How much caffeine do you drink?

Options

Replies

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    One or two a day. However I may consider stopping soon. I feel like my body is too dependent on the caffeine. In fact, I find myself sometimes drinking coffee in the afternoon to keep myself up to finish the day.

This is me too. I don't know if I can stop though!
  • glow559
    glow559 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5 cups of coffee a day

Does it work
  • RedSierra
    RedSierra Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Packerjohn wrote: »
    Sorry, why do •people* advise me to cut back??

Just in the news today the coroner determined this 16 year old died from caffeine overdose:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation-now/2017/05/16/coroner-south-carolina-teen-died-too-much-caffeine/101739718/

From the article:
    The official cause of death for Davis Allen Cripe was a “caffeine-induced cardiac event causing a probable arrhythmia,” said Richland County Coroner Gary Watts. It was the result of the teen ingesting the caffeine from a large Diet Mountain Dew, a cafe latte from McDonald’s and an energy drink over the course of about two hours

I love coffee. I started drinking it when I was 10 years old. It never affected me in any way until about a month ago. Then I ended up in the emergency room twice in 2 weeks with extremely high blood pressure 200/100. It was the caffeine, which I didn't realize at the time. I shook for 24 hours each time. The second time, I had a Starbucks in the morning, then a large McDonald's coffee, then a pitcher of coffee at a restaurant over a 90 minute lunch. I read the story about the south carolina teen who died from too much caffeine. I'm lucky that didn't happen to me.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots. I'm hypothyroid and I'll do anything for energy. I'm a coffee junkie.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,598 Member
    Options
    csoriaa wrote: »
    I drink no more than two cups of coffe per day, the effect over my sense of hunger it's not so high, but I see a lot of people that drink soda (Dr. pepper, Coke, etc) it doesn't matter if it's diet or Zero, you will not loose weight if you drink soda (even diet). I started to lose a lot of weight once I stopped to drink diet soda.

Interesting theory, but my 130+ lb weight loss while drinking nearly 90% of my fluids as diet soda kinda blows that idea out of the water now doesn't it?

I know right, I dropped 40 lb drinking 2 or 3 diet sodas a day. Don't buy into the woo, people.....
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    At least a pot and 2 liter of diet pop a day. Sometimes a couple energy drinks
  • Aerona85
    Aerona85 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    None. I get shaky with the caffeine in half a can of Coke. I've got no business with caffeine :-).
  • JnineGains
    JnineGains Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Coffee is great! I drink it black with a splenda, Its a good pre workout drink LOL
  • Ainadan
    Ainadan Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Wow. So much caffeine! I probably drink one 12 oz. mug of coffee a day. It is more of a ritual than anything else. But I'm trying to get away from it because caffeine interferes with my sleep.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Research indicates up to 6 cups a day reduces death from all causes.
  • timtam163
    timtam163 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I try to stick to 2-3 max, and none in the afternoon. It def helps me wake up in the morning; I don't think it affects weight very much. It does help me put off breakfast; and instead of nervous-snacking while I work I nervous-caffeinate, so I guess that's good.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    During the work week I get 2 or 3 of 14.25 oz mugs of coffee each day. During the weekends I brew upwards of 60 oz of coffee each day and drink all of it, with the addition of a stick of cinnamon in the pot. Which I don't log. The cinnamon. How can I possibly measure the amount of cinnamon in the coffee when the cinnamon stick absorbs water from the coffee?
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    csoriaa wrote: »
    I drink no more than two cups of coffe per day, the effect over my sense of hunger it's not so high, but I see a lot of people that drink soda (Dr. pepper, Coke, etc) it doesn't matter if it's diet or Zero, you will not loose weight if you drink soda (even diet). I started to lose a lot of weight once I stopped to drink diet soda.

Nope, I can cut weight just fine drinking them.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options

Please post a reliable study. I find it hard to believe coffee reduces deaths from car accidents, animal attacks, etc.

Especially when the Mayo Clinic says up to 4 cups of coffee a day is safe for most healthy individuals.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20045678
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    2 mugs pre workout, and then anywhere from 1-3 additional mugs post workout. I'll switch to decaf if it's past noon though.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options

Please post a reliable study. I find it hard to believe coffee reduces deaths from car accidents, animal attacks, etc.

Especially when the Mayo Clinic says up to 4 cups of coffee a day is safe for most healthy individuals.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/caffeine/art-20045678

@Packerjohn more and more car makers are putting the coffee cup warning light in the dash in an effort to reduce deaths from car accidents. Ask an truck driver about using coffee for safety reasons.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YbrFjfHxpMo

MC goes over why they turn on the Coffee Cup dash light. Ford has something similar when one drifts out of one's lane over and over.
  • madwells1
    madwells1 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    One large iced coffee with 2 shots of espresso....black. It's one of my only true vices.

ekob0f1n6z13.png

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Only what is in my green tea and very occasional black tea.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options

@Packerjohn more and more car makers are putting the coffee cup warning light in the dash in an effort to reduce deaths from car accidents. Ask an truck driver about using coffee for safety reasons.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=YbrFjfHxpMo

MC goes over why they turn on the Coffee Cup dash light. Ford has something similar when one drifts out of one's lane over and over.

@GaleHawkins I know a bunch of truckers. They don't want a fellow trucker who is keeping themselves awake by caffeine alone doing 75 MPH in the 80,000 pound rig next to them.
  • asianolikeyou
    asianolikeyou Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    I used to be a coffee drinker but I gave it up. I'm happier sticking to water and one cup of green tea each day.