Lean By Labor Day Challenge (*CLOSED GROUP*)

Options

Replies

• babydbones
    babydbones Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thrusday points
    food- 1
    sleep- 1
    water-1
    exercise-3
    total 6
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Ashley - great work getting to the 40# down mark! What an accomplishment! As far as LE exercises, what about: bridges (laying on your back with knees bent & hands palms down on the floor along your sides, bridge your hips up for a beat, lower down. Or, Straight leg raises (lay on your back with one knee bent, one leg out straight, raise and lower the straight leg until thigh parallel to the bent one)...or toe raises (standing raise up onto your toes then lower body back down).

Karen - sounds like a lot of stress. Hopefully the healthy eating & exercise is helping to manage it. I hope it begins to level out for your sake & the kids.

Robin - love your goal to get healthy & active!

Phyllis - What a great incentive your employer offered! Great work for you fighting to get your weight & fitness back in your control.

Becca - I did a winery trip this fall, and it was so hard to calculate everything! Thankfully each day comes with a clean slate :)

Deanna - great points for today!

So - I've been fitting some squats in today, got in an early AM walk, then a lunchtime one. Getting up early this morning must have clouded my brain, b/c I didn't really bring enough to eat for lunch/snacks. So, I had a package of graham crackers in my drawer & I've had 3 servings! I'm still well in my calorie range, but it's going to be a bigger carb day than usual. I really need to fill my desk with some better options.

Really hoping I can break out of the 200's for our Monday weigh in. I have a weekend filled with temptation as I have my cousin's wedding tomorrow and a picnic sure to be riddled with snacks & desserts on Sunday. I will triumph though!!!

Hugs,
    Amy :0)
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Ashley - great work getting to the 40# down mark! What an accomplishment! As far as LE exercises, what about: bridges (laying on your back with knees bent & hands palms down on the floor along your sides, bridge your hips up for a beat, lower down. Or, Straight leg raises (lay on your back with one knee bent, one leg out straight, raise and lower the straight leg until thigh parallel to the bent one)...or toe raises (standing raise up onto your toes then lower body back down).

I'll do the leg raises....bridge wouldn't be good either. I have 2 degenerated discs in my back. I have to talk to my doctor about that when I go on the 2nd for my diabetes appointment, because it is really starting to affect me, especially when I am trying to exercise. :(
  • Kell888
    Kell888 Posts: 51
    Options
    Amy, hope you can break the 200 mark. No better inspiration to refrain this weeken then that...remember you can still have fun minus the food!
  • indigoangel86
    Options
    Friday points:

Water - 1
    Food - 1
    Exercise - 8
    Sleep - 1

Total - 11

I walked 6 miles and climbed a set of 300 stairs up from the beach!
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    GOOD LUCK AMY!!!!!......

FRIDAY POINTS:

exercise 4.5
    sleep 1
    water 1
    log 1

total 7.5
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I earned 41.5 points last week.

My plan for the week:
    Monday: walking 65 minutes at 5 mph complete
    6 points
    Tuesday: jogging 65 minutes at 6 mph 15 minutes strength complete
    6.5 points
    Wednesday: walk 65 minutes at 5 mph complete
    6 points
    Thursday: jogging 65 minutes at 6 mph 15 minutes strength complete
    6 points
    Friday: walking 65 minutes at 5 mph complete!
    6 points
    Saturday: I'm picking up my daughter so I don't know what I can fit in
    Sunday: jogging 65 minutes at 6 mph 20 minutes strength
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Points today:
    Exercise: 1
    Log: 1
    Water: 1
    Sleep: 1

Total: 4 points

Total points week 1: 34
    Total points week 2: 25
    Total points overall: 59

Squat challenge... I did 20, plus all of the stuff in 30DS. It's a lot!

Amy, I hope you break 200 on Monday! I'm hoping TOM won't affect my weight too much. He's right around the corner.

I was supposed to swim yesterday, according to my plan, but weather did not allow. I was supposed to run today, according to my plan, but party preparations did not allow. So I'm going on my run first thing in the morning before party prep, then partying, maybe swimming (it's a pool party... I dunno how I feel about being in my bathing suit in front of EVERYONE), and then Shred after the party.
  • ashleymariec89
    ashleymariec89 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Amy!!!!!!

Friday points:

sleep 1
    water 1
    exercise 6.5
    diary 1

daily total 9.5

weekly total 42.5

75 leg raises completed

Look at that ticker :) another pound!
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Friday points:

Water - 1
    Food - 1
    Exercise - 3.5
    Sleep - 1

Finished the day be completing a total of 117 squats!
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Did a 2 mile walk today with my weight loss support group. Then jog 4 miles as part of my training for the half marathon taking place in mid October. Just completed taking a prep course for the American Council on Exercise. My goal is to become a certified personal trainer and help others reach their fitness goals. I understand the exam is very tough and I need 3 to 6 months to prepare. In the meantime I will continue to improve my fitness and hopefully inspire others that being over 40 is not a death sentence but a new beginning.

• babydbones
    Options
    I just have to share...I'm so proud of myself!! I hit the tredmill today! I have had a fear of that thing for years now cuz it would always KILL my feet. WELL, I did it for 12 minutes after I did the elliptical. I'm so proud of myself for conquering a fear of mine! And it didn't bother my feet till the end when i stopped jogging on it. So, proud of myself! i think i'll do that from now on, just try a little bit after the elliptical or whatever!! Anyway, thanks for letting me share!!
  • becca0211
    becca0211 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Friday Points:

Sleep-1
    Exercise -0
    Water-1
    Food-1

Total - 3

Weekly Total - 27
  • indigoangel86
    Options
    Saturday points:

Water - 1
    Food - 1
    Exercise - 6
    Sleep - 1

Total - 9
  • Pam3
    Pam3 Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    SATURDAY POINTS:

exercise 6
    sleep 1
    water 1
    log 1

total 9
  • cklbrown
    cklbrown Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I earned 41.5 points last week.

My plan for the week:
    Monday: walking 65 minutes at 5 mph complete
    6 points
    Tuesday: jogging 65 minutes at 6 mph 15 minutes strength complete
    6.5 points
    Wednesday: walk 65 minutes at 5 mph complete
    6 points
    Thursday: jogging 65 minutes at 6 mph 15 minutes strength complete
    6 points
    Friday: walking 65 minutes at 5 mph complete!
    6 points
    Saturday: I'm picking up my daughter so I don't know what I can fit in. I did 25 minutes.
    3 points
    Sunday: jogging 65 minutes at 6 mph 20 minutes strength
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Today was a loooong day, and I resisted all of my worst triggers that I put in front of myself!!! (I can't not let my child not have something on his birthday). So, no gummy candy, no birthday cake, no ice cream, no rice krispy treats, only 8 ounces of lemonade (I had lemonade in pint-sized mason jars in a cooler), and went inside and got myself a banana at one point because I was hungry.

Got my run in before the party, got my Shred in after company left at 9:30 PM! I feel very dedicated right now! LOL!

Saturday points:
    Log: 1
    Water: 1
    Sleep: 1
    Exercise: 2.5

Total: 5.5

Total points week 1: 34
    Total points week 2: 30.5
    Total points overall: 59
  • babydbones
    Options
    Friday Points
    Food-1
    Water-1
    Exercise-0
    Sleep-1
    Total 3points
  • AmyByExample
    AmyByExample Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi All. Boy am I pooped! We were up at 6:30 so we could be on the field for DS soccer game @ 7:30. All 3 kids in my cousin's outdoor wedding - danced for hours...

Logged my food in, I'm heading to bed! Hugs, Amy
  • RubyRed1999
    RubyRed1999 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have been on vacation this week. Got back home late last night. So that has kept me busy and I didn't get in the mini challenges. I did a lot of walking, swimming, and I brought along 30DS. My weight loss journey started the end of April. I was on Facebook and had been seeing posts from a friend about MFP. I went over and checked it out. I signed up to see what it was all about. I had no plans of losing weight at the time, even though I had been very unhappy with the way I looked. The first day of tracking what I ate is what did it for me. I had been putting on weight slowly and I noticed that each month my clothes got tighter and tighter. On that first day I saw that my problem was to many calories. I didn't even log in one day of my regular diet because the numbers where in my face in black and white and I didn't eat as much because I didn't want to go over the calorie goal it set for me. I would have to say that since I have lost some weight I feel a lot better about myself. I don't feel as helpless as I did because I lost this weight no one else did it for me. I am more active and I like seeing the changes in my body. I have lost 21 pounds to date and my weigh in is in the morning so I just hope the vacation didn't cause me to gain. Even if I do gain a little I want be upset because I had a great time with my family and we got to see a lot of great things.
    Points this week-
    Mon. 6
    Tue. 7
    Wed. 4
    Thu. 3
    Fri. 9
    Sat. 4