Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom nice running!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @kristinegift great job gutting it out this morning! A lumpy gel sounds awful!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @amymoreorless therapy runs are great! Nice running!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn Thanks! It was definitely a slog once the water was gone. Pretty sure the gel was ok but had plastic in it... but only time will tell I guess! Eeeek!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @kristinegift Sounds like that run was a bit stressful!

_________
    I think I'm going to have to start a "no excuses" month and get to the gym, do my PT, and this 30 day challenge bit- that i'm afraid to even look at because I may not be able to do it. I'm sure after my next appointment i'll know more and can maybe start to shake this scaredy cat funk. I'm torn between getting my other butt/leg/hip area surgically lined out and being down another X months. Of course being off work a bit will be nice, but there is a good chance ill be sent to Waukesha WI in April, June or October- i'd like to be running so i can get out for an experience in a new place. And San Antonio in March, which i hear is a great place to run.... I dont wanna miss running!!! (maybe i should wait for what the doc says friday before i fret too much).

Its a bit rainy out- my favorite kind of running. I think DH must have taken too much sleep med because he isn't up and its already 10. I may go alone if he don't get to movin' soon.

______
    Apparently Oiselle is making these 20$ off a regular thing. I just got around to ordering a bra and shorts, hey I couldn't pass up free shipping so i had to order 2 things. Here's a code if you want to order something, then itll kick me ANOTHER code for 20$ off and continue to keep be in this retail therapy loop. but thats fine, its Oiselle- love what they stand for.
    https://www.talkable.com/x/MVd4A3
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @skippygirlsmom - Wow! To be that young again. I bet she needed a recovery run today. Love the shoes.

@amymoreorless - Sometimes those are the best runs.

@kristinegift - What kind of gel do you use?

@PastorVincent - Great job on both races.
  • kristinegift
    Options
    @Elise4270 Aaah I need another pair of their Strider shorts, but I tried to use the link with my regular email and it told me I couldn't because I wasn't a first time customer. So sad!!

@kimlight2 It was a PowerGel strawberry banana gel. But it was pretty old (one left from a bulk order I made last fall) so it may very well have been expired.
  • Elise4270
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @Elise4270 Aaah I need another pair of their Strider shorts, but I tried to use the link with my regular email and it told me I couldn't because I wasn't a first time customer. So sad!!

@kimlight2 It was a PowerGel strawberry banana gel. But it was pretty old (one left from a bulk order I made last fall) so it may very well have been expired.

Oh that is sad!!!! Sign up with a new email :wink: I just got their trail Lekso shorts. Bet they are awesome.

ETA if that link gets used and I get a 20$ code I'll give it to you. You did introduce me to Oiselle
  • kristinegift
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »

Oh that is sad!!!! Sign up with a new email :wink: I just got their trail Lekso shorts. Bet they are awesome.

ETA if that link gets used and I get a 20$ code I'll give it to you. You did introduce me to Oiselle

@Elise4270 I used a diff browser and my work email and voila!! Code popped up. Thanks!
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @JessicaMcB is my math correct, are you really at like 77 miles for the month already? What was that about us running similar miles????? Awesome job! You really do motivate me to do more. Our races are at about thr same time, but you have so much more mileage than me.... I feel like a slacker :'(

Side note... I had coffee after my run this morning.... there's a real urge to run another 5 to get my daily miles up to 10 and my monthly total up to 60.... but that's the coffee talking.
  • kevaasen
    kevaasen Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Reporting my End of Week 1 mileage - 39.8 of 125 goal/150 Stretch goal

Attempted a LTHR test this week on Saturday's run and then used that info to set pace guidelines for Sunday's PR distance run of 12.5 miles. Felt great. Next weeks long run is basically a half marathon.

Great running by all this past week and looking forward to a safe and fun upcoming week!
  • Elise4270
    Options
    @JessicaMcB yes they are expensive. But I haven't found them to be any more so than comparable brands (if there are any? Nike?).

I had a problem with some others I had stinking, MPG brand. My Oiselle never stinks. And like I said- I'm all about supporting a company I like especially if I'm spending that much anyhow. I've had some things 2-3 years and they show no sign of wear, other than the printed tag wearing off. Wear what works, just sharing some sisterly Oiselle love!
  • RespectTheKitty
    RespectTheKitty Posts: 1,667 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @RespectTheKitty - you might want to check this out. There are physiological reasons why you feel exhausted running during your TOM. Hang in there - your next run will likely feel better!!
    https://www.runnersworld.com/rt-web-exclusive/how-menstruation-affects-your-running

Thanks for this!!!

Still feeling really *kitten* today so I have designated a rest day. Exhausted, crampy and nauseous is no way to run. Guess this month is just particularly bad.