Strange baby names?

Options

Replies

• casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I almost named my daughter Liltih because I thought it was pretty,but my husband did not like it.
    My kids actually have really normal names Dylan & Alexandra

I've always loved the name Lilith and had always said my girl would be named that until my ex named his kid that. I remember the first time I told my mother in law I wanted my next boy to be named Damien I thought she was going to have a stroke.
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    I had a dog named Hecate which = she devil....i love it!!!!
  • fergalizcious
    Options
    I don't know if this is true, but I have heard about these twins from a few sources. In a town close by to where I grew up, there were these twin boys named "Orangejello" and "Lemonjello" - Pronounced Or-ahn-gelo (like Michaelangelo) and Leh-mahn-gelo... but they spelled their names Orange jello and Lemon jello. I knew people who worked in the school that they went to....
  • lildevil968
    lildevil968 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I just met a student of ours and his name is Ben D. Ovar

I also met a girl when I was in the Air Force, and she was in the Navy. Her rank was Seaman, and her last name was Guzzler. She didn't think about that one before she joined the Navy.
  • spaztastic13
    spaztastic13 Posts: 229
    Options
    Oh ya i have a friend and there boys name is Trygve which is a weird name and they call him trigger for a nick name!!!!!
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    girl on the kid's soccer team I co-coached: Seven

girl in a class I had when I taught in the USA: La-A (pronounced LaDasha)

edit: just saw some else has seen "La-A". OH NO! Is it becoming that common?! :noway: :noway: :noway:
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    A Hawaiian couple named their child Talula Does The Hula, seriously.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/7522952.stm

OH man...this made me crack up!! Poor kid.
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    One of my friends has a nephew named Jasper. A co-worker recently named their son Clyde. I realize these names aren't that "out there" but all I can think is poor kids. Thank goodness you can change your name when you grow up. I've always hated my first name and I plan to drop it when I get married.

My mom's husband's name is Clyde. I love him and he's fantastically awesome.

My boss's name is Clyde too but he goes by Rick. Best boss in the world. :smile:
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    I happen to like names like Lilith, Kali, Lucifer, and Damian, but I choose to use them on my pets so that my kids don't have to suffer. lol I also like a lot of Irish names that Americans can't pronounce like Ciara and Caitlin. Again, saved them for the pets. The vet still gets them wrong, but at least the dogs aren't humiliated. lol

I've heard a lot of strange names, but I think the one that takes the cake was a woman named Vagina. She pronounced it "Vajeena". I think I would have changed my name if I were her.
  • meggers123
    meggers123 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    and one of my good friend's name is America. She's awesome.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Bump...I have to read the rest of these...a few strange names...The guy from Boy meets World..Rider Strong...
    I spoke to a woman named Mrs. Nipple before..and a man names Mr. Fugget..He lived on Shrek Way...Seriously.
  • Sweetlux
    Sweetlux Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    ha ha these are all funny! My cousin named his son Rocket. They are tatted up musicians so it actually kind of works. Speaking of names, I won't tell you crazy internet ppl what my name is but I will tell you that I share the same name as my father, brother, grandfather and greatgrandfather....then I went and married my husband who also shares the same name as me...and his father, grandfather and greatgrandfather. We have absolutely NO plans of keeping with tradition ;)
  • mommared53
    mommared53 Posts: 9,543 Member
    Options
    When my son was 5 years old his very first little girlfriend's name was Paris Fall. If I remember correctly, her last name was Glaser.
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Uniqua
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    My son's name is Jasper Griffin.

We are pregnant again and we'll either have: Marlaina Imogene or Memphis Jack
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    There is a family near where I lived in Massachusetts that were in the district court all the time and the sons name was Chevy Van and their last name was Pickup.. No freaking joke!!
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a guy named YungJoo Go. He was on the cross country team and we'd all cheer, "Go, YungJoo, go!"...we thought it sounded funny...haha
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    When my my daughter was in the hospital there was a baby in the nursery named Shi-thead (pronounced Sha-theed). Apparently it is a common African name. Unfortunately on the baby's chart, paperwork and bracelets it said "Sh*thead" because the computer did not recognize symbols only letters when printing.

Also, there was a baby named Strawberry Kiwi and another one named Bunny Rabbit. Seriously. :noway:
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a girl name LeWanna. Unfortunately her last name was Ryder. Yeah, LeWanna Ryder.
    My nephews name is Brance.
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Uniqua

Like the Backyardigans?