8/7-P90X3 Total Synergystics
    8/8-6 miles with 3 @ tempo
    8/9-30 min swim
    8/10-5.3 miles + strength training
    8/11-Rest Day
    8/12- 5.6 miles
    8/13-13.1 miles- Little Miami Half Marathon
    8/14- 20 min bike + 40 min stretch/foam rolling

Surprisingly, I have recovered very well from my half on Sunday. My legs were stiff and sore yesterday, so after walking the dog, I rode on my bike trainer for 20 minutes to loosen them up, then I spent 40 minutes stretching and foam rolling. The rolling was painful as usual, but today my legs feel fantastic. I am going to do some lunch time yoga and head out for a run after work.

@katharmonic - Great way to kill 2 bird with one stone. Since I have to do both of those things this evening, I may steal your idea. There is a grocery store not far from here with a bike path that runs right behind it.

@RunTimer - Beautiful photo! I was in Northern Italy a few years ago. I was dealing with an illness and an injury at the time and had no business running, but I snuck in a few miles at lake Como and in Venice. There was no way I was going to miss that opportunity!

@PastorVincent- Congrats on the one mile finish. That's a great little medal!

@Runningmischka - Congrats on the speedy run! Well Done!

@HonuNui -Awesome photo as usual!

@shanaber - Nice job on the interval run. And the wedding planning...So exciting for you and your daughter!
  • _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    @karllundy and @PastorVincent I always ignore what Strava, my watch or any other app tell me and just go with "calories burned = weight in kg * distance in km".
    If you insist on using miles and points, you need to add an extra factor:
    "calories burned = 0.73 * weight in lbs * distance in mi".

Actually, there are more complicated versions of that formula listed here, accounting for fitness and slope, but I ignore all the overly complicated details and stick with my simplified version, works well enough for me. It's easy enough to do in my head and enter the number manually at MFP. For example for my run this morning that gives me 420cal instead of Stravas 541. I still use Strava for the social aspect and as a convenient training diary where I can also add photos, notes, etc.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    @karllundy and @PastorVincent I always ignore what Strava, my watch or any other app tell me and just go with "calories burned = weight in kg * distance in km".
    If you insist on using miles and points, you need to add an extra factor:
    "calories burned = 0.73 * weight in lbs * distance in mi".

Actually, there are more complicated versions of that formula listed here, accounting for fitness and slope, but I ignore all the overly complicated details and stick with my simplified version, works well enough for me. It's easy enough to do in my head and enter the number manually at MFP. For example for my run this morning that gives me 420cal instead of Stravas 541. I still use Strava for the social aspect and as a convenient training diary where I can also add photos, notes, etc.

Yeah, I have heard "GROSS calories burned = .75 * Pounds * Miles" and "NET calories burned = .63 * pounds * miles also.

They are all guesstimations but they all vary wildly :) Trail and error is all you can do I guess.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    Got out and did c25k week 5 day 3 which is the first run with no walking breaks. I did it and it felt great! I could have kept going but didn't want to over do it! And there was a HUGE long hill and I never stopped. I think I'm finally a runner. LOL. Happy birthday to me! Have a great Tuesday. Have a taco.

Happy Birthday!
  • kimlight2
    kimlight2 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    @seanevan10 - Great job! Happy Birthday.

@HonuNui - Love the picture.

@Orphia - You make a great Wonder Woman!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    @seanevan10 Happy Birthday!
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Actually, there are more complicated versions of that formula listed here, accounting for fitness and slope

Aww, they conflate fitness with resting heart rate. :( My resting heart rate is low because of genetics, not fitness.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Yayyyyyy @Orphia !!! You are an inspiration!
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    @karllundy have you though about not logging any exercise calories? I know I lose weight at XYZ calories so, I just set mfp there and not to eat any or much of it back. Usually once a week I have to eat 500-600 over but it is still a weekly deficit. And I've tried to eat better foods- ones that I'm not having to guess on calories (pizza, nachos, ect). If I can be honest about the calories, I can't have it.

You probably can change a setting in Strava that will give you a smaller burn (weight, sex, ect). I ignore Strava and Garmin. In the past I haven't been able to lose weight using mfp's, Garmin's or Strava's numbers.

You think maybe something like the 21day fix might help get you moving in the right direction?

ETA I'm using the Libra app to trend my weight. It's been suprisingly accurate on my calories difference. Example -197kcal/ day average which is based on my trend weight. A big help in adjusting intake.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    @Orphia is famous. I knew her when....
  • anitamistry1
    anitamistry1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    seanevan10 wrote: »
    Got out and did c25k week 5 day 3 which is the first run with no walking breaks. I did it and it felt great! I could have kept going but didn't want to over do it! And there was a HUGE long hill and I never stopped. I think I'm finally a runner. LOL. Happy birthday to me! Have a great Tuesday. Have a taco.

Happy birthday.

• WandaVaughn
    WandaVaughn Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Woohoo @Orphia !
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,993 Member
    Options
    @orphia You are so freakin awesome!

@seanevan10 Happy Birthday and congrats on the c25k week 5 day 3. I still remember how I felt after that run. Surprisingly, it was great!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    8/1 - 5 miles
    8/2 - 4 miles
    8/3 - 6 miles
    8/4 - rest day
    8/5 - 8 miles
    8/6 - 3 miles
    8/7 - 0 miles - rest day
    8/8 - 5 miles
    8/9 - 5 miles
    8/10 - 5.6 miles happy birthday run - see what I did there 5.6 miles
    8/11 - rest day
    8/12 - 4 miles
    8/13 - 10 miles
    8/14 - 3 miles
    8/15 – rest day rest day my legs said they need a rest day

58 of 80 miles

@runtimer what a beautiful picture – nice song reference
    @pastorvincent – very cool congrats on the miler
    @runningmischka how do your stats compare to pre baby? Great run
    Welcome back to the land of the running @respectthekitty water it plenty and give it some food and it should be fine
    @honunui love the turtle – the caption is me ha ha
    @shanaber is the wedding by you or by her?
    @orphia you are an internet star! I can’t see them because my company is blocking the sites. The Telegraph how cool is that!!!
    @cburke8909 hope the knee is better soon
    Great workout @kristinegift
    Go @wandavaughn great speed
    @lporter229 glad you are feeling good
    Happy Birthday @seanevan10 and super run!