn it on fairly low (350 degrees).

KJ – Love Joaquin’ hair-do.

Allie – KARMA at her best! By the time your attorney ‘grills’ her … she definitely won’t talk to him and will probably be too embarrassed to show her face at work for a few days. You know that ‘if’ their co-workers knew they were an ‘item’ … this will really make it a ‘known fact’. But, like you said, ‘the bed was made; and, if they chose to lie in it’ … well! If he will ‘cheat’ WITH her, he will CHEAT ON her. How could she possibly think any differently? Now TomCat has nobody (at least at the moment).

Lenora
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,127 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Yeah, 33 hours of travel was pretty tiring. I did get a little bit of sleep on the plane, but wasn't particularly comfortable so I couldn't get into a deep sleep. I also have to keep getting up every couple hours to stretch and walk around because of my predisposition toward clots.

So, last night was a long and deep night's sleep!

I return to work tomorrow. But today, one of the things I needed to do was to get myself set up for another semester! My course starts on Monday 17 July and is called Data Management Technology.

Oh and happily ... I only gained 1 kg over the past month of being on holiday! :grin: There's even a chance that 1 kg could be flight-induced water weight ... I'll know in a couple days.

I didn't log a single food item and ate whatever I wanted, but I didn't go too overboard. I also exercised a whole lot because that's what days off are for! :grin:
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,675 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

**wahoo hrm not recording :0/ **
    all apple watch
    bike ride hm 2 gym- 12.08min, 14.5mph. 2.9mi = 128c
    SPIN CLASS- 41min, 86ar, 86aw, 10-12g, 17.3mi = 344c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.52min, 12.3amph, 1.4mi = 61c
    walk station 2 wk- 9.16min, 3.3sp, 5mi = 46c
    walk wk 2 sta- 8.05min 3.4sp, .4mi =. 52c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.34min, 8amph, windy!!, 2.6mi = 140c

total cal 771
  • DamitJanit
    DamitJanit Posts: 1,329 Member
    Options
    Call me crazy but I love to see other people happy and succeeding .

Good Evening my dear Friends,

Allie, I’m reading so fast trying to keep up that I forgot to tell you how wonderful your massage deal is. Wow to get the massages and get paid to critique them sounds like a deal made in heaven.

Rori, how nice that you get to stay put for the entire month. I hope you don’t forget how to pack for those trips. Lol

Re, a huge congrats on making your goals and another one for the loss of pounds. You are doing great so keep it up!!!

Katla, so glad you and Arrow are enjoying each other. I know you are excited about your son’s visit. Have fun.

Marti, it sounds like you are making progress. Just remember that no one here started out at the top of their game. You are doing great to build up to where you want to be. Keep up the good work.

Sue, glad you made it home safely and had a good trip. Belated Happy Birthday. Hope you feel better soon. (later) great pictures. I really like the one of the whole family on the staircase.

M, that has to be weird to just give up a day of your life. Glad you made it home safely.

Ginger, glad to hear you are feeling better. Continued improvement!

MicheleNC, I know you will be happy when that wedding is a thing of the past. I have to say it’s entertaining to hear about all of it but I just hate that it is so much stress for you. (((Hugs)))

Allie, I’m with the rest of our Cyber Sisters when I tell you how proud I am of you. With Tom being so nice and begging I’m really glad to hear that you are staying strong. Does he think you will just forget the past few years? You go girl!!!

Kim, glad you are getting better. Thanks for the great info on cloud backups.

Heather, I was interested in what you shared about PTSD and some of the therapies. That is one of the many diagnosis for my friend’s DD that recently moved to Texas. She is seeing a Therapist there and I hope they can find something to help her.

Marcelyn, that’s a lot of diving. Great pics. Thanks for sharing.

Katla, party-time-smiley-emoticon.gif it sounds like a marvelous day.

Kelly, those were great pictures. I can’t get over all that hair on Joaquin’s head. He is so cute.

Weez, your nieces are beautiful girls. I’m sure they think you are special, too.

Margaret, Lisa said she wasn’t going to be posting for a while but that she would be back.

pretty-pink-welcome-smiley-emoticon.gifto all the Newbies. Come often and join in the chat. This thing works!! Please sign your post with what you want to be called. It makes it easier for us to respond to you. Also a location is great, be it specific or general. We are happy to have you join us.

Had a board meeting at the Moose tonight and I have a committee meeting there tomorrow night. I plan to get to the gym tomorrow to get in a good workout. Now it’s bed time so I’m off. Thank you all for being you and being here for each other.

Sending love, good thoughts and cool sunshine to all of you.

I Love youwriting-a-love-letter-smiley-emoticon.gif
    DJ
    Myrtle Beach, SC
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,407 Member
    Options
    Life at Midlife

I am no longer waiting for a special occasion; I burn the best candles on ordinary days.
    I am no longer waiting for the house to be clean; I fill it with people who understand that even dust is Sacred.
    I am no longer waiting for everyone to understand me; It’s just not their task
    I am no longer waiting for the perfect children; my children have their own names that burn as brightly as any star.
    I am no longer waiting for the other shoe to drop; It already did, and I survived.
    I am no longer waiting for the time to be right; the time is always now.
    I am no longer waiting for the mate who will complete me; I am grateful to be so warmly, tenderly held.
    I am no longer waiting for a quiet moment; my heart can be stilled whenever it is called.
    I am no longer waiting for the world to be at peace; I unclench my grasp and breathe peace in and out.
    I am no longer waiting to do something great; being awake to carry my grain of sand is enough.
    I am no longer waiting to be recognized; I know that I dance in a holy circle.
    I am no longer waiting for Forgiveness.
    I believe, I Believe.

Author: Mary Anne Perrone

WILD WOMAN SISTERHOOD
    Embody your Wild Nature

Thought ladies, you'd appreciate this poem!
    Hugs!
    Becca

Love this, Becca! Thank you!!

Lanette
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Evening dear ladies. mr Mozart is running around and jumping like nothing happened to him. I still don't want to play his games that require running and jumping up n the air.

Allie, please be on high alert. I will be glad when all of this is over.

Did I mention I had my cardiologist today. I did tell her about the pain I have between my shoulder blades and the shortness of breath at times. I know that angina in women can be completely different but my angina I had last year was very typical in my left arm. So she said that although she didn't think the pain was angina that the call was up to me about having a stress test. So I am to call her if I think I need one. I do have an appointment later this month with my family doc. Use
    practioner. I will make sure I tell her and let her know of the occasional wheezing. So I can be off my Effiant in about 6 weeks!!!! Even though I haven't really done anything about losing weight, my weight was 203.8! I see her again in 6 months. She was very pleased with my lipid profile but I am on 2 different cholesterol meds since the pill my doc put me on for my bowels is a cholesterol med.

Jaquem is just so huggable. Is he teething? Is see him chewing on your finger. You and your daughter are beautiful.

My daughter and family are back from church camp. Christina, her husband and Trinity are all counsellors and Ellie is the only real camper. She found 2 frogs and brought them home. Her parents are always insistent that when she does something like this that she pay for everything. So yesterday they went out and got the aquarium, meal worms and wild crickets. Today they are happy frogs eating very healthily. They are trying to figure out whe to come up so we can get some god hugs instead of just talking on the phone. I missed her daily calls last week when they were at church camp.

Well I will see how Mr Mozart does tonight. I gave enjoyed him not bothering me during the night when he was getting his pain medicine. Bupremex is a synthetic Morphne and he slept well. But now he is just back to being a kitten and I can't wear him out with play.

Joyce, Indiana
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,383 Member
    Options
    Carol - we did offer to give Denise and Pete a ladder for their wedding. We would have even painted it gold....lol This wedding shower is too much. I get to drive 8 hours, and they want the shower in Media which is probably another 3 hours for me. But I will do it for my daughter. Glad I'm going to VA tomorrow. I know Jess is stressed about the surgery, and getting this shower together is probably just adding to her stress. I plan to say "Jess if, and ONLY if, you'd like me to help with this shower, I will be glad to. Even if it means making a list of what you need. Then you can say "Angela, will you do this" "Amanda, will you do this". At least the offer is there.

I think for these gift bags what I'll do is put in the wine, some mints, some crackers, and a packet of seeds with the note "plant these seeds and watch them bloom, just like the love of the bride and groom". I don't know how much if at all Denise and Pete' family is into bath salts, etc. But that was a great suggestion. I believe Jess is into it and probably her friends are, too. So if and when she gets married, I'll do that for her (and probably something else, haven't thought that far in advance)

We got two missed calls from Jess and Vince got a missed call from Denise while we were at bowling. It's probably sisters wanting to vent about each other.

Downloaded a few ebooks to read at the hosp Wed.

NYKaren - what lovely flowers!

JiviLynn - welcome. Tell us more about yourself. Just jump right in, the water's cool

Marcelyn - you look like you had fun. What an adventure!

Loved all the pics

Allie - love the karma!

katla - wonderful news!

Becca - lovely piece. Thanks for posting it

DJ - as far as the wedding, all I can say is "thank goodness I'm in NC". Leave tomorrow to go to VA.

Exercised, went to the Salvation Army, came home and prepared dinner so I can microwave it, went to bowling, after bowling went to WalMart, home for dinner, Vince wanted to check some things out since the guy from Charter will be here tomorrow. Seems the blueray player is also fried. I went to ceramics, then mahjongg, then to Bob's and walked his dog, had to stop at Krispy Kreme for donuts for Jess and Vince, home to put things in the car, took a shower, made up more packets of "treats" for the cats, now here and then to bed. Tomorrow I'll exercise, have breakfast, finish packing up what I'll be taking that's refrigerated, then driving.

Michele in NC