August 2017 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• MNLittleFinn
    MNLittleFinn Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    DX2JX2 wrote: »
    I'm in for 80. I have my first 5K ever on Labor Day and my goal is to complete it in less than 29 minutes.

8/1: 3.5
    8/3: 3.5
    8/4: 2.7
    8/5: 6.1
    8/7: 2.7
    8/8: 3.5
    8/9: 4.3

welcome. You've got some great consistency going there.
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Today's "wisdom" from MNLittleFinn: You might be a running addict if you aren't sure about taking 2 days off before the 30 mile trail run you have over the weekend.

30 miles is incredible!
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    girlinahat wrote: »
    So because of this thread and the whole measurements spreadsheet this morning I had to confront the scale, which I've been avoiding.

It wasn't good. But then I've been eating as if I've been active without doing the active thing.

So I'm back to trying to take control AND I made myself go for a run (minimalist shoes, c25k week 2).

So thank you all.

You got this!!!
  • seanevan10
    seanevan10 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_ @PastorVincent I am jealous of your running locations. I miss living in Colorado. Or even San Diego. I did see some coyotes in a field the other day. We have them roaming around along with bobcats. Someone saw one on my running trail a week or so ago, but I haven't found anything but a bunnyzilla. :-)

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    shanaber wrote: »
    @PastorVincent - love where you get to run! Beautiful!!
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    @_nikkiwolf_ @PastorVincent I am jealous of your running locations. I miss living in Colorado. Or even San Diego. I did see some coyotes in a field the other day. We have them roaming around along with bobcats. Someone saw one on my running trail a week or so ago, but I haven't found anything but a bunnyzilla. :-)

Oh do not be, that is just the about a mile trail out to the road, and it has a wicked up hill. Most people around here skip it :smiley:

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    8/1/17 - 3.01 miles treadmill before weight lifting.
    8/2/17 - 6.13 miles
    8/3/17 - 3.03 miles on the treadmill before weight lifting.
    8/4/17 - Rest day
    8/5/17 - 12.04 miles, rough BG before, during, and after run.
    8/6/17 - Rest day; weight lifting
    8/7/17 - Rest
    8/8/17 - 3.01 miles treadmill before weight lifting
    8/9/17 - 6.01 miles, "Race Pace" (not quite) - felt good and indicators for fat adaptation look promising

exercise.png

Upcoming Races:
    9/9/17 - Wabash Trace HM
    10/21/17 - Oregon Trail Run HM
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    Ke22yB wrote: »
    Some firsts Intro 69Years young 9 years past May since I reclaimed my life
    first attempted running streak 5 miles a day first monthly goal triple digits 100 miles
    month to date 42.36 miles as of this afternoon

Welcome!
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It is so hard for me right now not to lace 'em up and go for a run. But I promised myself that I would take a full week to rest my calf, so I'm just enjoying reading about everyone else's running exploits and counting down the hours until I can get out there.
  • cburke8909
    cburke8909 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    Been out all day at StoryLand. My family and I rlenjoyed it greatly. No strength or kr30dc but ill5get my run in tomorrow. Suppose to be short intervals.
  • PastorVincent
    Options
    It is so hard for me right now not to lace 'em up and go for a run. But I promised myself that I would take a full week to rest my calf, so I'm just enjoying reading about everyone else's running exploits and counting down the hours until I can get out there.

Yeah, know what you mean, technically I am to take tomorrow and Friday off... but that might fail. :)
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @kristinegift you keep passing me up when you post mileage! AAAHHH....
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn Aren't we pretty much at the same mileage?! lol
  • MNLittleFinn
    Options
    @MNLittleFinn Aren't we pretty much at the same mileage?! lol

you're a mile ahead! And I'm taking tomorrow off and running short on Friday..... Maybe Saturday I'll catch up some