What's on your mind?

Replies

• LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    I've lived in the south my entire life. Everyone says Coke unless they aren't from here. When people call it soda or pop, people look at them like the cursed their mother.
  • Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member
    I've lived in the south my entire life. Everyone says Coke unless they aren't from here. When people call it soda or pop, people look at them like the cursed their mother.

This. Only person down here I've ever heard call it pop were some people that moved here from Minnesota.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    You'd think that they'd call it Sota! :lol:
  • Just_J_Now
    Just_J_Now Posts: 9,551 Member
    I live in the south and I call it soda because I drink Pepsi and that definitely ain't coke. Grant it, I'm originally from NYC so there is that.
  • Ben_there_done_that
    Ben_there_done_that Posts: 732 Member
    I know 'naked old guys in the locker room' get a lot of leeway, but I don't understand why this particular gentleman was using a paper towel to wipe an area that shouldn't be, when at least 20 paces from a toilet.
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    Food. Like tacos.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    J_Surita3 wrote: »
    I live in the south and I call it soda because I drink Pepsi and that definitely ain't coke. Grant it, I'm originally from NYC so there is that.

My favorite was when we were in Florida and they asked us what kind of coke we wanted, so we said coke. She said blandly, "we don't have coke."

• Caporegiem
    Caporegiem Posts: 4,297 Member

My favorite was when we were in Florida and they asked us what kind of coke we wanted, so we said coke. She said blandly, "we don't have coke."

Did they have RC?
  • Just_J_Now

Wow, lol.
  • caco_ethes
    caco_ethes Posts: 11,962 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »

Did they have RC?

No RC that I recall but she foisted some sweet tea on us

• _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    Dumbness
  • LVNF04
    LVNF04 Posts: 2,607 Member
    Too many things to focus
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Does anybody want a peanut?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Does anybody want a peanut?

Is that a euphemism? :D
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member

Say 'tag sale' instead of 'yard-' or 'garage sale' in FL and no one will understand. I thought it was my accent at first.
    I love 'cocola' word the best
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    My a/c broke :(
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    My a/c broke :(

Oh no
  • Just_J_Now
    Will I ever be able to sleep in till at least 8am...ever? I'm exhausted.