What was your point of disgust?

Replies

• Coffeencrochet
    Coffeencrochet Posts: 7 Member
    This just happened to me.
    I went to the doctor fearing I was developing a food allergy. The doctor didn't ask me any questions, didn't offer to do any test. Just told me I was over eating.
    I told he what I ate that day that I had the reaction. He suggested I count my calories because I'm probably eating 1000 calories more then I thought. Then suggested working out, and going to a dietitian.
    I told him I don't seem to have this reaction on days I don't eat this item. So if it's a case of me over eating wouldn't it happen no matter what I was eating.
    He offered to do a test to see about a thyroid or if I was diabetic or something that would cause my weight.
    But nothing for the food allergy. This doctor by the way was fatter then me.
    I was hurt and up set, I almost want to start purging. Because I really don't eat that much. Yes I know I don't work out regularly. I know I could make more meals from home. But I'm 5"7 at 220 lbs wearing size xl and size 14 pants. I know I'm fat. But I'm not so fat that I would think a doctor would assume I binge eat.
    So I'm gonna workout and keep track of my calories. I know I can loose the weight.
  • Carriebear174
    Carriebear174 Posts: 50 Member
    When my husband stood on the scale and was 10lbs lighter and i gained it, dam skinny jeans cant even get them over my ankles. Time for a change.
  • Spiegelchan
    Spiegelchan Posts: 78 Member
    When I was four? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    I've been fat my whole life, and disgusted with it for almost the same amount of time.
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    When i looked at pictures of myself at my son's 1st bday and a baby shower the weekend after. Some on the pictures in the black dress on my profile picture.... I was getting married 3 months later and realized I'd want no pictures of myself which is practically impossible!
    So i lost 26lbs since and plan to lose more!
  • kittyroseb
    kittyroseb Posts: 37 Member
    Meant to say my boyfriend was supportive :)
  • newlark01
    newlark01 Posts: 474 Member
    For me hitting 13 stone (182lbs) was the tipping point - had been unhappy with clothes being too tight and looking pregnant even though my youngest is 8 but hitting that new high on the scales was the trigger to do something.
  • chunkytum
    chunkytum Posts: 7 Member
    elsoxmb wrote: »
    A guy I really liked told me to stop eating. It hurt me so bad that I said enough. I'm going to show the world who I really am.

Me too >:)

• brentleyann1
    brentleyann1 Posts: 37 Member
    I went to a baseball game with my husband, kids, and his friend and I couldn't keep up. We had to jog to get to the game on time and I felt like I was going to pass out. I lied and told them the city air was killing me but really it was being fat. The next day we went around town and was equally bad. I felt like I had played a basketball game by the time I got home. I knew I needed to change. I was so embarrassed that I was trying to hide sweating and panting while everyone else was fine.

I had been on bedrest while pregnant and gained and then was too scared to diet because I didn't want to lose milk because I was breastfeeding. My son still does morning and night but I don't mind now if we had to stop because he can just drink cow milk. I also noticed things like having a stomach that I never had and my arms are usually pretty muscular with living on a farm but they are chunky now.
  • AudreyJDuke
    AudreyJDuke Posts: 1,092 Member
    Seeing old pictures!
  • proudmomma86
    proudmomma86 Posts: 48 Member
    I went to a baseball game with my husband, kids, and his friend and I couldn't keep up. We had to jog to get to the game on time and I felt like I was going to pass out. I lied and told them the city air was killing me but really it was being fat. The next day we went around town and was equally bad. I felt like I had played a basketball game by the time I got home. I knew I needed to change. I was so embarrassed that I was trying to hide sweating and panting while everyone else was fine.

I had been on bedrest while pregnant and gained and then was too scared to diet because I didn't want to lose milk because I was breastfeeding. My son still does morning and night but I don't mind now if we had to stop because he can just drink cow milk. I also noticed things like having a stomach that I never had and my arms are usually pretty muscular with living on a farm but they are chunky now.

I understand the nursing concern as i am tandem nursing my 2 yr old and 3 month old. So i set the the app to loose 1lb a week and im including my nursing in the app so i get more calories. So far my milk is just fine (its only been a week and a half since i started). And ive lost 4lbs (i know water weight but its a start)!
  • Polo265
    Polo265 Posts: 287 Member
    I started to weigh more and more and when my clothes didn't fit me, had to purchase larger sizes. Although I was disgusted, it still wasn't enough to motivate me. When I had to buy even larger sizes because I outgrew the previously larger sizes, I became really disgusted. When my coat didn't even fit - that was it! I went from a size 4-6 to size 14 in 10 months. (118 to 158)
  • bhurley100
    bhurley100 Posts: 201 Member
    When I was struggling in my pole fitness class. My belly fat hung over my shorts and I was unable to lift my weight to climb.
  • AlphaWolfMama
    AlphaWolfMama Posts: 2 Member
    Was in a Dennys and ordered a veggie skillet. Overheard the server tell the cook that the "pig at table nine is asking for extra veggies, like it's doing her any good". Normally I wouldn't get upset, but something just snapped. Just tired of being reminded about my weight.
  • stvmrtn
    stvmrtn Posts: 32 Member
    Seeing my 5XL shirts are even starting to become tight on me. Sering photos of myself compared to 3 years ago when I was doing really well. Not being able to fit in the seats at a sporting events or the movie theaters.