how much carbs is too much carbs? - dietary help

Options
how much is too much carbs for someone who is trying to lose about 2 pounds a week and exercises three times a week? i'm just getting started on my weight loss journey for the second time bc the first time i lost about a stone but it too longer than necessary because i just didn't know how much to eat and what to eat. i think last time it took so long is because i wasn't eating enough. please help because i don't want to make the same mistakes this time. the image i attached was my marcos for yesterday wqvmusk4bfql.png

Replies

• goodtroyes
    goodtroyes Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    pqn17v450ycd.png
    d86l7ioceutl.png
    this is what i ate yesterday i don't know if this would help. yesterday wasn't a very good day food wise
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    100% carbs is too much carbs.
    Your body needs proteins and fat to function properly. I don't remember the exact goverment recomendation for each but about 20% of each is probably about right.

This is for health only. Nothing to do with weight loss.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Hey, you had an egg and some chicken. That's protein.

Do you have a thing about toasties?
  • JustAnotherOneOfThoseGirls
    Options
    as a general rule of thumb, you focus on protein and fat first, (eat at least 1g of protein per kg of body weight, and start at around 30% fat - these can be increased if you feel you get more satisfaction and fullness from protein and fat) then simply fill in the rest with carbs, it's nothing more complicated than that, unless you're an elite athlete or bodybuilder
  • cs2thecox
    cs2thecox Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Get better entries.... Your egg only has calories. Your chicken doesn't state raw, cooked, skin on, type of meat etc. (breast wouldn't have 10g fat)

This.
    An egg clearly has protein in, but the entry you've picked doesn't have any macros for the egg at all.

And maybe switch to Warburtons 50/50 ;)
    But with your snack, did you REALLY have dry bread/toast, no spread or anything? Or was the banana mashed on? If you snuck a bit or marge in there, don't forget to log that too...
  • goodtroyes
    Options
    yeah yesterday wasn't my best day food wise and i didn't have any vegetables
  • goodtroyes
    Options
    cs2thecox wrote: »
    Get better entries.... Your egg only has calories. Your chicken doesn't state raw, cooked, skin on, type of meat etc. (breast wouldn't have 10g fat)

This.
    An egg clearly has protein in, but the entry you've picked doesn't have any macros for the egg at all.

And maybe switch to Warburtons 50/50 ;)
    But with your snack, did you REALLY have dry bread/toast, no spread or anything? Or was the banana mashed on? If you snuck a bit or marge in there, don't forget to log that too...

yeah i a the bread dry. it's a bad habit that i need to get out of