Please add me or accept my request! LOL
  • kt90gurl
    kt90gurl Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    This is me lol. Although i tend to eat healthy most of the time... *cough*
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I stock the Dove Mini Magnum ice cream bars. Would much rather spend my calories on those than Halo Top. Give me the real thing :smiley:
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Emily3907 wrote: »

Now....I should add a disclaimer....there are many that will say making "sun tea" is dangerous and there have been studies to prove that. I personally have been drinking tea like this since I was a very small child and never had an issue, but that doesn't mean the potential risk is moot.

Supposedly there are safe ways to make tea in the sun, but I have always done it the "old-fashioned" way. ;)

I'm now curious as to how on earth making tea from sun is dangerous? What's the principle behind that?

Using the typical "Sun Tea" method the water gets warm enough to steep tea, but not hot enough to kill potential harmful bacteria which can spend hours multiplying in an environment that bacteria like. I don't claim to know what level of danger this poses -- I'm sure it depends on the bacteria that take up residence -- but tea making in this manner is not safest practice.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    My family is Italian and we have a recipie for spaghetti sauce literally passed down from generations. I have been craving some but since I started keto pasta is a no-go and eating a bowl of sauce just seemed a bit silly. But I solved my problem by putting it on cauliflower rice! It was delicious. A little high in carbs but screw it.
  • MommaGem2017
    MommaGem2017 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    My family is Italian and we have a recipie for spaghetti sauce literally passed down from generations. I have been craving some but since I started keto pasta is a no-go and eating a bowl of sauce just seemed a bit silly. But I solved my problem by putting it on cauliflower rice! It was delicious. A little high in carbs but screw it.

I would put mine over roasted cauliflower chunks - YUMMY!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    Can I just say I had a fried chicken breast & honey biscuit for lunch @640cals with no regret :D

edited 640 not 690

Honestly 640 cal isn't THAT bad! Good on ya

• pkdragok
    pkdragok Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I ate a full chicken fajita pizza to myself because I wanted to (was within my limit but I regret nothing.
  • cmanitowabi
    cmanitowabi Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Had the most amazing-good-for-you-dinner tonight; a hot dog on a white bun with mustard, and relish with a side of salty potato chips and for dessert; a homemade banana cream pie...mmm sooo good AND i skipped the gym today
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    kenyonhaff wrote: »
    Emily3907 wrote: »

Now....I should add a disclaimer....there are many that will say making "sun tea" is dangerous and there have been studies to prove that. I personally have been drinking tea like this since I was a very small child and never had an issue, but that doesn't mean the potential risk is moot.

Supposedly there are safe ways to make tea in the sun, but I have always done it the "old-fashioned" way. ;)

I'm now curious as to how on earth making tea from sun is dangerous? What's the principle behind that?

Using the typical "Sun Tea" method the water gets warm enough to steep tea, but not hot enough to kill potential harmful bacteria which can spend hours multiplying in an environment that bacteria like. I don't claim to know what level of danger this poses -- I'm sure it depends on the bacteria that take up residence -- but tea making in this manner is not safest practice.

When I was a kid growing up in AZ every one made sun tea, especially in the summer. Then people were getting sick and realized how much bacteria was growing in the tea. And it is so hot here that the tea didn't have to sit out very long.
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Options
    [

When I was a kid growing up in AZ every one made sun tea, especially in the summer. Then people were getting sick and realized how much bacteria was growing in the tea. And it is so hot here that the tea didn't have to sit out very long.

Pfft. Just leave it out longer. Knowing AZ it will come to a full rolling boil after a while :D
  • LucasLean
    LucasLean Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    ^ That looks amazing. Now I'm really hungry.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I try to follow the 80/20 rule whereby 20% of my intake consists of treat foods such as cake, chocolate, cookies etc. I tend to eat the majority of these sorts of food on the weekend. I am still working my way back to my old eating style having been at sea for a couple of years, lol. I believe in sustainability. I am sure there are some who can spend the rest of their lives adhering to a natural diet, but it seems I am not one of them.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Can we replace the new "Woo" button with a "drool" button, instead?!? @Illy_Mooncat

Just got back from vacation where I ate like an unsupervised 6 year old. Cheese puffs, chocolate chip cookies, ice cream, cheeseburgers, tacos, spaghetti, slumgullion in a sourdough bread bowl... I went a little crazy. ;)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile, today is a religious fast for me and I'm not eating anything till around 9:30 tonight. So, just for tonight, it's going to be OMAD. Not sure what exactly, but it'll be good...
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Meanwhile, today is a religious fast for me and I'm not eating anything till around 9:30 tonight. So, just for tonight, it's going to be OMAD. Not sure what exactly, but it'll be good...

I always get to eat the BEST foods when breaking my fasts in Ramadan--fasting means lots and lots of calories to play with at night! ;) Although I don't think I could do it outside of religious reasons--I love food too much!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I know of people who have major post-fast meals at these times. I kind of grew up with 'nothing fancy, just eat something easy on your system' and often 'start with cake'. I started with pudding and had a 4-egg omelet and oven-baked "fries and carrots".

And ketchup and vegan sour cream... a little less sparingly than usual.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    I know of people who have major post-fast meals at these times. I kind of grew up with 'nothing fancy, just eat something easy on your system' and often 'start with cake'. I started with pudding and had a 4-egg omelet and oven-baked "fries and carrots".

And ketchup and vegan sour cream... a little less sparingly than usual.

Yeah, I know people who full-out gorge after breaking their fasts. I can't approve of it because I feel like it takes away from the true meaning of the fast. I eat a regular-sized meal after starting with 5 dates and a glass of water (this is the recommendation for the Muslim religious fast), but I always plan the types of foods that I have a really hard time shoving into my calories at any other time! ;) (Like lasagna! Mmmm.)

Your fast-break meal sounds tasty! :) Do you have any particular name for that meal? We call it "iftar".

Oh, and to avoid a de-rail:
    I had the most delicious meal today, that I'm sure a lot of clean eating fanatics would faint in horror over, considering the amount of "white foods" (that's still a thing, right?) that it contained, not to mention the fact that I dared to use chicken thighs instead of breast! ;)

I made a nice, thick sauce with flour, milk, potatoes, and chicken thighs. I added cauliflower and mushrooms (hey look, they're white too!) and ate it over a nice big plate of white rice (gasp!). I'm still drooling over the fact that I get to eat the leftovers tomorrow!