August 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PinkamenaD8
    PinkamenaD8 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    The amount of messages ITT is massive, is this the most active thread on the forums?

Almost 1/4 of my goal. :)

exercise.png

• Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    @shrcpr It's my whole mission in life to find decent running bottoms in stock with phone and key pockets!

My wife uses a Roo pouch that we bought at the 1/2 marathon expo. It seems to work really well for her: http://theroosport.com/

Bookmarked! Though I prefer to use as little gear as possible, so that's why I go for bottoms that include pockets.

Love that sparkle skirts item! Not a pink person, but man, those pockets are brilliant!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    @Elise4270 Thanks for the spreadsheet! Added myself!
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    8.6 easy mostly zone 1 recovery miles

exercise.png

• seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    @PastorVincent I'm on it.. Thanks

I found this file an thought to share it as an experiment or if it was useful for anyone. Its fancy. Im not sure i know how to duplicate this type of work, but i'm sure as a group effort we can come close or better.

Its a weight loss calculator written by an MFP user. You may have already seen it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HexzLl6AcDK4tJRg8C_5KPcAerfQfR-yDVwyfuWnU14/edit?usp=sharing

Aw kitten! I accidentally deleted this file!

Ok got it back....

I am filling my info in. I am huge compared to y'all. Oh well. I'm here working on it and I guess that's all that matters.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    8/1: 3.1
    8/3: 4.0
    8/5: 4.0
    8/8: 4.1

Total: 15.2/44

I apparently didn't put my headphones back in the car after charging them over the weekend. But there's no going back, so I just turned the phone volume up and hoped for the best. The trail parallels a 75mph highway, so I mostly had subliminal metronome, but it worked tolerably well.
  • RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »

I am filling my info in. I am huge compared to y'all. Oh well. I'm here working on it and I guess that's all that matters.

Same, but these are our before/during; we're striving for our after numbers.

I added mine as best I could. I will need to check them all again as I realized at the end that I was reading the cm lines wrong lol.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

I found this file an thought to share it as an experiment or if it was useful for anyone. Its fancy. Im not sure i know how to duplicate this type of work, but i'm sure as a group effort we can come close or better.

Its a weight loss calculator written by an MFP user. You may have already seen it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HexzLl6AcDK4tJRg8C_5KPcAerfQfR-yDVwyfuWnU14/edit?usp=sharing

Ok got it back....

Well, let's not compare to closely. I'm writhing with guilt of not going to the gym after seeing others measurements. I'm hoping we can use this in a way to track progress. Maybe add a line below our original measurements as they change?

Last thing we want to do is create anxiety, guilt or make someone uncomfortable with the table. I see some folks out running that are heavy, and they kick my *kitten*. We are genetically different- embrace it!

I was looking to add some well know names for reference, but have yet to find a lot on runners. I'll keep looking.

this is exactly how I was thinking this could be used - I was considering adding a column for Race PR records and targets

It would certainly be interesting to see how elites compared - personally I'm not about skinny, I want my body to show the results of my pains!!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

Ok got it back....

Well, let's not compare to closely. I'm writhing with guilt of not going to the gym after seeing others measurements. I'm hoping we can use this in a way to track progress. Maybe add a line below our original measurements as they change?

Last thing we want to do is create anxiety, guilt or make someone uncomfortable with the table. I see some folks out running that are heavy, and they kick my *kitten*. We are genetically different- embrace it!

I was looking to add some well know names for reference, but have yet to find a lot on runners. I'll keep looking.

Honestly, I'm finding this chart fascinating, as it is really illustrating how we are ALL different. I'm seeing people of the same weight but vastly different measurements, or similar measurements but different heights. Each person has their own proportions, frame size, ideal weight, etc. I look at Elise, who is the same height as me, but almost 25lbs lighter than me, and it really emphasizes how we all should only be concerned with what is best for ourselves. While I am jealous of that weight in terms of racing, lol, I don't think I've been that weight since I was in middle school maybe?? And I'm pretty sure I would not look healthy at that weight. Although man, could I improve my race times.... :D

And @Orphia , even though we're not the same height we seem to be measurement twins in a bunch of other areas, lol.
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    Options
    I may have to try that Roo pouch. Right now I use a belt for my items and I've been having issues with it riding up on me. Plus I always think I look like an idiot wearing a fanny pack.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options

Ok got it back....

Honestly, I'm finding this chart fascinating, as it is really illustrating how we are ALL different. I'm seeing people of the same weight but vastly different measurements, or similar measurements but different heights. Each person has their own proportions, frame size, ideal weight, etc. I look at Elise, who is the same height as me, but almost 25lbs lighter than me, and it really emphasizes how we all should only be concerned with what is best for ourselves. While I am jealous of that weight in terms of racing, lol, I don't think I've been that weight since I was in middle school maybe?? And I'm pretty sure I would not look healthy at that weight. Although man, could I improve my race times.... :D

And @Orphia , even though we're not the same height we seem to be measurement twins in a bunch of other areas, lol.

Ya, I seriously need to be adding some muscle before I'm 80 years old.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

Ok got it back....

Ya, I seriously need to be adding some muscle before I'm 80 years old.

The struggle is real. Where to find time for weight lifting with all the running going on :|