What foods do you like but others hate?

Options

Replies

• WanderingRivers
    WanderingRivers Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Black licorice, preferably imported from Germany or The Netherlands. Salmiak Pastillen if you want to be precise.
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I like plain soft tofu. No marinade or seasoning.

I had a friend in high school who loved triple salt liquorice. That stuff is nasty :s
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I love dill pickle potato chips
  • bruby28
    bruby28 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    I love dill pickle potato chips

Who doesn't ?
  • bruby28
    Options
    Pineapple pizza
  • theresa961
    theresa961 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Brussels sprouts and Lima beans
  • bruby28
    Options
    Salted grilled watermelon with cilantro
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,130 Member
    Options
    bruby28 wrote: »

I've never had that, but oh, man, does it ever sound *good*!
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Pickle juice. Especially when I'm hungover.

Actually - the hangover thing. I find that most people need bland, non-offensive food when they have a hangover, I'm the opposite. I need the hottest, spiciest, most sour/vinergary food I can get my hands on.
  • bruby28
    Options
    AnnPT77 wrote: »

I've never had that, but oh, man, does it ever sound *good*!

It's amazing , try it ! I use pink sea salt so good
  • bruby28
    Options

Actually - the hangover thing. I find that most people need bland, non-offensive food when they have a hangover, I'm the opposite. I need the hottest, spiciest, most sour/vinergary food I can get my hands on.

I'm the same way ! Why is that ? I want jack in the box , nachos , hot cheetos when I'm hungover
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter cheddar cheese bacon sandwiches

Oh, I'm def going to try this.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options

Grilled watermelon seems to be an "in" food right now.
  • Loug1983
    Loug1983 Posts: 89 Member
    Options

I cannot stand cooked mushrooms (raw is fine, but I have to fancy them)

I have never come across anyone who shares my opinion on this, I quite enjoy raw mushroom, but cannot stand it cooked, everyone I know thinks I'm weird for even eating it raw, but that's the only way I will eat it!

Another food I eat raw that others don't is potato, I always have a little nibble whenever I'm cooking them, again people think I'm weird for this, I think they just haven't tried it.

And finally, I love Parma Violets (they're a type of candy/sweet for anyone unfamiliar with them) they are beautiful, but most people hate them.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options

I just bought pickle popsicles on Amazon! They've got a little 'bite' to the flavor, and I couldn't finish one. Nothing is better than a couple swigs of pickle juice after a hard workout in the summer, though, so I probably need to try them again after a run.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I like coconut cake and other things with coconut. My wife hates coconut, so no coconut for me.

Aww I hope she at least makes you a coconut cake for your birthday. :flowerforyou:

My dad was the only one in the family that liked coconut, I made him coconut cupcakes for father's day and his birthday every year. Helped with my love of baking...I could bake and have zero desire to eat the final product.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »

I just bought pickle popsicles on Amazon! They've got a little 'bite' to the flavor, and I couldn't finish one. Nothing is better than a couple swigs of pickle juice after a hard workout in the summer, though, so I probably need to try them again after a run.

Word. I made pickle juice popsicles for my son's Little League team last season and they LOVED them.
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    I like a lot of things that have been listed here - liver, especially chicken livers, burned hot dogs and Brussel sprouts. There were a couple restaurants I went to as a kid that served chicken livers. I would order them and the waitresses would always look at my parents and make sure I really wanted that.

The weird combination that my family did was grape jelly mixed into cottage cheese. When I did that for the first time outside of the home when away at college, I got some very weird looks.
  • SoleTrainer60
    SoleTrainer60 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I know this might sound gross, but I love fried groundhog. :)
  • AshlieA96
    AshlieA96 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Canned peas, green olives,