If my fiance brings home one more package of Oreo's, I might go full-rage.

Options

Replies

• Twinkleeeeeeeee80
    Twinkleeeeeeeee80 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    haha! I understand!
  • _NicLovin_
    _NicLovin_ Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My wife has the unnatural ability to just eat 2 Oreos, or 3 squares of a Hershey's bar, or 1 part of a Twix, and then slowly make her way through the remainder over the course of days. On Sunday morning, I found a single Pop-Tart in cling wrap in a cabinet that I really didn't think we ever used.

I feel your pain!

Haha, I bow at greatness of your wife's superpower!
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Not to generalize but I have just about always dated men that can eat whatever they want and all my female friends and I have to eat a certain way to not gain weight. Some things have helped in the past. I have an extra drawer that I tell myself to never open... perfect for treats. I like to have a candy dish for guests and stock it with my least favorite candies. I make healthier versions of treats for myself (and whoever wants them) to avoid a sweet tooth meltdown.
    I dont know what all you can have with a whole 30 diet but there has to be something sweet you can have.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Ugh, see, I'm the one with the huge sweet tooth. And also the one who's trying to lose more weight. My partner can care less about sweets and is more into savory food. I love savory food too, but put a delicious donut or cookie in front of me and I'm screwed! lol The beast comes out in me too when I don't have sugar in a certain amount of time. How do you guys abstain?
    I try to talk myself down. I look up the calories. I try to contract with myself not to eat it and find a healthy or healthier alternative. For me, icecream is really tough to refuse but I try to make a frozen fruit and milk smoothie. Frozen smoothies are very enjoyable for me and not nearly the calories as icecream. I notice sometimes I am just hungry and really just need an extra meal. Other times, I feel like a sugar addict and remove myself from the situation entirely. It has gotten better :)
  • _NicLovin_
    edited August 2017
    Options
    oocdc2
    That being said, please find some safe alternatives as soon as you can, because a long-term denial of desires (e.g., chocolate) can be a real mind screw. I'm not familiar with Whole30, but can you eat fruit? One piece of dark chocolate, maybe?

Absolutely - I love fruit and veggies, and there is some dark chocolate that I can (and do have) on occasion. I've actually been somewhat successful in not eating his treats, and there have been wonderful suggestions in the comments that will make some of these unwanted cravings even easier to manage. I just noticed myself having emotions to my dietary structure versus his. He's read my original post, which we've both had a laugh at, because it really is such a visceral reaction to such a silly thing, like a cookie. :-)
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Ugh, see, I'm the one with the huge sweet tooth. And also the one who's trying to lose more weight. My partner can care less about sweets and is more into savory food. I love savory food too, but put a delicious donut or cookie in front of me and I'm screwed! lol The beast comes out in me too when I don't have sugar in a certain amount of time. How do you guys abstain?

Short answer, I don't. I mean, I don't eat as much as I used to because calories but I just had two Squiggles (cookies). Because delicious.

If moderation is the problem then all of the advice about separate cupboards etc is solid.

You couldn't pay me to do Whole 30 unless I was trying to figure out what might be giving me digestive issues (I don't have any so don't need to do an elimination diet) because I would 100% inhale my fridge at some point along the line.

agree with this - Whole30 was never supposed to be a diet in the way people treat it - but rather a method to eliminate foods that might be causing health issues. I had a friend who just completed 30 days of it - found out a couple of issues (daily and grains) - but at the same time, her blood work also had some negative changes
  • _NicLovin_
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I try to talk myself down. I look up the calories. I try to contract with myself not to eat it and find a healthy or healthier alternative. For me, icecream is really tough to refuse but I try to make a frozen fruit and milk smoothie. Frozen smoothies are very enjoyable for me and not nearly the calories as icecream. I notice sometimes I am just hungry and really just need an extra meal. Other times, I feel like a sugar addict and remove myself from the situation entirely. It has gotten better :)

I saw this recipe the other day for "Nicecream" which looked delicious!

http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2016/08/22/banana-ice-cream-healthy/
  • newmantjn
    newmantjn Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Had a similar discussion/issue with my wife. Most having to do with chips and almonds. I tried a couple of things:
    1. I bought single serving bags of both chips and almonds and requested she not buy others.
    2. Asked that she just not leave them out on the counter if she isn't eating them
    3. When asked what I wanted from the store, requested "no chips" every week for several in a row.
    4. Threatened to just toss them if they are open and laying on the counter.

It took awhile, but for the most part they show up less frequently and are generally put away. Also, she is trying a little harder on her weight as well, so that helps.

The single serving thing seemed to work pretty well - you need to go to Sams or Costco and get a huge box of them. You will need to keep buying them as well. It gets old.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    My wife has the unnatural ability to just eat 2 Oreos, or 3 squares of a Hershey's bar, or 1 part of a Twix, and then slowly make her way through the remainder over the course of days. On Sunday morning, I found a single Pop-Tart in cling wrap in a cabinet that I really didn't think we ever used.

I feel your pain!

My wife is the same. Annoys the hell out of me.
  • _NicLovin_
    Options
    Dump him. Find a semi fat dude that watches what he eats. They are the best, I've heard

Hahahaha. Awesome. Now that you mention it, I think he has a work buddy like that. I should ask him to hook it up. :-)