Strange baby names?

Options

Replies

• taldie01
    taldie01 Posts: 378
    Options
    Didnt read the whole thread but I think it was India or greece someone named thier kid Facebook
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I like the name Lucifer, it means The Morning Star. I don't see any issue with calling a child this name.

*nods head* SPN fangirls will defend the name Lucifer.

Castiel - my friend hasn't name her kid this yet but she claims she will.
  • HotMamaByVday
    HotMamaByVday Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    You ought to be able to name your kids ANYTHING you d@mn well please. That's BS.

Lucifer is a rad name!

I'd much rather hear "strange" baby names than another John, Joseph, Chris, Jason, Taylor, Tyler, Brian, Ashley, Megan, Elizabeth, Ann, etc...

And it still counts as a BORING name if you spell it all stupid like Aeshleiygh or some such nonsense.

Yea! But just b/c its not my kids legal names, some days I want to call them Lucifer!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    There of course is the Nascar Racer "**** Trickle" Ugh. I would of smacked mom for that one. . lol. . . Or there was a hippie couple by my grandmothers growing up that named their little boy Twilight rainbow. . geesh. ..
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    I like unique names for kiddos... my own kids will be Kylar Alexis (the middle name is normal but not the first) Kamden Monroe, and Harper David.

I really like the names
    Jax
    Pilot
    Jude
    Elliana
    Alexandra (pronounced ale-shondra)
    Xavier
    Israel (boy or girl)
    Compton (Boy)
    Kadence (Girl)
    Carrington (Girl)
    Kord (boy)
    Kagen (boy or girl)
    Keegan (boy or girl)
    etc..

yes i like K names b'c my hubby and I are both K's but i've always my kiddos to have K names
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    To heck with naming a child lucipher. . that is twisted. .. I named my daughter Jasmine meaning "Gift from God"
  • PowerEqualsStrengthOverTime
    Options
    I heard about a woman who named her twins La'Washa and La'Drya, she explained how to spell it "L-A-comma on top..." since she didn't know what an apostrophe is...

That is unflippingbelievable. WHY WHY WHY WHY WHY?!?!?!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I work at the airport and I hear and see some odd names. Just the other day this very posh English woman (i'm British) was shouting at her screaming little brat who was running around being obnoxious: "Huxley you come here, right this instant". My colleague and I just looked at each other. Huxley? The thing is there used to be a cartonn on in the 80's which was called Huxley Pig! Incidentally, she later told him that if he didn't behave she would tell his nanny!
    Another time a woman came through and she had twin boys. Their names were Calvin and Klein. Poor things.
    Get alot of people called names like Godspeed, Godswilling, those names are very popular in Nigeria. Just today my friend dealt with a lady called Beauty Smooth!
    I'm sure i'll remember some more later.

Huxley is an AWESOME name! Like Aldous Huxley...Brave New World? I'd totally name my son that.

Believe it or not, I went to school with a girl named Candice Pussey.

But get this...she went by Candi. Candi Pussey.

Edited to include:

WOW. I totally forgot about my parents' friend's daughter.

She named her daughter Ryze Aurora Bluu, and her son Azura Lovestar.
  • JodieLBradbury
    JodieLBradbury Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the name Lucifer.

When my partner and I have children she wants to call them

Nolan - John Nolan from Taking Back Sunday
    Anberlin - American Band
    Juliana - The Juliana Theory

I like the names Dexter and Sheldon.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    I know a guy named Clovis!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    one more thing....

WHO CAN TELL ME why Leora sounds like Leroy? do i look like a Leroy to you? grrrrrr!!!!!!

btw - best name i've ever seen for someone who lives here in Dallas: Jean Luc Boutemy de Guislain

i love it. when you meet him you think like "Dawson" or "Shane" and then he tells you his name... :laugh: love it.

Dude, I feel you! My name is Bronwen and people always want to say BroWnwen. And I get junk mail and telemarketer calls where they call me Mr. all the time! UGH! Tho, my almost 9 year old cousin was calling me Brownwen to tease me the other day and when I said there's no brown in my name she said, "I know, but I thought you could use some more color in your life." I couldn't help but laugh at that!

Oh, and the rest of my family's names are: David, Ann, Caitlin, and Isaac. I'm the only weird name, plus I'm named after the heroine in a sci-fi romance novel because my mom read it while she was pregnant, then had a dream that she was pregnant and decided to name her daughter Bronwen. People assume my name was passed down in my family...I sometimes wish that was the case!
  • nerdyandilikeit
    nerdyandilikeit Posts: 2,185 Member
    Options
    I almost named my daughter Liltih because I thought it was pretty,but my husband did not like it.
    My kids actually have really normal names Dylan & Alexandra

I don't mind that one, but it makes me think of Frasier.
    It also sort of makes me think of what my sister was almost named: Elspeth. In the book Angel of Darkness there's a serial killer named this, and I like to tease my sister about that :)
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    I love the name Clovis! I really like names you recognize but don't hear all the time. My bofriends name is Spark. my name is Analeesha ( ana-lee-sha). I am soooo thankful my parents spelled it noramlly! I HHHHAAAATTEEE the names that are like Ashley that are spelled with all sorts of letters and numbers, it jsut makes ti annoying for people to write your name down and makes everyones life harder ! It is better to go with a name like Dexter becasue at least people know how to spell it and it is fun!
  • sw33tp3a11
    sw33tp3a11 Posts: 4,646 Member
    Options
    LMAO, this is so hilarious!:laugh:
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I love the name Clovis! I really like names you recognize but don't hear all the time. My bofriends name is Spark. my name is Analeesha ( ana-lee-sha). I am soooo thankful my parents spelled it noramlly! I HHHHAAAATTEEE the names that are like Ashley that are spelled with all sorts of letters and numbers, it jsut makes ti annoying for people to write your name down and makes everyones life harder ! It is better to go with a name like Dexter becasue at least people know how to spell it and it is fun!

My youngest daughter's name is spelled LEEYAH and pronounced like Leah. Although she goes by Kayle which is actually Makayle, her middle name, shortened.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options

The guy named Clovis was awesome but i laughed when i said his name. It was like "hey Clovis (giggle giggle)" then the nutty professor with eddie murphy came out and we started calling him Cleetus! Poor guy!
  • ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    the Appledumpling Gang is and was one of my favorite movies, one of the kids is named Clovis.

I think the names Apple and Seven and quite nice.

I have told my boyfriend I want to name our kid Citizen. I feel like I have to pick something inventive becasue we both have different names.
  • GCPgirl
    GCPgirl Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I was at a community pool one day and a mother was calling for her son...his name was Atticus.

Now, I'm all for the unique names as long as it's something your kid can live with. I have a friend who's daughter is Sheridan, another friend has a daughter named Trinity and a family member who's son's middle name is Kash. I also have a neighbor who's kids are Gunnar and Riley (not odd names, just unique)

I also have to giggle a little when I hear of someone named Shea (w/ that spelling) because that is my dog's name.

The problem with unique names is that you always have to correct people on the pronounciation or the spelling.

My name is Trisa , not Tricia, not Trisha, not Trista. My mother created it because she didn't like my given name which she gave me because of Italian tradition. I was named after my grandma...Beatrice. My mom never called me by that name even when she yelled at me as a kid so I feel no association to it.
  • jayb123x
    jayb123x Posts: 138
    Options
    I knew a friend of a friend named Governor who had siblings named Mayor and Queen.
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    I went to high school with a Candice (Candy) Valentine and her birthday was Feb 14th.

that is ridiculously cute!!!

The "weirdest" names I've heard were King, Rainbow, and Wisdom (though I do like them as names)