Strange baby names?

Options
SemperAnticus1643
SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
I read an article where 3 sets of parents were denied in naming their children Lucifer. What other strange names have you heard?

Replies

• sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    remember there was that couple in the news who went to buy a birthday cake for their son named Adolph Hitler --- (whatever their last name was)?

The bakery reported them to CPS and after some inquiries, investigations, etc. the couple were found to have been unfit parents (for a variety of reasons which may or may not have included their choice of names), but they ended up losing custody of all their kids.
  • jillwaller
    jillwaller Posts: 82
    Options
    In some European country (Norway, I think?) they just passed a law that actually makes some names illegal. Included are Lucifer, royal titles such as Duke or Bishop, and the number 89.
  • Chiquita_Banana
    Options
    not really strange... but i met a couple with identical twins they named... Alexander Christopher, and Christopher Alexander... cause they didnt like any other names so they just switched the names they liked around...
  • sewerchick93
    sewerchick93 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Growing up I knew a girl by the name of Vodka
  • Haylie91
    Haylie91 Posts: 4
    Options
    A Hawaiian couple named their child Talula Does The Hula, seriously.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7522952.stm
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    people are crazy. i read once an 18 year old girl sued her parents for naming her hanna-does-the-hulu-in-honnalulu ---(last name). she won and they had to pay to change it lol!
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    not really strange... but i met a couple with identical twins they named... Alexander Christopher, and Christopher Alexander... cause they didnt like any other names so they just switched the names they liked around...
    My friend and her sister are Rosemarie Frances and Frances Rosmarie. It's a little confusing sometimes.
  • MOM2RYAN
    MOM2RYAN Posts: 6
    Options
    I know someone who named her son Cutter. It sounds violent to me.
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options

that might be the one i'm thinking of. or could there be two couples who would do this? wouldn't be surprised lol
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I met someone named extrafine once, yes extra fine. Interestingly she wasn't, I guess people don't always grow to fit their names. oh and there is a movie star who's kids name is I am pretty sure pilot inspector.
  • pixlamarque
    pixlamarque Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    One of my friends has a nephew named Jasper. A co-worker recently named their son Clyde. I realize these names aren't that "out there" but all I can think is poor kids. Thank goodness you can change your name when you grow up. I've always hated my first name and I plan to drop it when I get married.
  • clarech
    clarech Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I heard of parents denied calling their baby superman as he was born in the superman pose and another being denied death.

My last sons middle name is fazer after my other halts motor bike and my daughter has twin boys in her class called Leon and Bleon I thought she was joking when she told me that one lol
  • TromaRon
    TromaRon Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    It's a good thing I don't have kids, because I love this!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    You ought to be able to name your kids ANYTHING you d@mn well please. That's BS.

Lucifer is a rad name!

I'd much rather hear "strange" baby names than another John, Joseph, Chris, Jason, Taylor, Tyler, Brian, Ashley, Megan, Elizabeth, Ann, etc...

And it still counts as a BORING name if you spell it all stupid like Aeshleiygh or some such nonsense.
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Two Korean boys named Bum Suk and Yu Suk. They were known as Roy and Howard, though.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I heard about a woman who named her twins La'Washa and La'Drya, she explained how to spell it "L-A-comma on top..." since she didn't know what an apostrophe is...
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    wow, that's crazy!
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I went to high school with a Candice (Candy) Valentine and her birthday was Feb 14th.
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    So, this one is often regarded as an urban myth. I am here to tell you that, unfornately, it is not.

My stepmom works for Children's Services. One of the girls on her case load is named Sh*thead (and if you've heard the "urban myth" before, yes --- it is pronounced "Shi-theed").

Please tell me how THAT name was ever legally allowed. Poor girl. There's a reason children's services is involved.

(Coincidentally -- Police Officer that patrolled near my high school was named Richard Butt. He actually went by ****.)
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    As any teacher will tell you, we come across some strange names.....
    Prince, Myster, Angel (who wasn't angelic by any stretch of the imagination), Naked'a (yup, naked a), Phuk Yu (he was from Thailand- and that was his real name), and my persnal favorite, Placenta. WTH is up with that one......