Over 200 Club

Options

Replies

• RainbowNtheWaterfall
    Options
    I like the Friday weighin because it gives me a good idea of where I am at before the weekend. Helps me decide if I have earned a "cheat" day or not! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I agree:drinker:
  • MissLissa
    Options
    Regarding soda, in general, diet or regular, keep in mind that it's bad for teeth. Really bad. My dentist warned me about diet soda when I asked him which was a good one since I was going to stop drinking regular soda, then he shared this bomb with me.
    My dentist just recently was telling me the same thing. But it's a good motivator to help me really stop the soda, because I hate going to the dentist.
  • MissLissa
    Options
    Hi MissLissa!

Where did you get the cute smiley on the treadmill graphic? I love it!
    Hi Matterafun! I found it on photobucket. :happy:
  • MissLissa
    Options
    New Thought for the day: If your weight loss isn't what you thought for this week or even the next, what will you do to keep yourself motivated and going?
    That's a tough one for me. My biggest problem has always been if I don't see fast results, I give up. I have to keep telling myself that it will take time and not to give up, and I try to think more along the lines of having a healthier heart more than I think about the weight. It's so tough though.
  • dvoross
    Options
    When I quit drinking soda I dropped 7 pounds in one week just from that! It is so bad for you! I haven't had soda on a regular basis in almost 5 years. I have one every 6 months or so but thats about it.
  • MissLissa
    Options
    When I quit drinking soda I dropped 7 pounds in one week just from that! It is so bad for you! I haven't had soda on a regular basis in almost 5 years. I have one every 6 months or so but thats about it.
    I did the same thing. I stopped with the soda after New Years and I went about two weeks and dropped like 5 pounds. But then I stocked up a few bottles in the fridge (I can't remember why) and I've gained some of it back. :noway: But the funny thing is, after that two weeks, the soda didn't taste the same to me. It was like I didn't care for it. But I guess that's a good thing :laugh:
  • Coach2010
    Options
    Thanks Ammannisto on the knee surgery question (below), and to you SaraRojo on your well wishes!

Great job Dvross & MissLissa on the soda drop!!! :drinker:

Nice job DVorross on the soda!

So, about the knee surgery. I had two small lumps removed. One was a cyst, the other was a fatty deposit. The Fatty deposit is very interesting, as it seems to be common in a few people...it's kinda weird, as I have one on my forearm, and another on my hamstring area. So, I may have those removed as well.

Regarding non-knee exercises,

I found the kettlebell to have a great suite of exercises for me :happy:
    Sit-ups on the floor and large ball great.
    Seated (raised) trunk twists are excellent
    Standing taebo/boxing type moves...the ones not requiring bending at the knee...to be a great burn

More non-knee exercises later.... Ciao' :drinker:
  • Matterafun
    Options
    I keep reminding myself of the vacation home this summer and my 10yr reunion. All of my family has seen pictures of me from last spring when I was doing really well and was back down to 185. Now I have gained almost all of it back and this will be the first time I have gone home... :cry: I want everyone to see the girl they saw in all the pictures... not the me I am right now. That plus the fact that I have to stay motivated to lose this by August to help with my PT test and my career. It is amazing how much motivation you can muster up when your job is on the line!! :happy:

I know how you feel! By the way, what is a PT test?

I am in the Air Force, our PT test is our annual fitness test. It is comprised of a 1.5mile run/Situps/Pushups/Waist Measurement. I am hoping to be under 167 because then I will get max points on the waist regardless of what it is... otherwise you need less then 29" to max it which really seems impractical to me!! Plus the less of me there is to carry around that track the better my run time should be!!

Yikes!! Talk about a motivator. All the best to you!
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Hi MissLissa!

Where did you get the cute smiley on the treadmill graphic? I love it!
    Hi Matterafun! I found it on photobucket. :happy:

Excellent! Thanks!
  • flois
    flois Posts: 32
    Options
    Hi all

I've a had a good day today - kept to my calories, drank my water, (have a glass next to me as i type- as if I'd dare come here without!) and have taken a brisk walk.:happy:

I'm feeling quite confident about Friday this week as it'll be my first proper weigh in since I started here. It took me a week or so to set things up and get to the first Friday for a weigh in and this has been the first full week snce then.

I'm from England and I don't really know what soda is!! I guess its fizzy canned drinks? Pepsi and Cola etc? If so I'm OK as I don't drink them at all, but tell me if I've got it wrong.

We're a nation of tea drinkers :drinker: but I have used decaffinated tea for the last couple years although I did have three cups of cafinated coffee today, that's hard to do without. But Ok if its in addition to the 64oz water I hope.

Whatever time it is where you are - have a good day and drink up.:wink:
    Flo
  • Matterafun
    Options
    Hi all

I've a had a good day today - kept to my calories, drank my water, (have a glass next to me as i type- as if I'd dare come here without!) and have taken a brisk walk.:happy:

I'm feeling quite confident about Friday this week as it'll be my first proper weigh in since I started here. It took me a week or so to set things up and get to the first Friday for a weigh in and this has been the first full week snce then.

I'm from England and I don't really know what soda is!! I guess its fizzy canned drinks? Pepsi and Cola etc? If so I'm OK as I don't drink them at all, but tell me if I've got it wrong.

We're a nation of tea drinkers :drinker: but I have used decaffinated tea for the last couple years although I did have three cups of cafinated coffee today, that's hard to do without. But Ok if its in addition to the 64oz water I hope.

Whatever time it is where you are - have a good day and drink up.:wink:
    Flo

Hi Flo!

You've got it right. Soda is any type of carbonated drink like Pepsi, Coke, Sprite, etc.

It's mid-afternoon in the central U.S. and I've got about 32 oz. of water to go. Shouldn't be a problem, though. I've still got to work out today :smile:

You have a good day, too!
  • rosered51
    Options
    So I am not sure when we were to start the water challenge but here are my totals for the week:
    Sun 02/01: 96 oz (12 cups)
    Mon 02/02: 96 oz (12 cups)
    Tue 02/03: 144 oz (18 cups)
    Wed 02/04: 120 oz (15 cups)

Hope everyone else is meeting their goals! Can't wait to see where I am on Friday...hope you all are excited also!!!
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    Are we to post water everyday, or just one list of the days broke down?
    Mine today was 96oz
  • rosered51
    Options
    I wasn't sure, so I consolidated to help amman out so she didn't have to scroll all over for mine:laugh:
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I wasn't sure, so I consolidated to help amman out so she didn't have to scroll all over for mine:laugh:

:laugh: :happy:
  • Opera_Bound
    Opera_Bound Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    At 72+ oz of water today. Great Question Sara_rojo....how should we log our daily water intake?

Also, is it a 'mandatory' weigh in on fridays? I usualy do mine on Tuesday mornings...but might be willing to change it up. :laugh: :wink:
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    oh i am so not excited or prepared for this weeks weigh in i know i havent lost any because it was my husbands birthday and i didn't want to ruin it by my diet i wanted to let him eat where ever he wanted instead i realized i should have just ordered a salad oh well on me tho i'm getting through it and i'm on that time of the month and i know that shows a pound or two on the scale ahhhh
    :mad:

but yay for getting back on track
    :bigsmile:

thanks everyone on here for the support it helps knowing that i have people to "report" to in a way
    :drinker:
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I'm in

SW: 289
    CW:278 since Jan 9
    GW: 165
  • jocelynnbug
    jocelynnbug Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    oh yeah i forgot to report my water