Strange baby names?

Options

Replies

• chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    one more thing....

WHO CAN TELL ME why Leora sounds like Leroy? do i look like a Leroy to you? grrrrrr!!!!!!

btw - best name i've ever seen for someone who lives here in Dallas: Jean Luc Boutemy de Guislain

i love it. when you meet him you think like "Dawson" or "Shane" and then he tells you his name... :laugh: love it.
  • jaerie
    jaerie Posts: 42
    Options
    I like weird names... My children are going to have really eclectic names! I'm a big fan of these names:

Tea (girl) pronounced Tay-a
    Finnigan (boy) - I realize this is not a totally weird name, but kind of a rare name. Nickname would be Finn.
    Anders (boy) - popular Scandinavian name, but not popular in the US.
    Bine (girl) - another Scandinavian name. Pronounced 'bean'.
    River (boy or girl)
    Freja (girl) - Scandinavian name.
    Gunnar (boy) - Scandinavian name.
    Hanne (girl) - pronounced Hanna.
    Harbor (girl or boy)

Taylor Hanson named his son River Samuel. I love it :)
  • Trixtabella
    Trixtabella Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    My mom's old bass player had kids named Nico and Nigel.

I also know lots of hippies. One of them has gone with strange names for their kids (Star, Rain, etc.) I am a somewhat of a hippie myself but never considered elemental names.

My Dad is called Nigel lol
  • Skepti_Kal_1
    Skepti_Kal_1 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I know a kid whose first name is Yuma.com
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Oh I do know someone named Cash....

Cash Berry.
  • devilblkdress
    Options
    I love different names! My daughters are named Raven and Valora. I wanted to name one of them Oncidium (but that was a little to out there for the husband lol) but if we had a boy I would have loved Lucifer or Malikai as a name.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I do think you should be able to name your kids what you want within reason for the childs sake, realize that some parents are not good parents and who knows why you would name your kid harry ball, or sh!thead, Satan, or any other really negative or ridiculous name that would get them teased and ridiculed relentlessly throughout their life. Thats the kind of names I don't agree with. Hitler, Radio science, Nevaeh (heaven backwards) are all fine to me, it's just the really ridiculous and mean ones that you know will have an impact on that child growing up that I don't agree with. I mean seriously should you be allowed to name your child Whorebag? I agree with the poster below me, you should have to take some kind of a test before having a dang kid these days. Ever since common sense became not so common I have changed my views a bit.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Personally I don't think the government should have any say in what you name your child, regardless of how ridiculous the name is. That being said, I also think people should have to take an intelligence test to be able to have children :) I've met a ****hed, he pronounces it Shi-thed. My sister has a boy in her school named Onetwenty and my sister in law named her daughter Cherry..I feel very bad for her when she has to go through highschool.
  • katkins3
    katkins3 Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    i worked with a woman named R, just the letter R
    I had a cousin named Carol Holly because she was born on Christmas.
  • run_momma_run
    Options
    I met someone named extrafine once, yes extra fine. Interestingly she wasn't, I guess people don't always grow to fit their names. oh and there is a movie star who's kids name is I am pretty sure pilot inspector.

Yup, it's Pilot Inspektor and it's Jason Lee's kid - the guy from My Name is Earl...

What about Nicholas Cage's kid, Kal-El. Really?

And "Audio Science" -- that's Shannyn Sossamon's kid. For real.

Naming kids Princess (Katie Price's daughter) or Prince (Michael Jackson's sons) does not in fact make them royalty.

Speaking of the Jacksons, Jermaine Jackson names his kid Jermajesty. Get over yourself...

And on the over-ego front, didn't George Foreman name all his kids something with George in it. Like Georgina, Georgette, etc... Give me a break. Is there anyone else in your universe other than yourself?!?!?!

People are idiots.
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    Oh and my friend's son is starting school with a boy named Vijay, we were all dying to know if his middle name was jay.
  • angelarozmyn
    Options
    Oh and my friend's son is starting school with a boy named Vijay, we were all dying to know if his middle name was jay.

It's actually Vijaya, and it's a very common Indian name. Pronounced VEE-Jay
  • Sherri0706
    Sherri0706 Posts: 64
    Options
    My sister-in-law is a teacher and had the name *kitten* on her student list a few years back. It was pronounced Ash-hole-e!

I am a big fan of unusual names. My oldest daughter is Dallas. We've only heard of one other female named Dallas. My second daughter is Jurnee (pronounced like journey). Unfortunately, we've had a other people in our area use that name since she was born - with various spellings - and now know of at least 6 others, one even in our family.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    I was at school with a girl called Beetle
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I almost named my daughter Liltih because I thought it was pretty,but my husband did not like it.
    My kids actually have really normal names Dylan & Alexandra
  • eliz_in_pink
    eliz_in_pink Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    i work for family and social services.. we see/hear it all here..

just a couple examples:

winter snow... abcde... princess royalty...la-a (pronounced la-dash-a)

yeah... :) haha
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I thought of more!

I went to high school with a girl named Charli Brown and another girl named Saphire Destinee (and that's how it was spelled..)
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    I almost named my daughter Liltih because I thought it was pretty,but my husband did not like it.
    My kids actually have really normal names Dylan & Alexandra

Hahaha Lilith = she demon!!!! Love it
  • sillygoose1977
    sillygoose1977 Posts: 2,151 Member
    Options
    Growing up I knew a girl by the name of Vodka

I knew a girl named Tequila.