New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    2azclni29py2.png

Optimum nutrition chocolate glazed donut cake bites. Anyone tried these yet?

They are good but don't taste anything like a donuts. It taste more like vanilla cake w/ sprinkles :'(

I find them too sweet for my liking, but I also found the other flavors too sweet as well.
  • ChelzFit
    ChelzFit Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Supposedly Arctic Zero's new flavors are good....I'll believe it when I try it.

I actually found the cookie dough and snickerdoodle to be pretty good, I love chunky ice cream so this really curbs my craving for a blizzard.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Loved loved the spicy chili lime!!!! The coconut were bland and boring as well as the salted caramel. Kinda tasted like those planatarian things but in actual chip form. Would definitely buy the chili lime. Haven't seen many vegan "protein" chips 9suvej6cmloy.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Finally tried some new Lays .. Fried green tomato one is great .. bf got the bacon wrapped jalapeno popper ones. That one is kinda bland .. you can taste bacon but no jalapeno

I tried the everything bagel with cream cheese flavor. I definitely got the cream cheese taste, but otherwise they were underwhelming.

I wonder if the their Taco chips are any good? I'm not usually much of a chip person.

Yes, they are AMAZING. I'm not usually a chip person either, but these taste like Taco Bell's Doritos Locos Taco inside one little potato chip - you can taste the sour cream and everything. I'm shocked with how much flavor it has! That being said, one bag will last me a long time since I don't regularly snack on these (rather save calories for ice cream), but I will definitely pick up another before they leave the shelves! As far as potato chips go, it definitely is my new favorite. I just wish they sold single serve bags of it!
    ws5mjyziqkwn.jpg

You weren't lying! These chips are freaking awesome!

I intended to put these on top of some Beyond Meat Crumbles, peppers, cheese, & cauliflower rice today but ended up eating the chips for my first breakfast.

At my local Wal-Mart I wanted to buy another bag, but they only had the three other flavors I have no interest in trying. Giant wanted $3.00 per bag, but I know Wal-Mart sells it for $2.48 so I'll just wait till I go to the nearest Super Center.

At Giant today I bought a few fall treats, but I'm definitely not buying as many as last year.

I bought Candy Corn M&Ms, the Pumpkin Puffins cereal, & the Candy Corn Peeps with white fudge on the bottom.

I went in to see if Giant had the White Chocolate Pumpkin Pie M&Ms.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Still can't find those chips anywhere. Sigh.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Finally tried some new Lays .. Fried green tomato one is great .. bf got the bacon wrapped jalapeno popper ones. That one is kinda bland .. you can taste bacon but no jalapeno

I tried the everything bagel with cream cheese flavor. I definitely got the cream cheese taste, but otherwise they were underwhelming.

I wonder if the their Taco chips are any good? I'm not usually much of a chip person.

Yes, they are AMAZING. I'm not usually a chip person either, but these taste like Taco Bell's Doritos Locos Taco inside one little potato chip - you can taste the sour cream and everything. I'm shocked with how much flavor it has! That being said, one bag will last me a long time since I don't regularly snack on these (rather save calories for ice cream), but I will definitely pick up another before they leave the shelves! As far as potato chips go, it definitely is my new favorite. I just wish they sold single serve bags of it!
    ws5mjyziqkwn.jpg

You weren't lying! These chips are freaking awesome!

I intended to put these on top of some Beyond Meat Crumbles, peppers, cheese, & cauliflower rice today but ended up eating the chips for my first breakfast.

At my local Wal-Mart I wanted to buy another bag, but they only had the three other flavors I have no interest in trying. Giant wanted $3.00 per bag, but I know Wal-Mart sells it for $2.48 so I'll just wait till I go to the nearest Super Center.

At Giant today I bought a few fall treats, but I'm definitely not buying as many as last year.

I bought Candy Corn M&Ms, the Pumpkin Puffins cereal, & the Candy Corn Peeps with white fudge on the bottom.

I went in to see if Giant had the White Chocolate Pumpkin Pie M&Ms.

Both Shoprite and Safeway had the chips for $2.50 each when I went there, but I got it from Walmart, too ;)

So today I caved and went to IHOP for their strawberry donut french toast thing. It looked like an oversized twinkie, but was delicious and I loved the bavarian creme inside. Overall, while I really enjoyed it, it wasn't filling and not something I would get again over their pancakes. I would like to try the Apple Fritter, but that's a lot of calories to save knowing I'll be hungry afterwards!

bbwt7uzideza.jpg

I also spotted the new Key Lime Pie OhYeah ONE Bar at Smoothie King, of all places go figure! I didn't see it at Vitamin Shoppe, but for some reason I thought I saw somewhere it was supposed to be exclusive to that store? Guess not. Overall, it's one of my new favorite ONE bars. Had a very tart but sweet, delicious key lime flavor. Didn't feel like I was eating a protein bar at all!
    tvkimp79htq0.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    I envy people who can eat this kind of stuff for breakfast (the donut) and not be hungry afterwards.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I envy people who can eat this kind of stuff for breakfast (the donut) and not be hungry afterwards.

I eat it for dinner close to bedtime, if I had it for breakfast the entire day would be ruined XD
    I actually just got back from there again, I lied, had to try the apple fritter >~> worst decision ever, not as filling nor delicious as the strawberry donut surprisingly! It tasted like a soggy apple fritter with a thin layer of egg on top. I love a nice sweet crunchy apple fritter so I definitely won't ever get this again, total waste of calories and I'm starving :p
    t4dqcyqxn8v0.jpg
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Very mocha-y!

t5na5d5i6om0.jpg

And these taste exactly like the coffee nut ones, just strawberry instead of coffee. I know that doesn't make any sense to anybody who hasn't had the coffee nut ones....

dkudxht08cna.jpg
  • hgycta
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Finally tried the Fig Kalypso greek yogurt I found in Shoprite. Really good macros in my opinion (145 calories and 16g of protein) but also very chalky and the fig flavor was way too overpowering. Normally I love figs and I love greek yogurt, so I was very excited, but together it just didn't work out in this one. If anyone tries another flavor by this company and likes it I'd be interested in maybe trying another one, but I'm going to hold off until that day.
    49ajz173xs6b.jpg
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    josette06 wrote: »
    Evamutt wrote: »
    I don't like Quest bars, to me they have no flavor. I found this peanut butter/chocolate protein bar at Grocery Outlet...15 for $4.99! They were on sale & went up about 2 more dollars, but they are good. Taste like a candy bar

Yay someone else who shops at the Grocery Outlet.

I like that place too! They have so many things I can't find elsewhere.

Yesterday I found Turkey Hill Gelato for $0.99 a container at the Grocery Outlet.

http://www.onsecondscoop.com/2016/09/turkey-hill-caramel-peanut-butter.html

It got a bad review on this site, but if it's bad at least I didn't pay much.

It got a bad review for having an "overly strong peanut kick"? I'm sorry, but if I'm getting something peanut butter flavored, I WANT that peanut kick to be as strong as it comes! Please let us know your thoughts on this one!

The gelato in my opinion tasted just as smooth as Talenti, but I did notice way more caramel than I did Peanut Butter throughout my three servings. The peanut butter had slight appearances which I noticed a salty peanut butter flavoring, but it was overwhelmed by the caramel. Still for $0.99 it was a good purchase.
  • byustrongman
    byustrongman Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Never had a good halo top- I'm sure the pumpkin will be atrocious as well.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Not that new, but new to me. It was decent with a definite marshmallow flavor coming through, even with my Greek yogurt cream cheese schmear:

Thomas-Limited-Edition-Smores-English-Muffins.jpg?resize=640%2C336
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

If you don't like the brand then why don't you eat something that you enjoy? Did you ever try Enlightened?
  • hgycta
    Options
    Got an email from Noodles & Company, they have new zucchini noodles. I'm tempted to give them a try but I've never had veggie noodles before. Has anyone here tried them?
    dahblfnjrsnm.png
  • MiamiSeoul
    MiamiSeoul Posts: 1,809 Member
    Options

Blasphemy!

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I picked these up at Wegmans yesterday. I've never seen or heard of them. And if I'm being honest, I'm a little scared to try. LOL BUT...I will take a hit for the team. Stay tuned. ;)

Sea-Salt_1024x1024.png?v=1495064695
  • Francl27
    Options

Nice flavors. Mostly. Will see if I can find them for cheap.

You know... starting to be turned off by then. Probably because I got the taste for real ice cream again. Sigh.

Thanks for the reviews about the Ihop new desserts! I'll pass.