WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,029 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Talking about catching colds or worse things from students or kiddos, it does worry me. I have built up some immunity and is so important to eat right and exercise to stay strong. I bet I would be walloped if I were in a situation like machka, I don't know how you handle an ever changing international student population.

NYKAREN

Unfortunately, so far, I "handle it" by just getting sick every year. My husband made the comment the other day that ever since I started taking classes at the university, I get sick each semester. He put it down to stress, and that might contribute, but I suspect that being crammed into classrooms with 100+ people who have just arrived off flights from all over Asia might have something to do with it. All you need is one who picked something up somewhere ...

The other thing is that quite a number of my coworkers travel for business or personal reasons. I came back from Canada via Sydney in mid July, and I know there have been others who have been over to the mainland through the Melbourne or Sydney airports. Those are busy airports, and again, all there needs to be is one person carrying something ...

BTW - it's 10:20 pm down here on Wednesday night. If all goes well, I'll be going to bed in a couple hours. :)

M in Oz
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Hi Joyce! Having trouble sleeping also
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Sharon thanks so much on the ornaments.

Sending good thots that your back feels better and on the work front. <3

Janetr okc
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    Damnit actually we do have AAA for our bikes, I still walk the bike for the calorie burn :0)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,618 Member
    Options
    Had another flat yesterday, two in a row, no flat today, crossing my fingers
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Thanks Machka. That is really good to know and helps to ease my stress about it.
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Terry in VT, Welcome to a terrific group of supportive, encouraging ladies. I'm now 67 (68 in November). I lost 125# almost four years ago using bariatric surgery as a tool. I know exactly what you're talking about and going through. Yes, I have some baggy skin, but not anywhere near as bad as I was fearing. I have ugly legs and arms and had not worn shorts nor short sleeves in years. So actually my clothes really cover up everything I don't want seen. I too hated exercise, my knees were horrible. Since the weight loss I have had both knees replaced and can truly say I don't mind exercising. I've made it a habit, includied in my daily routine. I'm retired and I realize working a job does tend to present a challenge time wise. It sounds like you have made a life changing decision and moving forward with your plan. This is a healthy lifestyle, not a diet. Hang in there and hooray for you. Come back often and get to know us and us you. :)

Janetr okc
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,384 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    they fired the boss that was firing people, she came back from vaca and BAM! she was let go.

WOW, exciting day at work! Did you ever move downstairs?

Lanette
  • OregonMother
    OregonMother Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    pipcd34 wrote: »
    they fired the boss that was firing people, she came back from vaca and BAM! she was let go.

WOW!!!

Felicia
  • langman22
    langman22 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Hi Paula, sounds like you are off to a great start. Great ways to exercise! Terry
  • josephinebowman
    josephinebowman Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Oh goodness, I was talking to the boy just yesterday about needing flu shots. Sorry to hear you are under that flu.
    In Oklahoma traveling? Eat salsa at Mexico Joe's if you go to Stillwater.
    Paula-diabetes is nasty. Do what you must to beat it.
    Howdy all. Off to mow-what else do I ever seem to do. No clouds here but forecast said THUNDERSTORM. Ha, we will see.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3