How can I get my chocolate hit without consuming loads of ca

Options
Ok so I am a self confessed choco-holic. I have been known to eat chocolate for breakfast in the past! I find that after my evening meal I always crave chocolate pretty much straight away, but now that I'm trying to lose weight I wanna find some different ways to get that sweet fix without overloading on calories. Any ideas??

Replies

• thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    eat one square of a bar.

or Jello makes these chocolate mousse cups for 90 cals.

OR add chocolate protein powder to milk or hot water to make hot chocolate.
  • authson
    authson Posts: 233
    Options
    I have two pieces of dove chocolate almost every night. Yes I am able to stop myself and they are my little treat at about 80 calories for the two pieces
  • msblueyes5
    msblueyes5 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I freeze Yopliat Chocolate Whips and its a frozen choclate treat for 160 calories and takes a little while to eat so its satisfying!! SOO yummy!
  • cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    My husband and daughter are choco-holics also. After dinner they enjoy their chocolate but have one piece of dark chocolate with hazelnuts to satisfy their sweet tooth. All in moderation.
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    fiber one 90 calorie brownies are DELICIOUS! Skinny cow makes some down right tastey business too!!
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I eat one square of belgium dark chocolate. It's 60 calories. It gives me that little chocolate jolt and then i'm good :)
  • etarre
    etarre Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Try really dark chocolate-- the chocolate flavor is really rich and concentrated and it's not super sweet so it doesn't make you crave more sweets after you eat it. I also like chocolate bars with a little bit of savor flavor-- Lindt makes a great bar that has a touch of sea salt, and they also have a chili flavor. I can usually (!) force myself to stop eating after 1 or 2 squares with those.
  • michiganderrdh
    michiganderrdh Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I make chocolate Shakeology for breakfast :) Totally tackles my craving! PM if you'd like more info!
  • avalonfloyd
    Options
    I eat Ghiradella Twilight Delight chocolate squares. I buy a bag of them and trained myself to only have one at a time. Some days I'll have more than one, but usually it does the trick, and there's only around 70 calories in a single square. The darker the chocolate, the better it is for you and this stuff is like 76% dark chocolate - any higher and it starts to taste like chalk and not really do it for me!

It takes a little training but you can get to where you just have one piece of something and it'll satisfy your craving.
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Skinny cow clusters at 120 calories a packet. OR plain M&Ms: 34 calories per 10 M&Ms. Eat slowly and savor the chocolate flavor; I find that calms down my cravings. I've also been (occasionally) having a chocolate croissant for breakfast (clocks in at 237 calories according to MFP: Generic Chocolate Croissant).
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Try dark chocolate that is 75% or higher. I like Lindt 85%. I felt like I could have eaten an entire pan of brownies last night. One square of dark chocolate took care of that!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/zero-carb-foods/miss-meringue-chocolate

these are great, chocolate flavour meruinges, you can eat the whole box and not feel guilty as they are so low in calories!
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    http://www.lowcarbmegastore.com/zero-carb-foods/miss-meringue-chocolate

these are great, chocolate flavour meruinges, you can eat the whole box and not feel guilty as they are so low in calories!
  • michelleion
    michelleion Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Bump! I would like to read more responses :) A square of dark chocolate or some chocolate chips usually do it for me. It is hard to limit though, I must admit!!
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    I looooove Emerald's cocoa roasted almonds. So yummy, and filling!
  • butterflykisses9
    Options
    Special K chocolate Cereal ....DELICIOUS!
  • tony2009
    tony2009 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I usually get my chocolate fix with some protein powder after a workout. It takes away my craving for chocolate milk =-P
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I put nutella and cream cheese on whole wheat toast and it feels (IMO) like I am eating chocolate cheesecake....I just use small portions of the nutella and cream cheese....
  • roseheart79
    roseheart79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I too LOVE the Fiber One Chocolate Brownie which is only 90 calories. I also love the new Nature Valley granola with dark chocolate squares, which are 60 calories.
  • Flocker1979
    Options
    I just discovered 100 calorie packs of dark chocolate almonds from Blue Diamond. Gives me my chocolate fix, plus healthy almonds!