New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,248 Member
    Options
    Wish some of you all were near me so I could give you my Halo Top coupons. I get one like every single trip to the store but I can not have products with Stevia. They cause a flare in a medical condition.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    FYI for those who want to try breyers new pints there's 1.50 off printable coupon on coupons . Com

Saw a $1.50 one also on Target's Cartwheel app! Not sure if you can use both but no harm in trying I suppose XD

Has anyone tried this new ice cream? I wondered how it compared to their regular ice cream. I think Breyer's regular ice cream is pretty bad tasting. Last time I bought it, I threw it all away after a few bites.

For the record, if I get regular ice cream at home. I prefer Publix brand. If shopping somewhere else Blue Bunny.

The cookies & cream is the most "regular" tasting, and by that I mean it tastes like Breyer's frozen dairy dessert low quality "ice cream" so you probably won't like it too much. The other flavors are more similar to Halo Top, but not quite as good when you have them next to it and in my opinion don't fill you as much. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it, only if it's a really good sale that I can't even get the other brands for. You may as well use the coupons and try one, but don't have high expectations!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    FYI for those who want to try breyers new pints there's 1.50 off printable coupon on coupons . Com

Saw a $1.50 one also on Target's Cartwheel app! Not sure if you can use both but no harm in trying I suppose XD

Has anyone tried this new ice cream? I wondered how it compared to their regular ice cream. I think Breyer's regular ice cream is pretty bad tasting. Last time I bought it, I threw it all away after a few bites.

For the record, if I get regular ice cream at home. I prefer Publix brand. If shopping somewhere else Blue Bunny.

It's meh. I did a review a few pages back. I think it tastes less artificial than Halo Top but isn't as filling, obviously.

That being said... I'm really not into Halo Top anymore and the last few pints I've eaten haven't been satisfying at all because of all the aftertastes so I'm probably not the most unbiased person - I just don't like artificial sweeteners.
    Naked Egg Taco? So... it's like an omelet, right? Marketing at its best XD
    xaacmatrmkm6.png

It seems extremely messy to me, lol.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

The cookies & cream is the most "regular" tasting, and by that I mean it tastes like Breyer's frozen dairy dessert low quality "ice cream" so you probably won't like it too much. The other flavors are more similar to Halo Top, but not quite as good when you have them next to it and in my opinion don't fill you as much. I wouldn't go out of my way to buy it, only if it's a really good sale that I can't even get the other brands for. You may as well use the coupons and try one, but don't have high expectations!

I bought the vanilla flavor with the coupon (thanks @Noreenmarie1234) & it came out to $3.49 per pint. Definitely better than paying $4.99 & cheaper than Halo Top. Still waiting for the three new Halo Top flavors I want to try. I bet Wal-Mart will either get them right away or take forever to get the flavors in.

I left them in the work freezer to eat on two of my late days at work the next few weeks. If someone eats it & isn't used to fake sugars then they'll get what they deserve :D.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I am eating that Curry Tiger Sweet Earth burrito I picked up a few weeks ago as I type! ITS AMAZING. Comfort food at it's finest wrapped up in a delicious burrito. I've never had Seitan before and was skeptical, but it's got a great texture! I've paired it with a tablespoon of sour cream as well. I'll definitely be buying this again - and probably trying new flavors too! For 320 calories I can make this a regular occurrence. I imagine the warmth and comfort of all these spices will be even more enjoyable in the fall/wintertime!
  • nottellingit
    nottellingit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Low Cow from Kroger is DELICIOUS! Well, the chocolate flavor is. I really didn't like HT's so it's especially wonderful to me.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

I WILL find those! :o

ETA: Australia, only?!? :'(
  • hgycta
    Options

I WILL find those! :o

ETA: Australia, only?!? :'(

Once it gets cooler I might find them on eBay, there has to be someone selling them XD
  • ashbabe25
    ashbabe25 Posts: 173 Member
    Options

Skinny Cow has got to be the absolutely most atrocious tasting ice cream I've ever had in my life. *blech!*
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    ashbabe25 wrote: »

Skinny Cow has got to be the absolutely most atrocious tasting ice cream I've ever had in my life. *blech!*

It's not that low calorie either.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Today I went to Weis & bought two pints of Enlightened's Red Velvet & for some reason I didn't find it as satisfying or as tasty as I did the first few times I bought it. I was shocked at Weis to get a coupon for Halo Top since they don't carry it as far as I know & my mom got one at Giant (Catalina coupons). I'll save those for when the new flavors are released (the sale price should be $3.14 at Wal-Mart which would be the cheapest price around here).

If I want Enlightened in the future I'll just stick to Triple Chocolate or Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch.

At GNC I finally found the mybar-confetti.png

511445_1.jpg?sw=2000&sh=2000&sm=fit

& this. Did anyone try the latter? The guy running the store said it kind of reminds me of a Twix bar.
  • hgycta
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Today I went to Weis & bought two pints of Enlightened's Red Velvet & for some reason I didn't find it as satisfying or as tasty as I did the first few times I bought it. I was shocked at Weis to get a coupon for Halo Top since they don't carry it as far as I know & my mom got one at Giant (Catalina coupons). I'll save those for when the new flavors are released (the sale price should be $3.14 at Wal-Mart which would be the cheapest price around here).

If I want Enlightened in the future I'll just stick to Triple Chocolate or Caramel Oatmeal Cookie Crunch.

I think it's interesting you mentioning how you were no longer impressed with their Red Velvet, as I've had a similar experience with this flavor and also their Birthday Cake flavor, it just doesn't do it for me anymore! I've actually had an opposite experience with their Peanut Butter Chip flavor, however. The first several times I tried this flavor before all the new flavors came out I didn't care for it at all and thought it didn't taste much like peanut butter so I'd avoid it like the plague. After returning that one Pina Colada pint I hated I decided to give it another chance and found myself loving it almost as much as the Chocolate Peanut Butter! It was a lot creamier and had a more rich peanut butter flavor than I remembered while the chocolate chips felt more like slivers than they did tiny hard rocks, it tasted almost like peanut butter fudge to me this time! In addition, the Strawberry Cheesecake, Black Cherry, and Salted Caramel now seem creamier and more flavorful than I remembered. I also swear they thaw quicker; I used to sit them out for 30-40 minutes and now they're soft after 20 minutes. I wrote to them and they claim they never changed their recipe, but it definitely seems (to me) like they did. I'm curious if anyone else has experienced this?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Everyone enter maybe one of us will win chance to try all new flavors lol https://www.halotop.com/new-flavor-giveaway
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Everyone enter maybe one of us will win chance to try all new flavors lol https://www.halotop.com/new-flavor-giveaway

Finally a way to enter those without having to tag 3 friends on facebook! Thanks!