Options

Replies

• lorbor93
    lorbor93 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    lorbor93 wrote: »
    mmapags wrote: »
    Unless you are an athlete or fitness enthusiast, your carbs are very high. Calories in and out is important, but it's not everything. When your body consumes an excess amount of carbs, your glycogen tank is overflowing and triggering a spike in insulin. When you secrete too much insulin, your body goes into fat storing mode.

My advice, increase your fat and protein intake and lower your carbs. I'm 5'4, 122 lbs and train 3-4 times a week and I eat under 20g of NET carbs a day (Keto). I'm not suggesting you go keto, but if you aren't burning off that glycogen why are you eating so much of it?

Hope that helps, good luck :)

Lol, what?? Glycogen tank overflowing? Insulin spike? Fat storing mode? Not even. Because physiology. :D

Maybe your should research intelligently from credible sources before you claim something is nonsense.

Can you provide your sources please? I'm generally interested in seeing them.

Here is one published by Harvard that talks about high glycemic loads and the negative impact they have on the body.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/carbohydrates/carbohydrates-and-blood-sugar/
  • lorbor93
    lorbor93 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    In addition, some people are more insulin resistant than others. That's why some people can get away with eating higher amounts of carbs than others. This is why some people need to be under 20g net carbs to while others can be at 50g and still be in ketosis.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    In addition, some people are more insulin resistant than others. That's why some people can get away with eating higher amounts of carbs than others. This is why some people need to be under 20g net carbs to while others can be at 50g and still be in ketosis.

No argument there. What does that have to do with your assertions?