August 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    I... am...waiting...... To ... Go...... Run......waiting.. it's getting hotter and hotter. I'm getting anxious. Waiting.

Waiting at Verizon store. I thought today might be the 10. Maybe tomorrow- it's supposed to rain.

ETA Soo, NEWBIES. HOW ARE ALL YALL DOING?

Newbie here!! Great! I had a run yesterday and my new watch had me pretty slow I thought, but when I looked at the split run/walks it had the run at just under 11:00 min mile. Dang!!! I was pretty excited about that.

YAY! Nothing like progress! Way to go!!
  • Elise4270
    edited August 2017
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    girlinahat wrote: »
    Google docs? With a screenshot?
    If you want an excel worksheet, then Google Spreadsheet would work better... same notion of sharing the document etc, but spreadsheet-based instead (obviously).

ETA I'm slow...@PastorVincent has already mentioned this. Going back to sleep now!

Well if it's any consolation, I read @PastorVincent 's post but missed the spreadsheet. So I'm glad you covered it as I downloaded docs and was disappointed that Excel was not an option.

Can I create a document outside of spreadsheets and save it to google spreadsheets? Boss should be leaving any second.....

ETA hey you're on vacation and a brainiac, why did I get this gig? Lol!
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    If you want an excel worksheet, then Google Spreadsheet would work better... same notion of sharing the document etc, but spreadsheet-based instead (obviously).

ETA I'm slow...@PastorVincent has already mentioned this. Going back to sleep now!

Well if it's any consolation, I read @PastorVincent 's post but missed the spreadsheet. So I'm glad you covered it as I downloaded docs and was disappointed that Excel was not an option.

Can I create a document outside of spreadsheets and save it to google spreadsheets? Boss should be leaving any second.....

Try: https://www.google.com/sheets/about/ as a starting point maybe?
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming to do the first 4 weeks of couch to 5km!
    I'm heading to Outward Bound in September and desperately need to get some level of fitness.

I just finished week 4. Hope it works out for you and that you keep on it!!!
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I would like to crash the party! I have been missing running so maybe I can live vicariously through yall for a while. I am down to walking ( or maybe waddling, but I refuse to believe that) for the time being due to pregnancy.

I set a goal of walking 20 miles in august.

8/5 - 1.89 miles

Congrats, when are you due???
  • Elise4270
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @PastorVincent I'm on it.. Thanks

I found this file an thought to share it as an experiment or if it was useful for anyone. Its fancy. Im not sure i know how to duplicate this type of work, but i'm sure as a group effort we can come close or better.

Its a weight loss calculator written by an MFP user. You may have already seen it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HexzLl6AcDK4tJRg8C_5KPcAerfQfR-yDVwyfuWnU14/edit?usp=sharing

Aw kitten! I accidentally deleted this file!
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    {"Attachments":[{"__type":"ItemIdAttachment:#Exchange","ItemId":{"__type":"ItemId:#Exchange","ChangeKey":null,"Id":"AAMkAGJhYWY0ZDU1LWE1ZjUtNDUyOC1iOTdjLTgxNTc0YWU3NjllOQBGAAAAAAA78+54fgYhSLKFwyKtLVL3BwCxmuifrq/7QJPIAeU1VegMAAAAOSwhAACNd8AZpdrnTpwOB9HTqECbAABZHKi2AAA="},"Name":"EDUC 715, August 14-18, 8:30-4:30, Furcolo Room 102","IsInline":false}]}
  • Elise4270
    Options
    lporter229 wrote: »
    cburke8909 wrote: »
    9.1 this am. I was supposed to do 4 cruise intervals at zone 3 pace for 5 minutes each with 2 minutes zone 1 recovery. I started fine but ran my first interval a little too fast. The second interval was better but still more like zone 4 than zone 3. By the last interval I was definitely in zone 4 and 5 minutes became 8. I started cooling down with about 5 miles left until I got home. The plan was to run those miles in zone 2 or 1 and recover from the speed but ambition got the best of me. All the talk of 5k races had my mind pondering what could I do? So with 2.5 miles left to run, I let it all out. The run was good about 7:30 pace the HR was too high slip into zone 5 at one point. Tuesday is usually my cross training day on the elliptical but now that I'm on Strava the stupid leader board is mocking me and I want to be up the board. I'm going on vacation Tuesday with the family and so part of my thought is that I don't know if I'll run.(Who am I kidding?) I will run slow and easy tomorrow.

exercise.png

Beware of the Strava leader board! If you aren't careful, it can lead you alright...straight into injury! Seriously though, I love the social aspect of Strava, but it is easy to get carried away and lose sight of your own goals when you start looking at those rankings. Sometimes we all just need to take a step back and remember that why we are running. Just a friendly reminder, not just to @cburke8909, but to everyone in the group.

I never even see the leaderboard on mobile. I happen to find it yesterday and notice I'm actually on it. It was tempting to add some miles on a rest day! But nah. I'm sitting on the porch while the big dogs run. :wink:
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options

In my head they're the same thing....but then none of you are in my head are you?
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @PastorVincent I'm on it.. Thanks

I found this file an thought to share it as an experiment or if it was useful for anyone. Its fancy. Im not sure i know how to duplicate this type of work, but i'm sure as a group effort we can come close or better.

Its a weight loss calculator written by an MFP user. You may have already seen it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HexzLl6AcDK4tJRg8C_5KPcAerfQfR-yDVwyfuWnU14/edit?usp=sharing

Aw kitten! I accidentally deleted this file!

Ok got it back....
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options

I just requested access as it's currently View Only.
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @runningmischka yeah so happy to see you. Look at the size of that sweetpea in the picture. I’ve loved watching her grow up in your profile pix.
    @mobycarp I could probably count on one hand the number of 5Ks I’ve run that didn’t go by chip time. Very few are gun time.
    @pastorvincent I agree through with @mobycarp you need to be more aggressive about where you start. Skip just walks up through the crowd going excuse me excuse me until she sees a face she knows she’ll finish with. A lot of races we do she just walks right to the front line and lines up. I “sparkle” enough when I run with a skirt  I’ve seen sparkle shorts too. I’ve never worn one but I hear they are very comfy.
    @cburke8909 eventually the ticker will fit itself if it doesn’t post right the first time
  • Elise4270
    Options

I just requested access as it's currently View Only.

I gave you access. Ill look at it and make sure it's set up where no permission is needed, unless you get to it first.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @katiejane83 You need to save a copy with a different name to edit
    @lporter229 point taken, I'm not taken away by my competitive often but I am cautious when I feel the urge stiring
    @skippygirlsmom I also need to remember that I can delete a post. I forget I can do that if the post has not been up for long.