Motivation, Success and Frustration Sharing!

Options

Replies

• HGSmith0920
    HGSmith0920 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    @Evamutt That puppy is adorable!!! I hope she goes to a good home and that you get her adopted quickly! And good for you taking her in and fostering her! Stay cool today! I hear the heat is really bad in Cali again. Be safe!
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,424 Member
    Options
    I got home from act (rescue) at 11:15 & potential adopter text me & wanted to meet at 12:15 instead so I grabbed a cooked ground turkey patty, took quick shower & left with Blue. The 2 meet & greet rooms were busy, plus the foster room plus the small yard, there were that many ppl meeting dogs to adopt, yay. So we went into the kitchen. It went great!! Blue & her dog, Gladys liked each other. They didn't play, they were both in a strange place but very interested & smelled each other a lot. These are really nice ppl & their dog is spoiled. Just the kind I want for Blue. I don't think she'll change her mind but really hoping she will adopt her. Blue is feeling more at home so tries to play with some of my dogs more & more & they don't want to play. I love her but will be glad when she goes. Puppies are too much for us older ppl & dogs lol.she told me to call her after her spay on Wednesday. in the morning I'm going to have to put her in crate while I take my dogs to dog park. Hubby will be home but I don't want to take change of her tying to get out to follow us. I'm so tired already. Got up at 6. Me & friend are going swimming in 30min then I'm calling it a day. DH bought some sausage & grilled it. I was so hungry from not having time to eat right I had 6 oz at 180cal for 2 oz. Not bad but I have 200 cal left for rest of day. I'll try to swim rigorously to get extra cal lol
  • jenn1190
    jenn1190 Posts: 2 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi guys!

I'm posting to keep myself accountable because this has not been a great month, because after several family birthdays, I got into the habit of thinking "one day doesn't make a difference!" forgetting that 20 'one days' will! I attended a wedding yesterday and started off being good, but in the evening there was a dessert buffet and that was that. Today I got back onto it! I have about 15lbs left to lose, so it's going to be much more difficult than the first 40lbs and I need to step up my workout game.

I'm going from a physical job to an office job in September, so hopefully I can reach my goal before then.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    jenn1190, I lost 40 & am having a hard time losing the last 15 also
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 I'm so happy for you, congratulations! :)

I guess progress is contagious - I've successfully done 7 days of 1357kcal and did 6 workouts last week. The weights say only -0,1kg, but I know it's more, because I ate salty dinner and my puffy eyes show the water retention too. :D

I'm feeling better than ever, just watched ObesetoBeast new youtube video about finding motivation when you're already close to goal shape, and could relate so much! The fact I'm not where I want to be is motivating enough!

I have my gastroenterologist appointment this week, I hope the doctor can provide me with a diet plan, cause with acid reflux, gastritis, severe intolerances and thyroid problems I'm so confused with what should I eat. What's good for one is bad for the other.

I wish you all a productive, positive and happy week!
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Btw, does anyone else feel like treating their bodies way, way more since they started weight loss?
    I feel like I've abused my body by being overweight my whole life, and now almost 8 months of caloric deficit must be hard, right? So I can't even count how many pampering, mani-pedi, face mask, etc. sessions I've been through in the last couple months. :D
    If I stick to my current good habits, I'll reach my goal in September on my birthday, for which I already had planned a trip to Geneva, but now I'm thinking maybe a spa would be a good treat too. Something to look forward and extra motivation :)
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Just wanted to let you know I haven't forgotten about you. I've been on vacation and now I've scratched my cornea so I'm reducing screen time.

I hope everyone is doing well, look forward to catching up with you all soon!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @Rachel0778 I've missed you so much! I saw that you were posting your workouts but I was worried about you! I hope you had a great vacation and that your eye heals up soon!
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! It's been hectic at the park, but I don't have too much longer there. Next Wednesday will be my last day there for a bit because the play I'm in goes into tech week, which means rehearsals every day and then performances. And then it'll be back to school! Depending on which classes I get, I may or may not work weekends at the park. Right now I'm leaning towards "not" just because I feel like I really haven't had all that much time for myself this summer, and I might be making myself sick. I woke up feeling awful at 5 AM, so I sent a text message to my supervisor. I'm now up and feeling significantly better! Maybe my body just needed more rest.
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @clicketykeys You have to be careful! Dont push yourself too hard. You're doing a lot so take it easy for a while. But at least you're almost done! That and the play have to be something to look forward too! Have a blast!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Thanks @HGSMith0920, the eye is thankfully already feeling loads better!

@clicketykeys 2 jobs during the school year sounds like a lot, take care of yourself!

I'm still working to get caught up at work after being gone so long so this will be a quick check in. I hope you're all doing well! I'm feeling much better being back into my regular exercise and food routine, but I miss the excitement of vacation. Thankfully I have a social packed weekend to look forward to! (including a burlesque class, a human foosball tournament that my SO is playing in, and the Game of Thrones premier party)! Happy Thursday everyone!
  • siyana1985
    siyana1985 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    my biggest frustration is that even though i have successfully lost 29lbs so far my size hasn't shrunk yet, i still for the most part fit my clothes and can't comfortably wear a size smaller yet :neutral: frustrating! overall i feel better and more energetic ,so that has been keeping me motivated
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    Happy Meme Friday everyone! Hope you have a great weekend!

49lplggcz9tk.jpg
    vstsrh8pxhad.jpg
  • tanya10166
    tanya10166 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Tanya in need of a support group, mostly in the area of accountability as a source of motivation. Lol, maybe even a place of "confession " of slips and sharing of victories which I would totally love more of. I love working out hard, but I also love patio season :*
    I have to lose 25 pounds, there first confession! Here it is: 5'6 153 pounds:(
    Hope I can join and share both in frustration and education! Oh yeah, and meeting goals again!!!
  • Dnyanesh132016
    Dnyanesh132016 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Add me.
    Thank you.
  • Evamutt
    Options
    welcome.This is a great group
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    @tanya10166 Welcome! This really is a great group! The weekends can be kind of slow on this board but we are very active during the week. We share life with each other. Successes, triumphs, failures, and falls. So welcome welcome! Enjoy your time here!
  • HGSmith0920
    Options
    I've realized that my bad posture has led to a negative image of myself. I was looking at my self in the bathroom mirror today at work and realized that I have terrible posture. When I stand the way I normally do(hunched over with a curved back and slumping shoulders) my stomach sticks out a whole lot more and I just look terrible. But when I stand up straight with my shoulders back I actually look decent. I dont have much of a belly and my stomach is pretty flat. That actually makes me really happy. So I am trying to work on my posture from now on. At work, it's a bit hard because I sit at a teller counter and hunch over a computer so it's gonna take some practice but I will definitely get it. I've also started doing yoga so I think that that will help as well!
  • Rachel0778
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 Posture is definitely a biggie (especially since you don't want to be one of those ladies with a perma-hunch as you age). I also do desk work, but I sit on a ball which helps keep me up straight since hunching messes with balance

Welcome @tanya0166! It sounds like you and I are both working on our "vanity" pounds :)

So the weekend was fun, but it was waaaaay too many social events. Friday night I went for an extended happy hour with coworkers. We always have a great time when we're out so we stayed and talked for over 3 hours! Saturday my SO played in a human foosball tournament so I spent the afternoon cheering him on. At night we had a puppy playdate (although I didn't realize their puppy was an uncut male, so my puppy was a bit territorial). Us humans had a great time though! Sunday I took a 2 hour burlesque workshop to prep for our fundraiser performance next week and I met up with friends for the GoT premier (sooooo excited it's the new season!). I'm almost grateful it's Monday so I can get back into my regular routine. I woke up early and ran 3 miles and it ended up feeling so easy it felt like walking which is crazy since I haven't ran in a month and it's humid today. I'll take it though! Happy Monday everyone!
  • rachelcalsbeek
    rachelcalsbeek Posts: 185 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @HGSmith0920 I totally get how challenging posture can be sometimes! I feel like I'm always slumped over my desk. I need to be more conscious of that, too, because I know I look so much better when I'm sitting up straight.

As of Saturday, I weighed in at 177.2 lbs, hitting my mini goal of losing 10% of my body weight. My goal was to do it by the end of July, so yay! I have decided that my next goal is to reach 169 lbs by my bachelorette party weekend (August 18th-20th). I honestly can't remember the last time I was in the 160s!

I definitely overindulged this weekend. Saturday, I worked out (upper body), and my fiance and I worked a double at our second job serving. (Side note: I am SO ready to quit! It's been about a year that we've been working there to help with wedding expenses, and I'm over it. Luckily the wedding is coming up soon!) Anyway, it's hard to eat normally while we're there. I thought we would get a couple of hours between our morning and evening shifts to go home and eat, but we ended up working almost straight through with a 30 minute break. I got a cheeseburger with an egg and bacon on it, and I split cheese curds with my fiance. Then, I had a cupcake later for my co-worker's birthday. That was all I ate all day, though, except for 2 hard boiled eggs, and I was on my feet walking for 10+ hours.

On Sunday, I ate normally for lunch (I'm still doing IF and starting my window at 1 pm). We celebrated my fiance's birthday with my family (his actual birthday is Tuesday), so we had BLTs, mixed veggies, corn on the cob, and birthday cake. I had one BLT, one corn on the cob, but lots of veggies and 2 pieces of cake. I was so hungry for some reason! I'm up a bit today, but I'm not worried about it.

I've set a couple of goals this week. Fitness-related: get to the gym every day (Monday through Saturday). The last couple of weeks, I've missed a day. Non-fitness related: get the centerpieces done for the wedding! Does anyone else have any goals they'd like to share?

Happy Monday, all!