Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Happy belated bd Paul. It makes me so happy and inspired that you say 53 feels better than 40. You Rock! And happy bd to your wife too.
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-in ... since I always weighed myself on Monday morning, I did so today even though I take a new weight on Wednesday for our weight challenge. Sad to report it doesn't look good for Wednesday's weigh-in on this first week of 'losing' weight. I won't talk about how I derailed myself because it would be giving substance to behavior that I am trying to bust out of. But I will talk about an article I found in an old magazine I unearthed in my office cleanup.

The article is in a Health letter magazine I've received for a number of years ... Nutrition Action. This one is from April 2015 ... and I'd never read it when it first arrived in the mail. Just set it down and it got lost in the clutter on one of the bookshelves.

The article is titled "8 weight mistakes" and some of the information in it has circulalated the media in the past, as I've read bits of it here and there.The one that struck me today is #1 "I can lose it later".

The sum of the #1 mistake message is that when people gain weight from overeating for a period of time ... say a vacation or over a holiday period ... the thought in our heads is that we can lose it relatively quickly just by going back to our regular eating pattern. "Not so fast" caught my eye ... I quote from an explaination by Kevin Hall in the article. At the time the article was printed, he was the senior investigator in the Laboratory of Biological Modeling at the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases ...

"The funny thing was that they wouldn't have lost all the new weight by the time the next holiday period came around."

"If you never quite lose the weight that you gained the previous year, you're just ratcheting your weight up year after year after year", explains Hall.

And the reason for that, according to the article, is that "The old rule of thumb - that you can expect to lose a pound for every 3,500 calories you cut - is wrong for several reasons." ...

I won't go into the rest of this article today, but promise to share more from it in another post. For now, I just want to digest the implications of what this article has revealed to me ...
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Hope it's OK that I join
    If not just let me know!! I started my journey may 7 (my anniversary lol) since then I've lost 20 lbs! I feel like I'm losing motivation and need help!! I'm ding low carb high protein!

Summer Heat Challenge!

Name: Amanda
    Height: 5'1"

Start Weight (July 5): 201
    Goal Weight (September 15): 180

Weigh in week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:
    Final weight: Saturday, September 16:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ challenge total:
    Weight loss so far:

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals would like to achieve this summer:
    1. Keep up with diet on weekend. Do get at work but weekends kill me.
    2. 30 min cardio 4-5 a week and weights 3
    3. Drink 64 ounces if water.
  • lydiapassthedonuts
    lydiapassthedonuts Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I would like to join if I may. This sounds like something that will keep me motivated.

Name: Lydia
    Height: 5'8"

Start Weight (July 1): 254
    Goal Weight (September 15): 244

1. July 12:
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week:
    Weight -/+ challenge total:
    Weight loss so far:
  • tnodler2014
    tnodler2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge:

Name: Trish
    Height: 5-7
    Start Challenge weight: 183
    Goal for this Challenge: 170

Weigh in Week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    Aug 2:
    Aug 9:
    Aug 16:
    Aug 23:
    Aug 30:
    Sept 6:
    Sept 13:
    Final weigh in Sept 16th:

Looking forward to the support and camaraderie and being held accountable!
  • Nikion901
    Nikion901 Posts: 2,467 Member
    Options
    Tuesday - Goals (do you have any Goals you want to update us?)
    This is what I have as a goal for today ...
    scrub the kitchen floor, and while I'm at being active, change the garage door opener's backup battery
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    @alkight84 @lydiapassthedonuts welcome to the challenge!!

By every Wednesday at the latest everyone who participates provides their weekly weight and on Thursday we will share with the group our progress.
  • jam5660
    jam5660 Posts: 126 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    So I met my goal for this past crazy week and weekend: to have all the weight that I gained from the 4th and the Scottish festival off by Wednesday with maybe a little loss. Well I did and am .2 lb lighter than last Tuesday. But I still feel a little puffy so maybe by tomorrow mornings weigh in I can report a little more!! Now for today's goal: make a grocery list and get to the store to replinish the coffers. And get this poor house recovered from the crazyness!!
  • RachaelPooh
    RachaelPooh Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals:
    1. J.o.b.
    2. Follow food plan
    3. At least 6 cups water
    4. Buy more lids from GFS for my disposable containers. I dont have my cottage cheese with me at work today bc of this one.
    5. Relax and take care of me. Feeling sluggish today could mean I am fighting something.
  • pneschich
    pneschich Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goals. I hit my big picture goal of 230 and windsurfing and hadn't really gone much further with big things. Short term I'm feeling like I need to tune up on my basics. Logging my diet and exercise has lagged, still around 1000 calories and 20 to 25 miles walking weekly. But no accountability can lead to mission slide, or going totally off the rails.
    I got a nice promotion at work and am crazy busy trying to do everything and everything else.
  • cellosmiles
    cellosmiles Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge:

Name: cellosmiles
    Height: 5'3"
    Start Challenge weight: 239.5
    Goal for this Challenge: 228

Weigh in Week of: (Weeks are listed by Wednesdays)
    July 12:
    July 19:
    July 26:
    Aug 2:
    Aug 9:
    Aug 16:
    Aug 23:
    Aug 30:
    Sept 6:
    Sept 13:
    Final weigh in Sept 16th:

Ate too well on the cruise but enjoyed my time with the hubby and the time off work. When you work 7 days a week without a break. It is so good to just relax and be stressfree for a while.

Hubby leaves Friday....and then the weightloss journey resumes. :)
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My goal was to lose back what I gained over the weekend. I thought it would take all week but I'm already down that plus some!!! So excited. Now I need a new goal for the week
  • evelky
    evelky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Tuesday goal update: yesterday I took my first step to health and joined the gym near work. I did 20 min on the treadmill at lunch and 20 min on elliptical after work. Would like to set a goal to go once a day during the week (twice a day if I can).
  • happygirlxxx
    happygirlxxx Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All,

Yesterday was a horrible day; my little yorkie suddenly stopped walking and the left size of his body is not working properly. The vet said could be neurological and doesn't know if he will recover ... and if he doesn't improve within the next days I should consider to put him to sleep. This broke my heart because he is my baby, had him since he was 3 months old and now he is 14.5 years old; can't imagine the house without him.

But something that amazed me was our other dog, a Labrador, was so kind to him ... will lay down close to the yorkie and just sniff him. This morning instead of barking and jumping to wake me up he sat quiet next to his little friend.

And we are about 10 days from leaving and I wonder if the dog will recover for the trip :neutral:

This week I was not able to achieve my additional goals just did workout almost everyday ... but did not reach my steps, or water, calories, etc.

However, I did lose some weight :smile:

SUMMER HEAT CHALLENGE!

Name: Ana
    Height: 5'3"

Start Weight (July 5): 166.3
    Goal Weight (September 15): 150

1. July 12: 162.6
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week: - 3.7
    Weight -/+ challenge total: - 3.7
    Weight loss so far: - 67.0

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals to achieve:
    1. Drink 8+ glasses of water
    2. Remain at the calorie level 5+days a week and keep carbohydrates max 20%
    3. Workout 4+ times a week and 10K step daily

Have a good Wednesday!!
  • jam5660
    Options
    Summer Heat Challenge

Name: Jennie
    Height: 5' 4.5

Start Weight (July 5): 213.2
    Goal Weight (September 15): 204

1. July 12: 212.6
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week: - .6
    Weight -/+ challenge total: - .6
    Weight loss so far: 42.4

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals would like to achieve this summer:
    1. Drink 64oz water 7/7: 4/7 (didn't log water some days so not sure how accurate that is)
    2. 10,000 steps 6/7:  7/7 averaging 157k
    3. Under cal goal 7/7: 5/7 but made up for it on the other days with exercise cals.
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Summer Heat!! Challenge (90 days)...

Name: Barney
    Height: 5' 3"

Start Weight (July 5): 252.0
    Goal Weight (September 15): 225.0

1. July 12: 248.4
    2. July 19:
    3. July 26:
    4. August 2:
    5. August 9:
    6. August 16:
    7. August 23:
    8. August 30:
    9. September 6:
    10. September 13:

Weight -/+ this week: - 3.6
    Weight -/+ challenge total: -3.6
    Weight loss so far (since 1/1/2017): 68.6

Additional Weight loss / Fitness goals I would like to achieve this summer:
    1. add walking indoors 3x/week--no, not this week.
    2. resistance exercise: I did a bunch of moving of boxes of stuff up & down steps (about 5 hours) this week.
    3. monitor weight loss & daily calories and adjust weekly, if necessary, due to additional exercise--no change.
  • jam5660
    Options
    Wish Wednesday: that I had known when I bought my UP fitness tracker that Jawbone (the maker) would stop integrating with MFP in the next few weeks. I can't afford a new one, and I don't know how to account for my steps in MFP without the integration. But I like how MFP is handling it: when you look at the list of synced trackers, under the UP they put "a dedicated tracker is likely more accurate" that's right Jawbone, you are not dedicated!!! Any suggestions on a new (non expensive ) fitness tracker for when I do get the moolah??