August 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    @MobyCarp I totally understand the time/distance issue. I convert to miles at a good pace and go easy once the target of time is reached. If I'm a mile from home then it's an extra ten minutes of easy zone 1 pace for more cool down, but I'm unsure how much that adversely effects the desired results of the training. Ideally I would a plan only specify times for segments within the workout and have a total distance not a total time.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    MobyCarp wrote: »
    @PastorVincent - Good job getting 2 races run in one day! And now you know some things you didn't know before. You're faster than you thought, relative to the pack of runners in a race. And you need to line up more aggressively, because it's far more common for a 5K to use gun time than chip time. I've never seen a race that was shorter than a half marathon use chip time, unless it was big enough that it needed multiple corrals and/or waves. Even when a shorter race reports net time, gun time is typically used for awards.

Offical Age Group Results:

1) 24:08
    2) 24:28
    3) 24:51
    4) 25:03
    5) 25:32 <-- Me

I think I could have beat that 24:08 had I been closer to the front for my start. Bah. He might have run faster had I caught up to him of course, but I think I could have been in that 1-3 grouping for sure. Ah well.

Starting to think that if I pay a bit more attention to my training I might actually be a competitor in my age group. I seriously never considered that before.
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    @PastorVincent you are so far from peaking- you are racing a hell of a season! And with glow sticks no less :D

Thanks! But other than being a really nice thing to say, what would make you say "so far from peaking"?
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    And like I said- I'm all about supporting a company I like especially if I'm spending that much anyhow. I've had some things 2-3 years and they show no sign of wear, other than the printed tag wearing off. Wear what works, just sharing some sisterly Oiselle love!

What is it about them that you like? Wondering about having my wife shop there if there is a strong social good reason.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Runningmischka Has it really been that long? So great to see you back!
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »
    @shrcpr It's my whole mission in life to find decent running bottoms in stock with phone and key pockets!

My wife uses a Roo pouch that we bought at the 1/2 marathon expo. It seems to work really well for her: http://theroosport.com/

• PastorVincent
    Options
    Any of you ladies run in Sparkle Skirts? Someone mentioned them up thread and was wondering if I should mention them to my wife, but they are not cheap!

$75!?!
    https://sparkleskirts.com/collections/sparkletech-hikerchic/products/primrose-hikerchic-long-style?variant=22474488452

I thought my UA Heatgear was pricey... sheesh.

Anyways, wondering if they are any good at that price?