WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2017

Options

Replies

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Vicki sending ((( <3 )))) and strength your way. Glad you're back posting.

Tomorrow's my all liquid prep day---of course just saying that makes me hungry!!! Colonoscopy is first thing Thursday a.m.

My tomato plants were so productive this year, how I wanted to have some with salad but no veg allowed today :(
    I turned them into a big batch of marinara. Will enjoy it on Friday!
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,051 Member
    Options
    (((Vicki)))
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    N
  • IremiaRe
    IremiaRe Posts: 801 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Hello, Cat-Loving Cuties!

I am loving all the animal pictures... and the baby pictures... and the travel pictures... and the pictures of all of YOU.

Not much going on, for me – Busy at work, taking care of DH, exercising and trying to keep the calories on track.

It seems like I have been struggling for every pound under 200 – so, today, I bit the bullet and recalculated my calories... 1500 is the new benchmark. Like Heather, I opt to eat more, and exercise to keep within Cico. Hain’t no good to be on a diet you won’t stick to... so – exercise, it is.

Of course, there are bennies that come with that – like muscles and stuff – so, that’s all good. I am still tracking my goals weekly – although I fail now and again on the strength training or planks, I have managed to meet the calories under part, every week... so, yay me. I am going to fail ST again, this week – because it rained all weekend, I couldn’t mow the lawn until this morning... when I would normally have gone to the gym. Burned plenty of calories doing yard maintenance – but didn’t get any proper strength training done.

August Goals for the week 8/13 – 8/19
    400 calories under budget 5X: OOOXX
    Weights/Abdominals 3X: OOO
    Planks 3X: OOO

Dorrie – So sorry, Sweetie. "Waste" all the time grieving that you need... I was a bit worried when Mr. Toad chose your food for you at Panda... but, I was hoping I was wrong. (Hugs!) It's good that you have banned him from your life... anybody who acts like that the day after a person dies is probably a sociopath.

Wendy – gratz on the new squishy!

Marti – glad you’re back.

Allie - Karma is beautiful, ain't it? TomCat is all pumped up with nowhere to go... Gratz on the temporary alimony. The sooner you are away from him, the better. (Hugs!)

Kelly – TOM makes me want to eat EVERY bad thing... Hugs!

Heather – LOVE your travelogue – keep it coming! Some of us have to travel vicariously. Hugs!

Lenora – Happy 45th!

Vicki – HUGS! Don’t stress too much about the weight – you have a lot to worry about.

I have to run – still a lot to get done before I leave work... DH is on dinner patrol... *sighs* Macaroni and cheese with turkey sausage. Thankfully, I was aware of the menu plan before I left the house – so lunch was nice and low cal/high protein. Love me some Greek yogurt! So, I should still meet my calories-under goal for today. Whoot!

And, I don’t have to cook dinner... that rocks.

Hugs for everybody!

Re in TX
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,822 Member
    Options
    :)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

**new wahoo hrm :0) **

apple watch-

bike ride hm 2 gym- 11.58min, 136mhr, 14.7mph. 2.9mi = 140c
    apple watch- 104c
    Plyometrics exercises- 20min, 1set of 20ea, burpees, squats, squats w/jump, single leg toe touches, ceiling to fl single leg touches hamstring leglifts, push-ups, all 4's elbow to knee, reverse bicycles, leg lifts, pelvic lifts, crunches, sit-ups, on butt-knees to chest, on side, leg lifts, l shape, on side, leg lifts, to back, on side, leg lift, inner 139mhr = 108c
    apple watch- 108c
    ROPE PULL- 10min, topset, lvl7, 93ftpmin, 895ft 108mhr = 62c
    single leg squats- 7min, 10sets of 5, ea leg = 20c
    apple watch, for both- 105c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.38min, 140mhr, 15amph, 1.4mi = 57c
    apple watch- 47c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn station- 12.58min, 151hr, 13.8amph, 3mi = 140c
    apple watch- 121c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.58min, 135ahr, 150mhr, 9.46min mi, .5mi = 67c
    apple watch- 57c
    jog wk 2 sta- 4.50min, 10.25min mi, 152mhr, .4mi = 62c
    apple watch- 55c
    bike dome 2 hm- 17.59min, 8.7amph, 152mhr, 2.6mi = 184c
    apple watch- 152c

total cal 820
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,337 Member
    Options
    My long post disappeared! Vanished, poof. Here's the quick version- who knows, the long one might still show up!

Vicki - ((HUGS))) sending an Angel to wrap you in his safe and loving wings so you can catch your breath! o:) So sad about your son. Come here any time you need to!

Michele
    - I admire you for always getting in a workout on your busy, busy days! What will you do to fill your time once the wedding is over and the favors are done? I also cannot believe the shower MIL insists on having. Holy smokes! I'm surprised you aren't on ten kinds of headache pills!

Becca - when does DS arrive and how long will he be visiting? Love the rocks and what a shame they are banned in some places. Bureaucrats. UGH!

Barbie - I'm sure you'll be glad to have the patio done. Nice when things work out quicker than anticipated!

Dorrie
    - hope you get your Nana's chair OK. I know what you mean about keeping your dad's scent. I'm sure he's always with you. Thank you for giving us entertainment with the Mr. Toad story! The colonoscopy prep kind of made me go "huh?" but then I thought perhaps he had retired from the medical field. But the clinker was when he wanted you to eat veggies at Panda's after not eating anything substantial for a day. I sent a virtual frying pan flying toward his head. I don't know about you, but I'd have been craving some mighty fine carbs about then and would have done some hand-to-hand combat for a little Debbie or two. >:)

RE- glad you popped in and keep working your plan! It's second nature to you, I know. You've come a long way, baby!

OK gals that's all I can recollect. Hugs all around! <3

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ⚓⚓⚓⚓
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,917 Member
    Options
    :)<3Dorrie, Consider going to see your family in a few weeks rather than now. So often everyone gathers immediately and then suddenly the family is alone

<3 Barbie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,867 Member
    Options
    Heather - I have not had a vacation for 10 years. I love your travel logs. This trip seems amazing. Thank you so much for sharing.

I'd go insane if I were forced to go 10 years without a vacation. Practically hyperventilating just thinking about that possibility!

I've long suspected that I must have a bit of nomad or gypsy in me. I get edgy if I go 6 weeks without travelling somewhere. We take as many long weekends and weeks off as possible.

• tngram2seven
    tngram2seven Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Hi, Vicki - so glad you are posting. So sorry about your recent losses.

Re - Love your comment about Tomcat!

KLanders - My hubby is doing the same as you. Prep tomorrow and colonoscopy on Thursday am.

Pip - Go, girl, go!

Toni in Middle Tennessee (Where the average cost of a room for the Eclipse tourists in $800/night and it might be rainy on Monday!!!)
  • Machka9
    Options
    Well Meg, I have to be honest with you. I have no idea! I see pictures on Facebook and I click & save them. These are from sites where they have taken them from some other site. So I can't authenticate it if I wished to!

Just a reminder that photos do fall under copyright law, so it is always a good idea to give credit to the photographer if you're going to "publish" them on a public website like this. Lots of people are either not aware of this or simply forget. :)

• Machka9
    Options
    jmkmomm wrote: »
    Just watched last nights So you think you can dance. Most of those styles I would never pay to see performed but yet I can't take my eyes off of them while they are dancing. I felt so sorry for the one that was eliminated tonight. Some one always has to be the first.

Sadly, we don't get that show here in Australia anymore. Apparently none of the song and dance shows were getting the ratings so they dropped them all.

• Machka9
    Options
    Starting to come alive again after being sick for the past week. Australia has been hit by a bad flu/cold outbreak this year. My office has been decimated ... it's like a ghost town in here. So my husband and I were in good company with our illnesses.
    http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/australia-hit-by-worst-flu-outbreak-on-record-in-2017/news-story/56d9f7266bcc8a0a7ceacd5298e06d88

And I must be feeling better because I am feeling more enthusiastic about exercise again!

I am sort of in maintenance, although I wouldn't mind dropping to the low end of my normal BMI range by summer. I have gotten down there now and then over the years, but normally sit somewhere in the middle of my normal BMI range ... which is where I am now.

However, it is a bit of a balancing act between losing weight and cycling long distances. When I cycle long distances, I usually increase the amount I'm eating a few days before the event, during the event, and for a few days after the event.

That's not so bad if it is an isolated event, as they were in 2015 when I was when I was actively losing weight, but this year we are doing a minimum of one 100-mile event (century) in a day each month in what is called a CAM-Challenge (Century-A-Month Challenge). And often, we've done longer events (200 km and 300 km).

So I eat in deficit for a couple weeks ... then maintenance for about a week, then surplus for a week ... then back into deficit again. And repeat.

The result is ... I don't lose weight.

Starting near the beginning of September, my plan is to tighten up my deficits a bit with the hope of dropping enough to get into some of my summer dresses again. :)

And I am really looking forward to summer ... so much. I do not like winter and cold weather!! :frowning: Part of the reason I moved from Canada to Australia was for the warm weather. And then we moved to Tasmania. Wrong state to choose if you're looking for warmth! However, summers here are warmer than it is now and at this point, I'll take anything warmer than it is now. :) Thankfully, spring is only a couple weeks away. :)

Machka in Oz
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Happy Birthday Dear Carol!!!

Dorrie Condolences on your losses. Although I am a bit relieved about Mr. Handsome...my Spidey Sense was telling me he was monopolizing an awful lot of your time and might not turn out to be a healthy choice for you...I am glad you found out sooner rather than later! I hope he doesn't bug you now.

Karen in Virginia

• GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS
    GRITSandSLUTSandWINOS Posts: 2,573 Member
    Options
    Rye: Yep; been married to him long than the first 2 combined. Second was short, just between 2 people who did not like ‘coming home to an empty house’.

Sue – Shingles can ‘rear its ugly’ head at any time. Stress can bring it up. They recommend getting the “Shingles vaccine’ to try to ‘lessen any further breakouts’. I know Will had an awful break-out. He could not be around Tami’s daughter because she had never had the chickenpox and could catch them from her; but, that the other way around if she had had chickenpox and he had also had them. But, that also could have brought about a bad breakout. I have this one place on the edge of my chin, which starts off rough, and then there will be one bump that I tend to pick at, so I have to wear a Band-Aid to keep from making it bleed.

Dorrie – My Mother kept telling the ladies at the A.L.F., she lived in that ‘she kept seeing the gates opening and closing’; but, was not ready to ‘fly away’. When my Dad died, my Mother had been taking a nap and suddenly woke up and went to the ‘little’ hospital in the county. The nurses were in there cleaning him up and tried to keep her out. She told them that she ‘knew’ he was dead and wanted them to ‘get out and leave her alone with him. She said he had the most peaceful look on his face.

Chris – Some states make a person pay into the court … they don’t allow it to be paid directly. Such as FL when my DH got divorced from his 1st wife and paid C/S. Works for both side; they keep a record in the event of a ‘she said, he said’. When he pays you, for you protection as well as his … make he give you a ‘check’ … if it bounces then you can have his @$$ put in jail. IF he gives you ‘cash’ … have him ‘sign’ a carbon copy receipt and keep the book. That’s one thing that did not happen when DDnL#1 decided that she’ be the ‘go between’ when it came to DOS paying child support. He’d write out the check; but, the his ‘ex’ would talk DDnL#1 into ‘going and cashing it for her, because she did not have a ‘bank’ account’. When he got custody of her … he had to ‘prove’ that he had actually paid her. When the judge found out that she had offered to basically ‘sell her daughter’ to DOS, he told her, then whatever you say he is behind, then that will be ‘ticked’ off monthly against C/S I would be ordering you to pay him. She lost out on the money, and DOS never asked her for any money. I think he would have had 2 months that he could have asked that she ‘pay up’; but, he was just glad to get her ‘out of his hair’.
    In GA, the one paying for C/S can’t get behind very much and ‘garnishing’ their wages (depending on their ‘lot in life’) quite often just made them ‘quit their job’. An employer cannot ‘fire’ someone for having his ‘wages’ garnished and here C/S goes straight to the top of the line and they garnish 25% of the wages. That can really make their lives miserable. Hopefully, you won’t have to go that route. Just ‘don’t allow him to try to stall’ or pay in ‘in kind’. He owes you the money regardless of what else he might buy or pay for you. You need to be the one who is ‘in control’ of that $225 a week. It is ‘your’ living expenses that come out of it.
    We’ll have a ‘wonderful’ time … The next day we’ll be going to see Will and his family.
    I’m glad that Dorrie found out, quickly about Mr. H. (Narcisistic personality). I did not have good feelings about it either. But, did not want to be an ‘alarmist’. He might have been a real Gigalo and could have really made things difficult if he had weaseled his way into her ‘personal’ info. I think I would be tempted to get on the program of the 3 credit unions and make sure that she locks up her information, so he cannot use any information he might have seen when he went with her to the hospital for some ‘shady business’. Going to a hospital is one way that people get their ID (used) … or worse (stolen).

Michele – How did Denise meet Pete in the first place? You had said that he did not have very much of a ‘get-up-and-go’ and that you were surprised they had ‘fallen in love’. Maybe you and Vince need to go up (prior to the wedding) and bring up ‘how y’all had brought her up and what y’all had ‘expected’ out of her … maybe getting her to open up. She might feel that ‘everything has been set in place’ and she feels she had no other opportunity that to ‘keep quiet and go through with it’. Get her to talk about ‘how she feels about Maria’ … but try to get her to ‘get into the conversation first’. Maybe then you could tell her ‘how things might be after they get married, if she is into their relationship this much and they are not even married yet’. If Pete cannot stand up to his mother now; it will not get any easier once they marry. Louis and I were brought up with the same sort of ideals and morals; so we were not all that different and both sets of parents let us know nicely that we were married, and we needed to ‘figure out’ how to handle things and they’d be there if we ever needed to talk about ‘how to do something’. They would give us several options. That is what my parents did bringing us up. We had very ‘few’ rules to follow; and, we knew what would happen ‘if’ broke curfew, got caught in a lie, or a couple of other things. But, we knew what was ‘expected’ out of us … that was to ‘do our best’. We were not ‘perfect’; but, we were allowed to make choices. Started ‘picking’ out what we’d wear and a say in ‘what we liked in the way of clothes’ and Mother would break out 3 outfits and we felt ‘grown up’ because we felt like we had choices. Of course, my older sisters had to wear ‘hats’ at Easter … I never got old enough to wear one … thankfully they had gone ‘out of style’ for a child to wear them. I remember the last one my middle sister wore and she was ‘right’ it was UGLY!!!!! My Mother was ‘always’ a big hat wearer.
    We had dachshunds growing up (well, she did). One day she came home, after leaving him at home alone, she came home to find a ‘new’ red feather hat torn up and the feathers all over the house.

Michele – Yes, Mother was at all my showers, and/or luncheons. I went home and stayed 6 weeks before the wedding. Louis would come down on the weekends. Lordy, that was hard, I missed him so much. How did Denise get 10 hours away from y’all, did she leave to go off to school or something? Knowing Maria … she’ll want them to ‘have a baby’ as soon as possible. Someone she can ‘train up’ in the way she wanted to do … good grief if she has a girl.
    Yes, I grew up in a small town, so everybody ‘knew’ one another … at least I ‘thought they did’; but, being the ‘baby’ in the family of an attorney who was in practice longer than others in town. I felt like ‘others were watching out for us’. Daddy bought all 3 of us ‘clunkers’ to drive. Ones that were ‘very noticeable’ … I named mine the “Blue Bomb”. It ran, had a working radio and heater, everything else was standard. I’ve checked with Replacements, Inc., several times. It is just a matter of getting the ‘price’ I need for the extra salad plates to buy the other pieces I need to make the 6-place settings. Dinner plate, cup & saucer, and bread plate. I might check into selling some of my crystal … I got 12 place settings of everything but one. I look at some of the things I received as a bride in the early 70’s and so much of it I could ‘easily’ get rid of. I think we have boxes that are still ‘packed up’ from when we moved out here that we have not gone through. There has to be one we haven’t looked through because I still have not been able to find my “Chinese Warrior.” I am pretty sure if I find the box, I will find a ring I have also been missing. Thanks for the ‘happy, happy’!!!!

I dated a boy during the summer prior to the Fall of my first year off at college. I got ‘fearful’ of them because I was old enough to buy ammunition for his Dad’s pistol, he wasn’t. I did not want to go buy any more … I was ready to go home, he pointed it at me … needless to say I got my @$$ home pronto. Never told him where we had an apartment. He ‘followed’ us up there. I would not see him, he’d watch our apartment all the time. The one time he came into the ‘deli’ I worked at, I had to get my boss to make him ‘leave’. He finally took a ‘hike’ … he would have been very possessive and probably abusive.

Joyce – That’s the reason the “Tiger” will always be a “Cheeter” … Spots never change. Why would a woman who is cheating with a man behind his wife’s back, think he will ‘love’ her and never do the same to her? But, like my DH has always told our boys, ‘you can NOT keep 2 women ‘happy’ at the same time. If there is another man, back off … don’t want to be ‘dead’.

Josephine – I have to laugh when people talk about ‘lawyers’ … ‘considered to be scum-sucking bottom feeders’; then, there are ‘attorneys’ … sort of ‘command’ more respect because they normally have ‘more class’ than the run of the mill ‘lawyer’ … they are the ones they make ‘jokes’ about.

Allie – Don’t look at it as ‘breaking any rules’ … you just need to find out every ‘trick’ or ‘loop hole’ that benefits you. He’d get a ‘write off’ on ‘alimony’ … you’d end up paying the taxes … so that is why I was suggesting you ask your attorney ‘if’ it could be ‘called a settlement’ … so that ‘he’ would be the one responsible. My sister went back and forth with her DH who had a ‘double major’ … law degree and CPS license. She told him that he would either have to ‘pay’ her taxes …, pay more so that she could put the ‘extra’ up to ‘pay taxes’ so that she would ‘net’ a certain amount … or it could be called a ‘settlement’ … and he paid her (after his C/S obligation ended) as ‘alimony’ … called ‘settlement’, therefore he could not ‘claim it as a deduction’ on his taxes. Federal taxes would be consistent throughout the USA; but, then ‘state’ taxes vary from state-to-state. FL doesn’t have any ‘state income taxes’. Georgia does.

KJ – Thanks! We are getting close to that ½-century mark. But, I think it is still a ‘strong’ marriage to have lasted this long. I sure put him through a lot over the years and he has been a real “Trooper.’

Margaret – We have a ½ bath and the tank is leaking (small hairline crack in tank). When we can afford a ‘new’ toilet, I have already told Louis that I want one of the high ones, like they had in the handicapped stalls. I also have a step-stool to put my feet up on … I wasn’t aware of the ‘squat’ position. Of course, between my first son’s birth and the birth of our 2nd one, 27 months later … they did not do all the ‘crapola’ they did the first time. It was a much easier delivery and he was bigger than my first one. I bend over when I ‘hurt’ from constipation. Which basically puts me into a ‘sitting-squatting’ position; but, without the stool, I am ‘in tears’. OK, WTMI. LOL! If you had to hang your butt over the opening or ledge of an ‘outhouse’ … you probably want to make sure you did not ‘fall in’. You were probably up on all fours, too. LOL!!!

Barbie – Our Daddy told each of us that he would write us a check and put the ladder up against our bedroom windows. But, he would have had a ‘stroke’ if he had not taken the position of the ‘proud’ “Father of the Bride.” But, he started drinking before our wedding and I told him I would get my Uncle to give me away if he did not STOP it! We found bottles all over the place. I knew his hiding spots from HS. He kept going outside and I went ‘ballistic’ on him when I saw him laying down for a sip in the car … I went out and threw the bottle across the side street and warned him, that when 3 o’clock came … he better be ‘sober’ and he was.

Lisa – THANKS! That’s one I have never heard before. Like 50 bristles short of a brush.
    Mother had a phone in her room at the A.L.F., so we could call and talk to her; after she passed away, I would pick up the phone and just before it ‘might’ have started ringing … I’d slam it down. My middle sister did the same thing.
    My GYN had a woman, must have been a sadist or whatever … person who enjoys other’s pain. She squeezed my so hard that I thought they were going to pop. I was in tear by the time I got to his office. I told him she was unbearable rough. He sort of ‘brushed it off’ . I said, it hurt so damn bad … I think YOU need to go over and have you penis smushed between the two plates and see how ‘rough’ she is. Apparently, I was not the only one who complained. She wasn’t there very long. They do 2x as many shots of mine because both my sisters have had breast cancer.

Some places only allow you to garnish for C/S arrearages. C/S, taxes, and student loans are the only 3 things you cannot ‘bankrupt’ against. You’ll get a few months relief on one or two of them; but, C/S HAS to be paid … you cannot afford to get behind on that.
    Feel free to use the phrase. I’ve known quite a few people in my life that met/meet that description.
    Someone mentioned that they husband went to sleep (and snored) but that he complained about be ‘tired’ the next day … ‘not sleeping’ … I would recommend a ‘sleep study’ to make sure there isn’t some ‘sleep apnea’ going on … whether you spouse ‘snores’ or they tell you ‘that you do’.
    It is the ‘best’ sleep, to sleep with a Cpap. Awkward, not very ‘sexy’; but, the sleep is ‘great’!

Carol – Cracker thinks her flea, tick, and heartworm medications are ‘treats’.

Someone posted on FB a picture of a ‘potato peeler’ and asked who knew what it was (asking for the younger people) … It is a ‘potato’ peeler, a ‘carrot scraper’ and it will work on a peach, too!!! So much better than trying to grab hold of a juicy peach and cut the ‘fuzz/skin’ of one. I was ‘thrilled’ … I love peaches (but a little on the ‘green’ side). Unfortunately, the South Georgia peaches did not get the rain and cool weather this year at the right time to produce many peaches. In fact, we rode by a few groves, that ‘looked’ dead the last time we went to Macon (when normally, they would have leaves). The last time, they finally had leaves … but few peaches. So I am getting enough to have one a day when I find them in the store.
    Hopefully, when we get back from LA, the pears will begin to be dropping. While they are a P.I.T.A. to peel and cut up … we are out of pear conserves, or ‘candied’ pears.

Becca – I took some large flat rock (palm-size) and heated them up in the over and them took crayons and melted them on them. I had a small bag of small flat rocks; but, that technique did NOT work with them. I think it was because they were too smooth. I’m going to go by Lowe’s and see if I can buy some palm-sized flat rocks. I think I understand what I am doing on those. The other ones were the ‘biggest’ mess I have made in quite a while. Louis was particularly ‘pleased’ about it. Some are very usual, so I will take them when I go to the MD on Thursday and drop a few around the walking patch.

Allie – ALWAYS keep ‘good records’ of what TomCat ‘pays’ you as well as what he ‘gives’ you. Above what he is ‘ordered’ to give you as ‘alimony’/settlement … that would be ‘considered’ GIFTS. But, with what you have said about TomCat … he isn’t going to be giving any gifts. Oh, so he is paying off his Camaro … what is a Volt? How do you know there is $5000 left over? Is that what he is saying will be left over after he pays off the Camaro, or are you getting the ‘paid off’ Camaro? It going to be very important for you to make out a budget. Detailing every dime you have to spend … rent, utilities, phone, car payment, car insurance, hair, nails, and food … everything you have to spend down to the last penny. It will probably take you a good 3 months before you know when your money comes in and what bills you have to pay when. Most companies will work with you about changing due dates. Oh, and don’t forget … you can correct on TomCat’ SS – which should pay you more … when the time comes. My sister collects on her ‘ex’ husband’s and ‘too bad’ if his present wife won’t get the ‘full meal’ deal. You might want to ask your attorney if y’all can make TomCat carry and keep in full force and effect, a ‘life insurance policy on his life’ naming you as the sole ‘beneficiary’ to ‘fund’ the alimony payments should he drop dead in the next few years. I know that was one thing we made ‘Daddies’ do to ‘fund’ C/S payments if he should predecease the Mommies.

Dorrie – Louis and I say that our décor is “Early Attic, Late Basement” … I think in our home, we have less than 10 items that we bought ‘new’ at a store. So much sentiment and it is almost impossible for me to ‘let it go’. I chose to get Mimi’s “Hoosier Kitchen Cabinet” when she move to Forsyth from Marietta. She could not understand why I would want that big old ugly thing. It was painted white when they bought it from Sears when setting up housekeeping. The only thing missing is the sugar bin … had ants all the time. But, Louis stripped it and it is gorgeous. Both my sisters have wanted it since. Of course this year (and last) the 7-ft. tall macramé Christmas tree my Mother made was something they wanted after they saw how I had pushed lights through it. “Sorry, ladies, y’all had the same chance to get it as I did.” We all got 4 chairs to the dining room table; and, we did ‘trade off’ with Suzanne so she’d have the entire set. She got the table that could seat 2 – 12. Margaret looked like a ‘gypsy’ on her way back down to Miami.
    My cousin only wanted the ‘tea pitcher’ that Mimi had and it was cracked. But, that was the one thing she remembered. Mimi would always have pralines and divinity laid out on it, the table – anywhere she had a flat spot.
    Have you thought about finding someone who could make a quilt out of his T-shirts as a throw or something?

Toni – Thank you.

I don’t think Allie can garnish his wages unless he is ‘in arrears’ either. It’s a fairly tedious process and the employers ‘hate them’.

I remember when I was potty training my boys, the Pediatrician told me to put the on the potty facing the lid, using a stool to climb up; and also for Louis to get involved to show them how to hold it down and shake it ‘dry’. Of course when they were little they did not want to come it.

Vicki – So sorry about you son and his friend. My grandfather and Uncle were killed on the RR tracks that went to the diary, big curve and they (RR) had let the grass take over and there was no way to see down the rails without being on them. We had gone to visit with grandparents (either Thanksgiving or July 4th) for reunion. After lunch kids went outside, the men found any place to take a nap. Train never had a regular time; and, it blaring its horn woke Daddy up and he told my Uncle – ‘we’ve got to go to the dairy, something’s wrong. They got there and both were dead, along with the black man who worked there, plus the 3 dogs in the trunk. My grandmother ‘never’ got over it. My aunt had 2 sons, one a year or so older than me, the other a ‘newborn’.
    Daddy took them to court over their not keeping the grass mowed and took it all the way up to the Supreme Court of the USA. It then became law that they had to mow grass back about a car-1 ½ lengths on both sides.

I haven’t checked for a few days. I know this is long, not proof-read … I’m sleepy and going to bed now!

Lenora
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    Vicki, I am so sorry for what has been going on. You sure have a lot on your plate. Take care my friend.

Michele, is that a wine cork key chain? I'll take the Dove chocolates! But I don't want to end a shower gift. I'm afraid it wouldn't be a good enough gift in Moms eyes.

Wendy,, love your cat. When I first saw the cat Andy you said you had taken a long walk I thought you meant the cat. I have only tried to leash walk one of our cats and was totally unsuccessfull. It was more like dragging cat. And when you adopt from Another Chance for animals, you sign that the cat will be an indoor cat. So I a, content for them to just stay in. But I love a tortie! Mine is darker than yours. Tonight they were on the couch together and each started giving the other a bath. When I see that happening, I try to tell them in a ver soft vice that they are being a good boy or good girl. I have no idea if that works or not but it helps me. But they bathed each other for awhile and then just laid there intertwined for several mixture enough for me to get some good pictures. Melody had a very pleasant look on her face but Mozart had more of a droopy eye I am almost asleep look. But that is the closest they have let each other get for an extended time. Maybe thee is hope for them being friends or at least peacefully living in the house together. Charlie really gets mad when Mozart torments his cat Melody. I never knew Melody was his cat before? But he is very possive about her now if she is being torments by a very p,awful kitten. In adult years Melody is 44 now and she is a lazy cat.

Mozart does realize who is the better pitcher though. When I wad up a piece of paper and throw it, he use t return it to me to throw again. But now he takes it to Charlie! Smart cat! I wouldn't be able to hit a red barn. Charlie was the pict her in high school. Many times he was asked to be the pict hing coach for the girls softball leagues. Oh no, no, no. He expects perfection if you are going to play a sport. 8 year old girls do not know perfection in softball.mall they know that they are wearing a beautiful purple ribbon on their cap and they look cute in their uniforms. Rarely won a game but they looked cute. I had to learn to pay so,e sorts just so I could try to teach the girls. To many argue,Mets and bad feelings on both sides if he tried. Same with learning how t drive. He never took me. I was petrified to drive with him. I will never drive on vacation. Both the girls do and they just tell him to hush up!

When we were both on a bowling league, he usually got a 200 or above. I never even got a 200 for a 3 game score. He expected the Sam kind of play on his team mates. And he hated it that they had to give away the, oh my brain has stopped. Oh, handicap. He hated handicap. They lost games because of losing to a less team than his due to that handicap. Well one year his female team mate quit, my whole team quit and I was left with no team and he had only 3 members. So guess who he had to accept on his team. His team mates made sure he didn't get on me about my bad scores, I loosened up, we got handicap and we took 1st place. He had never got 1st place. 2nd a lot but never the big one! I had a really funny approach to get up to e spot to let go of my ball. The others kind of artistically threw their ball and knew where to place it. I kind of rolled it down the alley. I was a spot bowler where they were pocket bowlers. But the year we got 1st place, I also got women's most improved and he got the men's! So we both gained from having each other on the team. My high score was a 157! I still have that score card in my jewelry box. Our newspaper put high scores and series I the paper every morning for all of the bowling alleys and mine was in there! It was like getting an Olympic medal.

How did I get on that subject?????

I guess this is colonoscopy time. Mine is Sept 11. They had to schedule it after my Effiant was over. My 365 day treatment is over next Tuesday!!!!! Yeah'!!!!!!! I can then go off my Ambien and Narco. Well I can try t go off of it. I don't think I will have any trouble going off the Narco but the Ambiem is different. I like having extra of all our medicine in case of some kind of emergency. So I have at least one months worth on my extra meds box. I can call my doctors office and get a refill on the narco but I am not. I will call them and get their help in getting off the Ambien. I am on the higher dose so I now we can go lower on that. I also take Melatonin and I don't want to increase that dose. If I need, i will try another herb with the doctors OK.

Night night sweet ladies, Joyce, Indiana
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Kate UK <3
  • GloworminWA
    GloworminWA Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I made the Zucchini Parmesan Feta bake tonight and it was so delicious I could have eaten the huge casserole myself - however I held myself back and will have it for lunch tomorrow and will still have another meal. So much more satisfying too when you know the squash came from your own garden!

Went to the Y today and got an orientation on all the machines. Some I will not be able to use due to my knees and some I have trouble getting on and off of due to no strength in my quads but I will persevere! The pools are magically empty - must be a lot of people off on vacation.

I need to use up the rotisserie chicken I got from Costco the other day so will make chicken noodle soup since I have a couple of other carcasses in the freezer and hot chicken sandwiches for the boys.

PT again tomorrow - I'm already feeling stronger and like I can bend my knee more. Unfortunately it still gets locked up or slips but nothing will help that but surgery.

good night my friends -

I hope those of you who will traveling around the Portland area of Oregon and on into WA will keep us in mind for a meet up. I have car will travel!

Gloria in WA where school will not start until Sept 6 and it will be none too soon!school-supplies-smiley-emoticon.gif