August 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @ona1990 welcome to the best thread on all of MFP! (nope, not biased at all, lol) It's an awesome group, with tons of super knowledgeable, helpful, and supportive people!

Good luck with your goal!
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »

I am filling my info in. I am huge compared to y'all. Oh well. I'm here working on it and I guess that's all that matters.

Same, but these are our before/during; we're striving for our after numbers.

I added mine as best I could. I will need to check them all again as I realized at the end that I was reading the cm lines wrong lol.

I added mine too. I think it is important that we also keep in mind that some of us have reached our weight goals and some are still working on them and that our goals will all be different. It would be a boring chart if all the measurements were the same.
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 5,021 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom I'm glad I didn't see a coyote yesterday. The jack rabbit was pretty cool. I'm glad there was no one chasing him. Although I think he thought I was chasing him.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    kgirlhart wrote: »
    @skippygirlsmom I'm glad I didn't see a coyote yesterday. The jack rabbit was pretty cool. I'm glad there was no one chasing him. Although I think he thought I was chasing him.

@kgirlhart ha ha I'm sure he did think that
    @ehollander89 is that you your profile pix? Great picture
  • rusgolden
    rusgolden Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    August Goal - 80 Miles

8/01 - 2.9 - Short Hill Intervals w/ WU/CD
    8/02 - 3.0 - 8.51M/M, 147 AHR
    8/03 - 4.0 - 9.35 M/M, 143 AHR
    8/05 - 3.1 - 7:45 M/M, 148 AHR - 5K PR 24:02
    8/06 - 7.8 - 9:57 M/M, 145 AHR (supposed to be 7mi but route left me a mile+ away from home)
    8/08 - 4.0 - 9:43 M/M, 145 AHR (oops, thought today was long hill intervals, but was supposed to be regular intervals... so I did regular intervals uphill...smh...)

Total of 24.8 of 80
  • 5512bf
    5512bf Posts: 389 Member
    Options

So I had a visitor on my run today, a coyote. He came out of the woods right in front of me, went ooops and ran back into the woods. Then when I was coming back up the street he darted in front of me about 50 feet in front across the street, I think he had a rabbit in his sights. I live in a real neighborhood development so I was surprised to see him though coyotes themselves are not unusual around us.

I kinda live on the outskirts of town in a new housing development. Every morning I get out before sunrise you can hear them in some of the grass fields just to the east of us. Like you, I only see them every now and again but they always startle me when they dart out between the tree lines.
  • MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom your coyote reminded me. When I was driving back to the main road after my run, I saw a fox just sitting on the side of the road watching the traffic go by.
  • EHollander89
    EHollander89 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    [quote=
    @ehollander89 is that you your profile pix? Great picture[/quote]

@skippygirlsmom Yep! Thanks :blush:
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    Question for the ladies on the measurement chart . . . when you measure waist, do you measure at the naval or at the smallest point? I saw on that other spreadsheet @Elise4270 linked to, it requested the minimum measurement. Mine are quite different . . . hmmm . . . I'd love to start using the smaller number.
  • shanaber
    shanaber Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I'm on it.. Thanks

I found this file an thought to share it as an experiment or if it was useful for anyone. Its fancy. Im not sure i know how to duplicate this type of work, but i'm sure as a group effort we can come close or better.

Its a weight loss calculator written by an MFP user. You may have already seen it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HexzLl6AcDK4tJRg8C_5KPcAerfQfR-yDVwyfuWnU14/edit?usp=sharing

Aw kitten! I accidentally deleted this file!

Ok got it back....

I am filling my info in. I am huge compared to y'all. Oh well. I'm here working on it and I guess that's all that matters.

Well, let's not compare to closely. I'm writhing with guilt of not going to the gym after seeing others measurements. I'm hoping we can use this in a way to track progress. Maybe add a line below our original measurements as they change?

Last thing we want to do is create anxiety, guilt or make someone uncomfortable with the table. I see some folks out running that are heavy, and they kick my *kitten*. We are genetically different- embrace it!

I was looking to add some well know names for reference, but have yet to find a lot on runners. I'll keep looking.
    I actually like the comparison. It gives me things to look forward too. I have already lost 30 lbs and tons of inches so I know I'm on the right path. I am sure others have been where I'm at and I've only been running again for 1.5 months.

Thank you for putting this together!!!!

I find it fascinating as well... It made me pull out my old tracking books (when I started my weight loss journey 7 years ago I tracked my workouts and weekly measurements in notebooks I kept in the bathroom with my tape measure). It is interesting that when I was at the same weight I am now, my measurements were almost exactly the same, except for my calves (1/2 inch bigger) and thighs (1 inch smaller). I am also not as interested in the weight number, although it is important and I certainly want to get back to my goal weight, I am much more interested in lowering my body fat percentage which will also result in my weight coming down some. I just need to figure out how exactly to do that. I see the nutritionist again tomorrow for another measurement and will be asking that question.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Question for the ladies on the measurement chart . . . when you measure waist, do you measure at the naval or at the smallest point? I saw on that other spreadsheet @Elise4270 linked to, it requested the minimum measurement. Mine are quite different . . . hmmm . . . I'd love to start using the smaller number.

I was told the smallest part of your waist is your waist..... But, for me that ends up being bra line!!! I tend to grab an inch or so above naval. I think being consistent is the key so you know where you are comparing.