What are you practicing to be better at?

Options

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Jackknife on a stability ball. Even the modified (knees on ball instead of shins) is too challenging at the moment. But hopefully tomorrow will be a little better.
  • theritestuff
    theritestuff Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Meditation
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    fjmartini wrote: »
    Okiludy wrote: »
    Bench - want to hit reps with 4 plates total (225lbs), currently at 165lbs
    Squat - want to hit reps with 6 plates total (315lbs), currently at 270lbs
    Deadlift - want to hit reps with 8 plates total (405lbs), currently at 340lbs

This may take me months but they are all achievable.

Google working with chains on the bar. The idea behind it is you can increase resistance at the top of the lift and keep it the same at the bottom.

Thanks I just might. I saw this on some Westside videos but didn't understand why. Kind of makes sense.
  • jayemes
    jayemes Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Push ups. My legs are fairly strong but my upper body has always been lacking. I dream of doing a pull up. Gotta start somewhere......
  • texteach66
    texteach66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Swimming - just started this summer. I've improved but looking for continued improvement in number of laps before I need a break.
  • Motherofship
    Motherofship Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Current gym practices: climbing and dancing
    Out of the gym: needlepoint B)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    Cycling faster over long distances.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,878 Member
    Options
    ryenday wrote: »
    I purchased a bike about two weeks ago. I had not ridden bike in previous three decades. I'm really struggling on it. My first mini goal of riding to and from pool almost completed today - but I had to walk the last two uphill blocks to my house.
    I want to go for 5 to 10 mile rides with ease - Hoping to be able to do that by November when the weather and fall beauty will really make the rides so worthwhile.

Just keep working at it.

My first ride, when I got back into it 27 years ago, was 2 miles, and I had to stop and take a break after the first mile. That was April 29, 1990. By the end of that summer, I had ridden a 50-mile ride. :)
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Just keep working at it.

My first ride, when I got back into it 27 years ago, was 2 miles, and I had to stop and take a break after the first mile. That was April 29, 1990. By the end of that summer, I had ridden a 50-mile ride. :)

Thanks! It is 1.6 miles to the gym where I swim, so that ride (to and from is 3.2 miles) I'm almost completing. I'm dead on my feet (well it is 90+ degrees outside so that isn't helping) and can't wait till that is a nice easy ride. But yea, I'm just gonna keep at it!
  • More2Life17
    More2Life17 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Using my time efficiently.
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    I'd like to get better at everything too. Taking golf lessons right now, and have been taking tennis lessons for years. I'm doing C25K for the umpteenth time, having been stopped by injury/strains each of the previous times. Trying to get faster on my bike too, want to be able to keep up with a group of friends who cycle regularly. I could go on.

Actually let me sneak in one more. I'm trying to get better at cramming in more vegetables.
  • Titanuim
    Titanuim Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    I am doing a hand balancing challenge this month so hopefully I am great at them by the end of the month.

Long term i want to get better on the aerial hoop so I can get to the point where I can perform in front of people. This a many hours of intentional practice exercise and realistically i might be too old, too inflexible and too shy to ever reach this goal but it is fun to try.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Remainder of the Summer and into Autumn - cycling is my focus, faster in general and improve my woeful performance on big hills in particular.

Autumn into Winter - bench press BW x 1.5
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    fjmartini wrote: »
    Okiludy wrote: »
    Bench - want to hit reps with 4 plates total (225lbs), currently at 165lbs
    Squat - want to hit reps with 6 plates total (315lbs), currently at 270lbs
    Deadlift - want to hit reps with 8 plates total (405lbs), currently at 340lbs

This may take me months but they are all achievable.

Google working with chains on the bar. The idea behind it is you can increase resistance at the top of the lift and keep it the same at the bottom.

Surely bands, not chains?