Just for Today ..... Daily Commitment Thread- Start of a new year!

Options

Replies

• MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    8/21 Monday JFT:

Enjoy a peaceful morning
    Watch the eclipse with my kiddos
    (we have solar glasses) B)
    Continue organizing and cleaning house
    Take clothes and shoes to donation box
    Stay positive :blush:
    Run on elliptical
    Day 2 of plank challenge
    BB-Workout
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 11 pm
  • Bex953172
    Bex953172 Posts: 4,097 Member
    Options
    MLHC1 wrote: »
    8/21 Monday JFT:

Enjoy a peaceful morning
    Run on elliptical
    Day 2 of plank challenge
    BB-Workout
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 11 pm

Please don't forget the pic! It will mean a lot to me if you could get one for me!
  • MLHC1
    MLHC1 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Bex953172 wrote: »
    8/21 Monday JFT:

Enjoy a peaceful morning
    Run on elliptical
    Day 2 of plank challenge
    BB-Workout
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 11 pm

Please don't forget the pic! It will mean a lot to me if you could get one for me!

No worries, I have not forgotten you ;) The eclipse last for a couple of hours so I'll take several and then post the pictures later today (so that would be about 8 hours from right now). It's 0732 right now and the eclipse is from 1130 to 1430 so I'll have them up around 1530. Also if you look online, NASA and Yellowstone National Park will be showing a live video of the full eclipse. (In case your kiddos wanna see it :D )
  • Bex953172
    Options
    8/21 Monday JFT:

Enjoy a peaceful morning
    Run on elliptical
    Day 2 of plank challenge
    BB-Workout
    Dinner by 7 pm
    Bedtime by 11 pm

No worries, I have not forgotten you ;) The eclipse last for a couple of hours so I'll take several and then post the pictures later today (so that would be about 8 hours from right now). It's 0732 right now and the eclipse is from 1130 to 1430 so I'll have them up around 1530. Also if you look online, NASA and Yellowstone National Park will be showing a live video of the full eclipse. (In case your kiddos wanna see it :D )

Haha sod the kids I wanna watch it haha
    And thanks for that j will have a look!!
    In fact the kids will be in bed by then, 8hrs from now will be 10pm!
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    Options
    Goals for Monday
    - Light my angels candle and look through his memory box to celebrate his 2nd birthday

Hugs to you on your angel's birthday. o:)
  • cschmitz110515
    cschmitz110515 Posts: 3,514 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Recap Sunday 8/20 Challenge today is after choir sings in installation service this afternoon for new associate pastor, meal to follow and I have no idea what = The service and meal were amazing! Feeling so blessed. However, the scale is not my friend after the past two days. Need to get back on track.
    1) church 9:00 = done :smiley:
    2) walk dog = 80F and very humid (yuck!), even dog was dragging a bit, walked 3.58 miles and saw 5 turkeys :smiley:
    3) depoop yard so hubby can mow = done :smiley:
    4) 2 loads laundry = 3 loads done, mostly line dried & finished in dryer :smiley:
    5) bedtime 10:30 = done :smiley:

JFT M 8/21 Today is hubby's and my lucky 13th wedding anniversary. Since we work different hours, I'll see him at my lunchtime, and we'll "celebrate" by taking our black cat to the vet. Assuming she cooperates, this is our 2nd try. During the solar eclipse. Oh yeah, we're not jinxed. Actually, we're not superstitious at all. And the eclipse is 79% where we live, but seems it will be cloudy most of the day with chance of showers again. Guess I'll see the eclipse online / TV.
    1) Use "move" reminder...steps shouldn't be a problem with current work project
    2) Net calories green, at least w/i 100
    3) Use Calm app, pause and pray
    4) Unwind 9:30 & bedtime w/ TV off 10:15 / dog walk T a.m.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Weekly weigh-in (Sunday): 195lbs (down 1lb this week)

JFT:
    1. Weigh and log everything
    2. Prep meals for tomorrow - I'm having a myelogram and there is a 24 hour rest period afterwards with no bending or activity due to risk of a spinal headache. I'm very nervous. I have someone to drive me home but husband is out of town and no-one to stay with me.
    3. Meditate and try to calm my nerves before the procedure tomorrow.
    4. Lie on my front lawn at 2:36pm -- 97% eclipse here in Atlanta!

Have a great Monday!
  • aeloine
    aeloine Posts: 2,163 Member
    Options
    JFT:

1. Eat less than I burn.
    2. Spend quality time with my cat.
    3. Motivate those around me.
    4. Prep work out clothes for the week!
  • WR50
    WR50 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    JFT Sunday: Disassociate from the part of my brain that is pushing me to binge. I let it take over last night. NOPE. Not happy with myself this morning.

JFT Monday: Disassociate, disassociate, disassociate. Until I get this right, this is my only goal.
  • Bex953172
    Options
    WR50 wrote: »
    JFT Sunday: Disassociate from the part of my brain that is pushing me to binge. I let it take over last night. NOPE. Not happy with myself this morning.

JFT Monday: Disassociate, disassociate, disassociate. Until I get this right, this is my only goal.

The first day is always the hardest!!
    You can do it!!
  • WR50
    Options
    Thank-you @Bex953172. I have been struggling with this for so long it feels like it is a part of my genetic code.
  • skymningen
    skymningen Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    skymningen wrote: »
    1) Write something for the book chapter. :(I just could not wrap my head around the topic all day.
    2) Take pre-cut melon pieces to work. Do not forget in the morning! :)I did that. Yummy snack!
    3) Take treat to work? Did not do that, and it's okay.
    4) Go to the talk at 2 pm. And work after it from home. :)Better: Went there and back to work.
    5) Take it as it will be. I guess I did that
    6) Have a lunch break, even though the schedule is tight. :sNope. Not really, unless you count the commute to the talk.

I am now running on 11 hours at work, no real lunch break (eating in front of the screen). I wrote some stuff for my thesis... I did not hear anything from the fellowship people. I mean, interviews are in about a month. They need to give people time to take at least two days off work and book plane tickets and stuff. I was expecting it so much today. I even checked my junk mail and then, although I was scared, logged into the system to see the status of my application is still "submitted". Not even processed? Drowned myself in work instead, which is probably better than drowning myself in sweets.

Just for tomorrow:
    1) Go to the dermatologist and get a reasonably close appointment for the procedure.
    2) Do not stress out about the fellowship.
    3) Lunch downtown with friends
    4) Work on book chapter finally. Or I am doomed.
    5) Fetch lunch for the rest of the week from freezer in the evening
    6) Go to gym
  • mytime6630
    mytime6630 Posts: 4,221 Member
    Options
    Will post more later -- but --- going to watch the eclipse!! We live very close to 100%, but we are just going to watch from our patio - which is about 99.8%. So cool! You can just see a small "bite" out of the sun now! Have my glasses :)
  • Bex953172
    Options
    Thank-you @Bex953172. I have been struggling with this for so long it feels like it is a part of my genetic code.

I know the feeling lol!
    I can't seem to drink much at all! I'm always trying to drink more water but my body is just like " noooo thanks!"
  • mytime6630
    Options

I understand all to well what you are going through! I did well for about 5 days last week, only to have 2 really bad days. Binging is so hard to overcome -- but you are not alone! We can do this together -- keep posting on here! To me, it does help. Having said that, don't beat yourself up this morning. Today is a new day!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    joan6630 wrote: »
    Will post more later -- but --- going to watch the eclipse!! We live very close to 100%, but we are just going to watch from our patio - which is about 99.8%. So cool! You can just see a small "bite" out of the sun now! Have my glasses :)

Would you mind getting a piccy for me as well!!
  • mytime6630
    Options

YES ---- We are going to try!! Pretty awesome! We have the TV on also. We were going to drive 10 miles to see total, but traffic supposedly is a nightmare - everyone in town. So watching from our patio!
  • Bex953172
    Options

YES ---- We are going to try!! Pretty awesome! We have the TV on also. We were going to drive 10 miles to see total, but traffic supposedly is a nightmare - everyone in town. So watching from our patio!

I can imagine lol! You've not had a total eclipse for 99 years!!
  • Bex953172
    Options
    The bloody eclipse was so hard to live stream due to it being at totality at different places!!

I just caught it literally by 30 seconds in Beatrice, NE? Don't know where that is :sweat_smile:
  • WR50
    Options
    Thanks for the support @joan6630 :)