Is it ok to ask for credit score/report before first date

Replies

• BattleRopes
    BattleRopes Posts: 128 Member
    tuckerrj wrote: »
    Friend and i discussed this and although im not into money it may help weed out some weirdos...thoughts?

Start small then work your way up the scale of severity, like do they have a job, still live with their parents, ever been convicted of a felony or are they on a sexual offender list somewhere. Credit scores come later!
    This should be the approach.

At some point, credit score is important to have a good picture of the individual's financial capabilities and poor decisions. In cases of marriage, debt becomes collective debt. And you don't want to be tied into someone's spending problems.

I remember seeing a news segment, within which a prosecutor; had to testify at congress because he had to divorce his wife, due to becoming the 1 the law deemed responsible; for having to pay for her ex husband's debt! Apparently so much money was being garnished via his wages, that he was unable to afford gas; to go to work himself! I don't know what, became of his situation and/or the law, since though!
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    I would rather have a 5 year medication list
  • TsitoB
    TsitoB Posts: 505 Member
    90% of responses

"I would be offended and not answer this! Btw here's my credit score"

If only your profile picture was Kermit sipping on his tea lmao.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    That will just drive them away.
  • mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    Well it would appear i am the weirdo... jeez....you people think to literal ...the first question i usually go with is if you were a fruit what would you be and why?

Cause that question typically puts you in one of 3 categories...1. Lame/boring 2. Perv/sexual 3. Crazy/hilarous/creative

Since everyone liked my credit score opening i went with that ... :D
    If you were a bad credit score why?
    If you were a good credit score why?

This also puts you in categories.... :p:p:p
  • BattleRopes
    Well it would appear i am the weirdo... jeez....you people think to literal ...the first question i usually go with is if you were a fruit what would you be and why?

Cause that question typically puts you in one of 3 categories...1. Lame/boring 2. Perv/sexual 3. Crazy/hilarous/creative

Since everyone liked my credit score opening i went with that ... :D
    If you were a bad credit score why?
    If you were a good credit score why?

This also puts you in categories.... :p:p:p

It's possible, to be; literally funny!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    If I was still in the online dating scene, I would totally have a headline like "Rocking a credit score or 783" lol. It would be funny and is kinda a running joke. I get that it is important but it is really weird to straight ask. A headline like that would open up the conversation and I somehow feel your awesome headline would scare away the 400s
  • MichelleLaree13
    A noticed a lot of comments about how it shouldn't matter. I couldn't date someone knowing the relationship may never progress. Finances generally become combined and I would lose my sanity with someone who was living beyond their/our means. If the mortgage needs to be paid and he goes and spends all the checking and savings on the tables, there would probably be a domestic... (I don't agree with domestics by any means)
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,386 Member
    I would refuse to answer this question without some type of pre-date agreement in place. Problem solved.

.....and yes I saw that the OP wasn't very serious. But some of the responses were good. :smile:
  • mrwineismybf
    mrwineismybf Posts: 4,088 Member
    A noticed a lot of comments about how it shouldn't matter. I couldn't date someone knowing the relationship may never progress. Finances generally become combined and I would lose my sanity with someone who was living beyond their/our means. If the mortgage needs to be paid and he goes and spends all the checking and savings on the tables, there would probably be a domestic... (I don't agree with domestics by any means)

Very good point...theres lots of reasons for bad credit scores but 9 times outta 10 its bad spending habits and/or poor money management
  • MichelleLaree13
    I always ask for a nice pap smear

Men look down on it when I ask and frankly it is awkward but no one has ever chose not to go. Better safe then sorry

• beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    edited July 2017
    I always ask for a nice pap smear

To check for cervical cancer? That's sweet. Do you spring for pre-date mammograms, too? :)
  • TylerJ8476
    TylerJ8476 Posts: 18 Member
    edited July 2017
    I have horrible credit, but I like to think I'm a good person...what do I win?
  • Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    TylerJ8476 wrote: »

Based on some these answers, a lack of dates.
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Why go so personal to weed out weirdos? Just ask what their favorite candy is and of they day marshmallow peeps, get up and walk away
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    NO!!!!!!!
  • BattleRopes

However I believe 1st dates should be fun rather than serious, nothing'll matter if you're unable to enjoy each other's company enough; to even seek a 2nd date!
  • MichelleLaree13
    edited July 2017
    TylerJ8476 wrote: »
    Lots of people have bad credit. If it is a deal breaker wouldn't you rather know up front then date that person? Ok... maybe not the 1st date but maybe the 5th?? I dated a smoker because he said up front that he smokes but was quitting. He knew my stance on it. Well he never quite and I never want to live with a smoker. It is a bummer to get attached when someone knows a relationship will never progress past a deal breaker.