WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,700 Member
    Options
    Heather dont you and the Hubby look wonderful...
    Lenora~ I keep all my bills on the quicken program, Tom at least did that for me, so if he starts anything I have proof and its backed up. now if I cant use the texts and emails, all I have to do is show that I transferred money into the joint account for electric,internet phone , everything.. now that he no longer has a car payment. then there is more money going into his account. Chevy Volt is an electric car Lenora, so now we both have cars that are paid off, he did give me the paperwork that the attorney and judge asked for. so I will make a copy for myself and the other copy will go to my attorney.
    Still trying to work on the condo thing.. went online and found out the name of the owner and would like to write him a nice note..
  • lhannon062709
    lhannon062709 Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    B)
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    GLORIA - where did you get zucchini bake recipe?

HEATHER - great photos

Kate UK
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,208 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Had a lovely sunny day walking around Rønne on the Danish island of Bornholm. Originally a fishing village, in the war it was occupied by the Germans and then, three weeks before the war ended, badly bombed by the Russians and occupied by them until 1946. So sad seeing the exhibits in the museum. In the cold war, because it was so close to Poland and East Germany, some people used it as an escape route. Very dangerous because of watch towers on the beaches.

The costumes and clocks from bygone years were fascinating. Apparently a ship, carrying a consignment of English clocks, was shipwrecked on the beach and the islanders took it upon themselves to repair them. All self taught. They got so good at it they started to make the clocks and their cases themselves. Extremely collectable now of course. :o

We also went to the ceramics museum. With a local source of clay they have long been manufacturing pots. There was a historical exhibition and we saw people making them. Beautiful things and very expensive, not the usual tourist tat. We bought a medium sized bowl, chestnut brown matte glaze on the outside and a blue/grey lustre on the inside. (I adore ceramics)

Mia - It's Saga. There are two dedicated ships and others they lease. They are currently building a new, 1,000 passenger one in Wismar, where we dock tomorrow. We like our small one, but sadly they are scrapping it in 2019. The last cruise to South Africa, is already fully booked - 8 weeks! The company does cruises and tours for the over 50s, including river cruises.
    We have one more cruise booked for next June, in the same cabin. B) Islands of Bothnia. Norway, Sweden, Finland and Germany.
    We will try Saga Sapphire after that, another smaller one, to see if we like it.

I've walked around for three and a half hours today. :o:Do:)

Lots of love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    glo I definitely want your recipe for the zucchini feta bake, Love that flavor combo--I will not be able to read it today--liquid prep day--but I can dream about making it tomorrow! And yes, can't wait for school to begin--teachers like getting back into the classroom as much as families are happy to get their kiddos back to school.

Heather love the captain pic--happy memories.

Today will be a day to purge/shred old paperwork and start making positive goals for the "new" year. September is a happy new year experience for me-clean slate in so many areas.

NYKAREN
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Allie - Sorry you can't use the 'texts' and 'pictures'. But, maybe your attorney could let him know how his attorney acted. Unprofessionally late should not be tolerated. So, I take it that they attorneys are working on a more 'permanent settlement'. Will you get one of the paid off vehicles? Something else to think about, getting your own vehicle insurance. A little here and there, money tends to trickle away quickly. Need to write out of list of what your expenses will be (estimate if you must). Other than an apartment, they (utilities/phone service) would probably charge a 'hookup' fee. So much to 'think' about so making lists will help with the 'fog' you'll have and then be able to voice your 'need to have', etc.

Proud of you and what you've done ... at least the Judge knows what TomCat and his attorney have pulled in the past. I'm sure that your attorney made that well known, in case he doesn't show up to other hearings or court dates.

Got my car back yesterday, yeah!!!! Looks wonderful!

Lenora
  • Peach1948
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Josephine ~ Cute rock! I got my GD (turning 6) a frog rock to paint kit and I know she will love it as she has always been interesting in painting, coloring, etc. Also got her a kit for making a stained looking glass butterfly.

Heather ~ What a handsome couple y'all are! :)

NY Karen ~ It seems like you just got out of school for the summer and now you are going back. My DnL got out at the end of May and went back at the end of July. Still time to take the grands swimming after school. But, they are all so busy with activities and lots of rain that they can't go as often as they like.

Karen in VA ~ What a wonderful childhood to have been exposed to such talented people. Your mom must have been very talented too.

Going for my first physical therapy this afternoon for the knee. Got a cortisone shot yesterday. Doc allowed me a temporary handicap pass so when I go for jury duty I might be able to park close to the courthouse. Doc would not sign the paper to get me out of it....he said I was not disabled. LOL! There were so many people on crutches and walkers and wheel chairs in the waiting room, I guess I can see why he would think that.

Carol in GA
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,865 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Mid-month Review
    Review ... (Distances include cycling + walking)
    Aug 2015: 211.3 km (131.3 miles) = 28 hours 8 min
    Aug 2016: 775.9 km (482.1 miles) = 54 hours 52 minutes

August 1 - 4.7 km (55 min) walking + 12 flights of stairs (9 min)
    August 2 - 5.4 km (65 min) walking + 20 flights of stairs (16 min)
    August 3 - 3.3 (41.25 min) walking + 14.25 km (45 min) cycling indoors + 14 flights of stairs (11 min)
    August 4 - 1.80 (22.50 min) walking
    August 5 - 121.00 km (382.11 min) cycling outside ... hilly and strenuous partially gravel ride. Tough tough ride.
    August 6 - 1.6 km (20.00 min) walking
    August 7 - 5.20 km (65 min) walking + 5 flights of stairs (4 min)

Blech ... ill. Coughing, sore throat, no voice ...

August 8 - 0
    August 9 - 0
    August 10 - 0
    August 11 - 0

August 12 - 1.0 km (12.50 min) walking
    August 13 - 52.60 km (166.11 min) cycling outside. Much nicer ride than last week.
    August 14 - 3.10 km (38.75 min) walking + 23 km (54 min) spinning class
    August 15 - 4.50 km (56.25 min) walking
    August 16 - 1.40 km (17.50 min) walking

2017 Monthly August
    Walking Distance (km): 32.0
    Walking Time (min): 400.0
    Cycling Distance (km): 210.9
    Cycling Time (min): 647.2
    Stairs Climbed Number: 51.0
    Stairs Climbed Time (min): 40.8

Totals
    Total Distance (km): 242.9
    Total Distance (miles): 150.9
    Total Time (min): 1088.0
    Total Time (hr): 18:08:01
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    O
  • Peach1948
    Options
    Mary ~ So good to hear from you. I hope you get good news about your Lyme's disease recheck. It seems like you are working your tail off to get the RV and your house in shape. Good luck. I would never have the energy to get all that done.
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    Lenora LOL
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Mary <3