Options
    Trail runners in the house!

That's so trail...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIDKVeea9-I

:lol:
  • JimCrackinDandy
    JimCrackinDandy Posts: 146 Member
    Options

Yikes - I have 45 miles left and only 6 days left for my normal schedule of running. I may have set my goal a little high. Definitely should not have wimped out due to the rain on Aug 6 - but as many noted - I don't mind running in the rain - but it is hard to start out in a downpour. I should be able to get it all in as long as I don't have anymore excuses.

Sure starting out in a total downpour isn't what most of us would do either. Better to wait until the radar shows you're out of the bright red and yellow, I always say
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    7 miles this am. I should have skipped the tempo part of the run as I was feeling overworked from an agressive increase in mileage last week but did I? Of course not, I felt fine on the first easy mile, so three miles and 24 minutes of tempo shouldn't hurt. Right? WRONG! The 24 minutes at tempo seemed good until it was time to slow down and bring it home. It was then that my left knee began to protest its abuse. (dummy, you've been told, why don't you listen?) ok I'll just take it easy home. Not as simple as you would think as I am 3.5 miles from home and after the first easy mile I'm in enough pain to actually start walking and its not helping much. I make it home. Knee is ok but not great and I decide that tomorrow is a rest day and maybe Wednesday too. Did I learn my lesson? I hope so.

exercise.png

• BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    @orphia you truly are Wonder Woman! Can't wait to hear about your marathon.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    8/1: 7 miles of Track Tuesday
    8/2: 7.1 miles easy
    8/3: 8 miles "tempo run"
    8/3: 6.3 miles group run
    8/4: Rest day
    8/5: 6 miles
    8/6: 16 miles
    8/7: 6 miles group run + lift/strength
    8/8: 7 miles Track Tuesday
    8/9: 5 miles + lift/strength
    8/10: 6.8 miles
    8/10: 6.1 mile
    8/11: Rest day
    8/12: 6.4 miles
    8/13: 15.8 miles
    8/14: 3.2 miles

106.7 miles of 250 goal miles

Game of Thrones / Monday coffee / happy group run! I only did the 2nd loop because my heel is still a bit stiff from the weekend, but my HR stayed in moderate zone the whole time despite discussing/debating Game of Thrones the entire way. Good start to the week!

Upcoming Races:
    Oct 8: Steamtown Marathon
    Oct 22: Perfect 10 (10 Miler)
    Nov 5: Princeton Half Marathon (pacer)

• allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    8/1: 3.1
    8/3: 4.0
    8/5: 4.0
    8/8: 4.1
    8/10: 2.3
    8/12: 5.5
    8/14: 2.4

Total: 25.4/44

It was not raining yet this morning, and the forecast is still for rain every day for the next week, so I thought I'd get a short run in. At dawn, the path was still so dark and foggy and deserted that instead of going out to the overpass and back, I did a couple of very slow laps to the quarter mile mark and back.
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @Orphia LOVE THE OUTFIT!!! Wonder Woman has always been my favorite!
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    8/1 2.00 2.00
    8/2 Rest 2.00
    8/3 Bike 5 mi 2.00
    8/4 2.4 4.4
    8/5 Rest
    8/6 2.1 6.5
    8/7 Strength
    8/8 2.23 8.73
    8/9 Strength
    8/10 2.19 10.92
    8/13 2.41 13.33

Yesterday it rained in the morning so I went out a little later. Oh my the oppressive humidity. LOL. I was drenched in sweat by the time I made it back home. We had a small birthday celebration at my MIL's and had cake (Nothing Bundt Cake...ummmm) so I am glad that I got a run in. Today is PT with the new doc so I am sure that I will be sore tonight.

Hope everyone had a great weekend and has a great week!!!

• anitamistry1
    anitamistry1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    6 Aug 3.15 km (1.95m)
    8 Aug PT session
    9 Aug 3.71 km (2.30m)
    10 Aug PT session
    11 Aug rest day
    12 Aug 3.69 km (2.29m)
    13 Aug 5km (3.1m)
    14Aug PT session
    15Aug rest day

Goal
    15.55km/50km
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    JoannaDGN wrote: »
    Hi! Totally new here. I'd love to join with a 50-mile per month goal. Not exactly sure how this works but looking forward to being challenged! Just said goodbye to my Fitbit as they kept breaking and now have a Polar. Happy to connect with people there too!

Welcome! You've stumbled upon the best thread on MFP, with a ton of super helpful, knowledgeable, and supportive peeps here! There's a ticker you can post (instructions are in the very first post of the thread) or, if you're like me, and was never able to get the ticker working properly, you can choose to post your progress/miles/etc in whatever format pleases you!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    JoannaDGN wrote: »
    Hi! Totally new here. I'd love to join with a 50-mile per month goal. Not exactly sure how this works but looking forward to being challenged! Just said goodbye to my Fitbit as they kept breaking and now have a Polar. Happy to connect with people there too!

Welcome! We can get pretty talkative here, so hold on tight! :)
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @Orphia I love your Wonder Woman costume! So awesome!