• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,275 Member
    Options
    You'll do it Kami!
  • peachElibrarian
    peachElibrarian Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

So I've been gone for what feels like forever. So much has happened since the last time I posted or even checked into mpf for the matter. I graduated from grad school, moved to a different city, went on a cruise, oh and completely fell off the dieting wagon. I went right back up to my starting weight erasing all the progress I had made. But starting tomorrow I am back on track. I have a friend at work who also lives in my apartment complex who is going to help hold me accountable/work out with. I'm glad to see this board/group is still here and excited to jump back in.

Morgan
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hi all!

So I've been gone for what feels like forever. So much has happened since the last time I posted or even checked into mpf for the matter. I graduated from grad school, moved to a different city, went on a cruise, oh and completely fell off the dieting wagon. I went right back up to my starting weight erasing all the progress I had made. But starting tomorrow I am back on track. I have a friend at work who also lives in my apartment complex who is going to help hold me accountable/work out with. I'm glad to see this board/group is still here and excited to jump back in.

Morgan

You can do it Peach! We're here for you!
  • bluerose9483
    bluerose9483 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Wanted to share this with everyone, incase you're not on my friends' list

Mike was in trouble. He forgot his wedding anniversary & his wife was angry. She said, "Tomorrow morning, I expect to find a gift in the driveway that goes from 0 to 200 in 6 seconds & IT BETTER BE THERE!" When she woke up, she looked out the window & sure enough there was a box in the middle of the driveway. She ran outside to open it & inside she found a brand new bathroom scale.Mike has been missing since Friday.....
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    LOL Barb :)

Nice to have you back Morgan :)

Good plan Kami :)

As for me, I too have been slacking and think I'm up around 10lbs this month....I can blame my vacation all I want, but the 2 ice creams daily and chips/cookies isn't helping at all!!!! Plus with the weather being SOOO humid, I can't get outside for my walks.

Enough pity party though.....glad you guys are all okay :)
  • Seafrost
    Seafrost Posts: 3
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am extremely new to this site, this is actually just my fourth day! I like the support system you have right here. I recently had a baby eight months ago and I feel like this weight isn't going to be easy to lose. I was very happy when just about everyone informed me that because I was/ still am nursing that I was going to lose weight like no ones business. I guess I haven't been doing it right or something. But I have struggled with my weight since I was a young girl.

Right now I am working part time so I can spend as much time as I can with my little guy. It's very hard I don't have a lot of friends here since I live in Chicago and I grew up in a suburb of Boston. So, unfortunately I don't get all the support I need. I get some from my boyfriend but guys don't understand how hard it is for women to lose weight, especially after having a baby.

As of right now, I am 5'4" and I'm at 235. So if anyone could help me out in anyway that would be great!

Good job everyone.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Nice to come on here and see so many new posts. Nice to hear how you all are doing and hear from you Morgan. I suspect that what you gained and Pam has is not going to be too hard to lose again. Glad things are settling down now and Congratulations for finishing Grad School. I remember when I lost my weight after Grad school. I have been doing well at exercise and keeping to my calorie goal and only have lost 1 net pound. Another is due soon or I will be figuring out why not. I am working too hard at this to be losing so slowly. I loved that story Barb. We need a new car and am afraid that is the only kind we can afford.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Hey everyone! I am extremely new to this site, this is actually just my fourth day! I like the support system you have right here. I recently had a baby eight months ago and I feel like this weight isn't going to be easy to lose. I was very happy when just about everyone informed me that because I was/ still am nursing that I was going to lose weight like no ones business. I guess I haven't been doing it right or something. But I have struggled with my weight since I was a young girl.

Right now I am working part time so I can spend as much time as I can with my little guy. It's very hard I don't have a lot of friends here since I live in Chicago and I grew up in a suburb of Boston. So, unfortunately I don't get all the support I need. I get some from my boyfriend but guys don't understand how hard it is for women to lose weight, especially after having a baby.

As of right now, I am 5'4" and I'm at 235. So if anyone could help me out in anyway that would be great!

Good job everyone.
    Oh Seafrost you must have been posting when I was. Welcome to our group. I will probably send a friend request or feel free to add me. All are welcome to join us. Yes for some nursing helps and for others it increases your appetite. I wish I had a tool like this after my pregnancies. I also know how it is to move and take a while to meet new friends. Sometimes it takes a year for people around you to start to make friends. They figure if you stick around that long you probably are going to stay and it is worth making friends. You might try using the search tool in the community boards for threads on nursing too. I had one pregnancy where I felt great and lost weight afterwards. However my next two were much harder and I couldn't eat much for the 1st 3-4 months so it ruined my metabolism. My second child was really clingy and it was hard to exercise. Then I needed to go back to work. I was so busy being a Mom and working full time. Later I had a monster commute so I haven't been successful till now. My baby is 17! So good for you starting now.
  • KeriA
    Options
    Seafrost: So in looking around it looks like you need to add nusing to your food diary. Looks as if you need an extra 300-500 calories. You probably know this. If you look right above the Topic title you will see Home, Recent Posts, My Topics, Signature and Search. Click on Search and type in nursing. You may find out some more about how things work on MFP for nursing.
  • Seafrost
    Seafrost Posts: 3
    Options
    Got the nursing tool, thank you! So I have so much calories and I feel like if I consume all these calories I won't lose anything....
  • KeriA
    Options
    Seafrost if you try it and you aren't losing you can adjust a little as long as you get the calories you need.
    I did Week 5 of C25K today which meant I 'ran" for 20 minutes. This morning the scale was down down but not a loss yet. This week is a bit different with the loss of my sweet step father and helping with my mother. I plan to continue to take care of myself though. Hope all are doing well.
  • peachElibrarian
    peachElibrarian Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome Seafrost!

Keri, way to go on your C25K progress! That is amazing.
    I am so sorry for you loss. I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

I've been doing well with sticking to my calories goals until til today. I'm a children's librarian and today at work we had 2 summer reading end parties. 1 for the kids at lunch that had sandwiches that I snacked on quite a bit, then another for teens at dinner that had a chick-fil-a party tray of nuggets (which might just be my favorite thing in world) and I completely lost count. It's had to say no to free food, especially when its so delicious. But I've decided not to beat myself up about it, tomorrow is a new day and I'll get back on track. And next week my big goal is to make sure I get back in the habit of working out. I've moved into an apartment complex that has its own gym, now I just need to make myself use it.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options

Good job everyone.

Seafrost... welcome to the group! I think you'll do fine... just stick with it! BTW I'm in Loves Park, IL, which is about an hour and a half from you :)

Keri- I'm so sorry for your loss... You'll be in my prayers.
    Change of subject: I FINALLY BROKE THROUGH MY PLATEAU!!!!! I also broke the HALFWAY POINT!!! I'm SO EXCITED!!!!

I'm coming up on being an MFP'er for a full year as well. I've never missed a day logging in. I'm very. very proud of myself. Now it's time to get that next 65 lbs off!
  • fitterpam
    Options
    So much for my stride....after my last weighin, my next weigh in was 7.1lbs up!!! I think it wajust the shock to kick me back into gear!

2011 SW: 241.8

Week 23: 231.5 lbs (-0.5lbs)
    Week 24: No Weigh In
    Week 25: No Weigh In
    Week 26: No Weigh In
    Week 27: 233.2 lbs (+1.7lbs)
    Week 28: 240.3 lbs
    Week 29: 238.1 lbs (-2.2 lbs)
  • KeriA
    Options
    Kami,
    So glad you broke through your plateau and past up your half way mark that is an achievement to celebrate and be proud of. Pam you will be down soon. I am considering upping my calories tomorrow if I still don't see a loss by tomorrow.
    Keri
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    I failed 2 of my summer challenges, I didn't reach the goals, but I am more motivated that I was before. This month both hubby and I have agreed to have some new goals and get more motivated. More than ever am I ready! I didn't lose my 10 lbs I was hoping for in July, so I am hoping to lose 5 lbs this month (I'm cutting my goal is half and see what happens). I have also decided to have daily goals, to help keep me motivated, here are my goals for today:

Fitness goals:
    1. Bike ride (weather permitting)
    2. Ab circle Pro
    3. Drink 8 glasses of water (I can usually get 6 in, that last one, kills me)

Non-Fitness Goals:
    1. Keep hubby motivated
    2. Organize the living area
    3. Get laundry put away

Hubby and Mine's August goals:
    1. Stay away from the fast food as much as possible
    2. Exercise at least once a day
    3. Drink more water and stay away from the soda as much as possible
    4.Help keep each other motivated

Will try to check in later tonight. Have a great day everyone! Don't forget to drink that water!! :drinker:
  • KeriA
    Options
    Great Goals Barb, Happy August Everyone.
    I lost another half pound this morning. So that makes a half pound every 2 weeks. I do want to lose slowly but a little less slowly like how about a pound a week? I failed at two of my challenges last month too but I have another one that ends September 1st. I am behind on it. However I have bee doing well on my summer goals. I am exercising almost everyday for an hour or more. Today I went to Zumba and when the instructor left early to cover the aquafit class I did too so that I had more than an hour an a half of exercise this morning. I have improved my water intake. I have also been better at making healthy dinners at home. I haven't planned my meals for the week like I have been all summer because last week my sweet step father died. Today is one service and next week the Memorial service. I am hoping to get back to eating meals at home after today. Last night was the first all week we ate at home.
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Here's another one, lol.

A wife asked her husband to describe her. He looked at her, then said, "You're A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, J, K". She asks, "What does that mean"? He said, "Adorable, Beautiful, Cute, Delightful, Elegant, Foxy, Gorgeous, Hot". She smiled and said, "Oh, that's sweet, but what about 'I, J, K' "? He said, "I'm Just Kidding' ". His eye is still swollen, but it will get better ... Repost if you LOL (like I did)
  • fitterpam
    Options
    2011 SW: 241.8

Week 23: 231.5 lbs (-0.5lbs)
    Week 24: No Weigh In
    Week 25: No Weigh In
    Week 26: No Weigh In
    Week 27: 233.2 lbs (+1.7lbs)
    Week 28: 240.3 lbs
    Week 29: 238.1 lbs (-2.2 lbs)
    Week 30: 237.9 lbs (-0.2 lbs)

But in my defense today, specifically, since just before dinner last night, I blew up like a balloon. Not too sure why that is, but I was bloaty uncomfortable crampy all evening and I woke up and it's still there. Going to drink gallons of water and see if that helps clear it up :) I think this definitely contributed to the lackluster loss. Hopefully next week will be better. The following sure won't (it'll be TOM)....that's right, my doctor says I can officially say that the loss I've had so far means that I can officially guess when my cycle is going to start!!! Even if that's just a little win (well not so little for me), that's something to be proud of!!!
  • bluerose9483
    Options
    Alright friends I need your help....as most of you know, my hubby is a third shift trucker, we were both wondering, when he is at work, he has to walk around his truck to inspect and move a 3,000 lb converter up to his trailer and truck (usually moves it at least 5 times) should he log that as his exercise for the day and how so?