i accidentally ate a donut after my breakfast

Options

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Sloth2016 wrote: »
    You need to work on your relationship with food....you didn't accidently eat that donut and you don't "have" to eat cake.

^^^ This. You control food. Don't let food control you. :)

i know i will
    i have been doing good when we go to mcdonalds or burger king i sometimes just get a diet root beer then go home and make a healthy lunch but when i see there is a donut i have to have it

Can you answer the questions I asked upthread? :smile: These ones:
    What is your height, current weight, goal weight, and the amount of weight you've chosen to lose each week?
    The reason it's being asked is that you may be trying to restrict your calorie intake too much, and that you might still be able to lose weight with a higher calorie allowance each day. But we need you to answer these questions before we can give you any specific help. :)

it doesnt let me post it when i try to post it it says that my post is pending and i tried to private message it to u but it said that there is a error

Then how did this post appear? <still confused>

i just tried again it still said its pending approval i dont know why it does it it just doesnt let me type it

Try this :smile:
    Instead of posting numbers, type it out in words, instead.

Like five-foot-two instead of 5ft 2. And one hundred and ten lbs instead of 110 lbs. See if that works. :)

ok im five-foot-four and my g-o-a-l w-e-i-g-h-t is one hundred and ten lbs my c-u-r-r-e-n-t-w-e-i-g-h-t- is one hundred and ninteen lbs but i havent w-e-i-g-h-e-d myself in a month because i had stomach problems

There you go!

Sometimes the spam filter on this site misinterprets numbers and puts it in the mod queue for approval. No idea why, exactly, but there it is.

What kind of 'stomach problems' have you been experiencing?
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    I'm gathering that you are a young person. What a great time to work on your eating habits! Every day is a chance to learn something new about yourself.

I would say that your focus should be primarily on eating healthy home-cooked foods as much as possible and finding activities that you like enough to do regularly. Activities can include everything and anything from sports to gardening to dancing. Try them all!

As for sweets: they will always be available and people will always offer them to you when you least need them. We are all attracted to them, it's in our nature. The overrides to unhealthy behaviors are habits. If you are in the habit of saying no to sweets most of the time, you can still plan to have them on occasion.

Happy birthday to your brother and your parakeet!
  • kokonani
    kokonani Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    Just had one for breakfast! It was great! I'll balance out rest of day with lots of veggies and lean protein.. no biggie!
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    88olds wrote: »
    BTW- a donut is just a fried wad of goo.

What donuts are you eating? :huh:
  • Choward33
    Choward33 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You need to work on your relationship with food....you didn't accidently eat that donut and you don't "have" to eat cake.

This will be a motto from now on for me.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »

What donuts are you eating? :huh:

Technically, doughnuts are a wad of goo that has been fried. If not done properly, they will be a fried wad of goo. The frying turns that wad of goo into a wonderful, tasty treat! My Mom made homemade doughnuts and every once in a while one would not cook all the way through so it was a tasty treat with a small wad of goo in the middle. Still ate it though.

They can also be baked.. *shrug*
  • kathskelly53
    kathskelly53 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Make good choices and be good tomorrow and hide the donuts
  • Gisel2015
    Gisel2015 Posts: 4,144 Member
    Options

i know i will
    i have been doing good when we go to mcdonalds or burger king i sometimes just get a diet root beer then go home and make a healthy lunch but when i see there is a donut i have to have it

Nope, you don't have to have it. You chose to have it, and there is a significant difference between “have to and chose to.”
  • TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    i had a egg wrap but then i saw a donut and i ate it and now i dont have a lot of calories left and its my brothers birthday we are gonna go to a restaurant at night

Doesn't sound like a major crisis to me. How many calories were in that egg wrap? How many calories in the donut?

Perhaps you're aiming too low with your total daily calories.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

A delicious, sweet, chewy, amazing wad of goo.

You forgot cooked in boiling fat.
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »

A delicious, sweet, chewy, amazing wad of goo.

You forgot cooked in boiling fat.

Well, if the fat isn't hot enough, the goo absorbs the oil instead of being cooked by it. :)
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Go work out. Get a grilled chicken salad with low cal dressing on the side and just eat a few bites of cake then say you are full. I have to deal with stuff like this all the time.
  • PKM0515
    PKM0515 Posts: 2,937 Member
    Options
    At 5'4" and 119 lbs, I would eat whatever you want today and enjoy celebrating your brother's birthday.

I need to do some "research" (seriously) because to me you don't seem overweight at your current height/weight.

Relax and have fun! :)
  • zjpq
    zjpq Posts: 198 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm sorry you were attacked by a donut

Maybe work a bit of exercise into your day to add some extra calories for later? Or just make today a maintenance calories day?