Team 20... Team Persistent Determination (closed group)

Options

Replies

• wilsonshome
    wilsonshome Posts: 100
    Options
    For example, I am not supposed to go UNDER 1200, but I was set at 1200... so either I was in a dangerous spot or I was over my calories... I just reset my calories a tiny bit higher and still will run at the same calories + or - 50 as I was, without messing myself up. And remember if you DO go over the calories, you can always exercise and "earn" some extra calories to eat! I hope that helped...

I see, I thought you meant I couldn't exceed my exercise calorie goals not my food calorie goal. I've got it now thanks, :happy:
  • jah1165
    jah1165 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Hi I am Janet I am the mom of 4 and was in pretty good shape until my surprise bundles of joy came late in life, and at the age of 36 I had twins which loaded on a whopping 85 pounds to my 5 ft frame. I nover seemed to be able to lose this weight after the twins were born and 2 yesrs ago I joined weight watchers by myself and finally lost 45 pounds by changing the way I eat . I finally found MFP and I hope that the freindships here will help me stay in shape and keep me motivated to keep going to lose the last of the weight that wont budge. I love to read and run and long time ago had run a couple of marathons and am hoping this challange will pump me up to run longer miles and get back into it.
  • megansmom311
    megansmom311 Posts: 168
    Options
    Hey Team!! My name is Julie. I started here at MFP on April 11 of this year, and I'm so glad I did! I've been struggling with my weight for about the last 11 years, I've tried and failed every diet out there...so my success using MFP has been such a blessing and surprise to myself. I didn't think I would stick with it, but my friends on here have given me such amazing support that's it's impossible to fail. I have a goal to be down to a weight of 200 by my 39th birthday at the end of September (only 14 more pounds to go!) and when I saw this challenge, I knew it was what I needed to help me kick things into high gear. My goal for the end of this challenge is to lose 10 pounds.
    I've been married for 16 years to my best friend Michael, and together we have three beautiful kids, ages 11, 8, and 6. One of my biggest motivations for losing this weight is to be able to keep up with my kids, and to set a good example of a healthy lifestlye for them.
    I'm so glad to be a part of this team!! :flowerforyou:
  • sonybalony
    sonybalony Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    what in the world Up and Downs are!!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/sixpackshortcuts?v=bkD9LwDBWW0&feature=pyv&ad=7237549087&kw=exercise

time frame 1:45 to 2:00 will show you the basic exercise

they are basically squat thrusts with a jump after you stand back up...

Reminder: I need your official start weight either Sunday afternoon or Monday morning. (please message me your stats if you haven't already done so as well)

If you want to post before and after pictures you are more than welcome!

I hope everyone had a great day!!!

Sonia
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    Hi! My CW is 155 lbs. :)
  • cshore54
    cshore54 Posts: 70
    Options
    Hello fellow team members. My name is Chris. I have two grown children and two grandchildren. Looks like I might be the old lady here, but I have plenty of fortitude and spunk:). I have fought a weight problem forever. My highest weight was about 280 pounds. In January of 2010 I decided, after much thought and prayer, that the only way to get the weight off was by having weight loss surgery. During the course of the intensive workup, I was diagnosed with a rare type of cancer with liver metastasis. My life was turned upside down. Then I realized that I do not have time to feel sorry for myself, so decided to really live. Losing the weight, eating healthy and staying strong became very important. I am currently in a study for my chemo and so far the tumors are all stable. So far on my journey, since last August, I have been able to lose 110 pounds, and it has not been easy! One area that I am really lacking in is strength and stamina. That is where this challenge comes in. I have a dream of completing the Princess 1/2 marathon in Disney World in February 2012. Problem is, I don't like physical activity. So here I am, part of a team and I will not let my team members down. Like it or not I will get physical and kick the crap out of August with all of you. Actually I started a running program about a month ago. One week into it I took a pretty bad fall and shattered the bones in my left hand. So right now I am sporting a lovely cast, but at least I can still run. It may sound like I have a dark cloud hanging over my head, but nothing could be further from the truth. I am so happy, excited and just grateful for each day. By profession, I am an RN, working as a supervisor on the night shift. I'm ready to join forces with each of you to make team Persistent Determination a reckoning force! It is wonderful to be part of this team.
  • hadley0910
    hadley0910 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    My name is Ashley and so far I have lost 5 pounds at MFP. I am 5' tall and this morning I weighed in at 130.0. By the end of August I would like to weigh 127. That is my main goal, anything less would be great, but my body gets very comfy at 127 (or at least it used to!) I am a 3rd grade teacher and school starts back tomorrow. I think this challenge is going to be a blessing because typically when the summer is over and stress with school sits in, my exercise time disappears. So my goal for this challenge is to get down to 127 and continue to make time to workout for the entire month.

Good luck to everyone here! I know we can do it!!! :D
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Hi Everybody

Sorry for the delayed reply but just managed to get on a computer. My names Gemma, im 5'9, I live in York (UK) and Im a website/graphic designer.

I have struggled with my weight since i was dianoised with two slipped discs in my back 5 years ago. I used to be a real gym bunny, I mean I pretty much lived there (mainly because if im absolutely honest I was very lonely and had nothing else to do). I wouldnt think twice about doing a 5k run, 45 min spin class then a hour boxercise class one after the other. After I hurt my back I was told to stop all exercise and as I continued to eat what I was eating before i stacked it on, I lost all motivation and confidence.

A few weeks ago I booked my first holiday with my lovely boyfriend and I knew in my current form I would be unhappy in my bikini so it was time to do something about. I was 171lbs when I joined and I am now 165lb I know its not a massive loss so far but my body has changed a lot so im trying to not be too disheartened. As my weight loss is very slow my target for the end of August is 159lbs.

Really looking forward to getting to know you all better.

GO GO TEAM PERSISTENT DETERMINATION

Love and light
    Gemma
  • DaFrogRibbit
    DaFrogRibbit Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Found the correct page. I'll message you weight in morning.
  • vcorish
    vcorish Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Vicky, I am a mother to 2 girls and a boy, ages are 17,13 and 8. I am 36 and i am only 5ft. i have yo yoed my weight for the last 17 years. This year i have been the heaviest ever, i have lost 4 lbs so far over the last couple of months, since joining MFP and doing the Couch 2 5k. I am enjoying keeping an eye on my calories and getting fitter.

I work in IT support in a call centre so i dont get to do much exercise there, myself and a friend try to get out each lunch time for a quick stroll.

I live in the southern end of Ireland. have been married for 2 years to my lovely husband, who is an architectural technician, an unemployed one at the moment, what with the recession here.
  • jennyocox
    jennyocox Posts: 143
    Options
    I work in IT support in a call centre so i dont get to do much exercise there, myself and a friend try to get out each lunch time for a quick stroll.

I'm the friend!! and even though she's on an opposing team (Go team Body Rock!) I'll still be rooting for her!! Go Vicky!! Good luck everyone!
  • sonybalony
    Options
    This is the full list of people on our team, if your name does NOT have a smiley face next to it then I need all or some of these: start weight, want to lose this month, loss on MFP up til now, first names... (for most it is just the start weight)

sonybalony - Capt :flowerforyou:
    Barbara_Wilson
    BCFossett
    ckarlovec
    CookieGem
    cshore54
    DaFrogRibbit
    Eplizzitiz
    gemmaterry :flowerforyou:
    hadley0910 :flowerforyou:
    jah1165
    jessele1971
    K1Teacher :flowerforyou:
    kmcginley613
    llbird
    luv_lea
    megansmom311
    miko412
    nlynnm716
    psychofied :flowerforyou:
    vcorish

Don't forget to let me know whether you logged and were under each day, and if you did the daily challenges. Remember we get ONE point for each pound you lose as individuals for the week. One point for each of us that complete the daily fitness challenges. One point for each of us that log under and drink 64+ ounces. (I am waiting on an answer to whether we get a point per day for the last 2 or if it a point per week of doing it every day) We get FIVE points for ALL of us logging under daily and drinking 64+ ounces water daily for the week. We get FIVE points for ALL of us doing ALL the daily fitness challenges.

I plan on posting an excel chart of how we do each week (as long as I can figure out how to get it on here!) :huh: if you would prefer your info not be listed publicly I will just put *** next to your name, if you don't see anything next to your name, then I don't have your info! :indifferent: I have to message Gary weekly with our point totals.

Have a blessed Sunday!!!

With Friendship and Warmth from Missouri!

Sonia
  • llbird
    llbird Posts: 51
    Options
    I just wanted to say thank you to all those that shared their stories, their struggles and what will motivate them on this journey ahead. CShore, you may be the oldest (declared) but I'm not far behind! You are also my inspiration for the month of August. I was just thinking of you with having a cast and a million reasons to say "not this month, I'll take a pass." You seem to have a quiet inner strength, so thank you for passing a bit of that to me as well as our team goes through our daily walk plus these "add on challenges." I may need it!
    Good week, everyone!
    Laura
  • sonybalony
    Options
    *****THIS IS A REPOST with updated info on who has smileys or not, sorry if I missed anyone, please let me know if I did, I will repost again tomorrow if I haven't gotten responses by noon central time****

This is the full list of people on our team, if your name does NOT have a smiley face next to it then I need all or some of these: start weight, want to lose this month, loss on MFP up til now, first names... (for most it is just the start weight)

:flowerforyou: ~ has let me know their start weight
    :wink: ~ contacted me that are gonna post in the morning

sonybalony - Capt flowerforyou
    Barbara_Wilson
    BCFossett :wink:
    ckarlovec :wink:
    CookieGem
    cshore54 :flowerforyou:
    DaFrogRibbit :wink:
    Eplizzitiz
    gemmaterry flowerforyou
    hadley0910 flowerforyou
    jah1165 :wink:
    jessele1971
    K1Teacher flowerforyou
    kmcginley613 :wink:
    llbird :wink:
    luv_lea
    megansmom311 :wink:
    miko412
    nlynnm716
    psychofied flowerforyou
    vcorish

Don't forget to let me know whether you logged and were under each day, and if you did the daily challenges. Remember we get ONE point for each pound you lose as individuals for the week. One point for each of us that complete the daily fitness challenges. One point for each of us that log under and drink 64+ ounces. (I am waiting on an answer to whether we get a point per day for the last 2 or if it a point per week of doing it every day) We get FIVE points for ALL of us logging under daily and drinking 64+ ounces water daily for the week. We get FIVE points for ALL of us doing ALL the daily fitness challenges.

I plan on posting an excel chart of how we do each week (as long as I can figure out how to get it on here!) huh if you would prefer your info not be listed publicly I will just put *** next to your name, if you don't see anything next to your name, then I don't have your info! indifferent I have to message Gary weekly with our point totals.

Have a blessed Sunday!!!

With Friendship and Warmth from Missouri!

Sonia
  • sonybalony
    Options
    JumpingJacks.jpg

Day 1 Exercise Challenge - 100 Jumping Jacks*

*these do NOT need to be done all at one time! If you can only do 10-15 at a time, do it several times!!!

We can do this!!!!

~Sonia
  • CookieGem
    CookieGem Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 100 Jumping Jacks. Snook off and did two sets of 50 in the womans toilets HA
  • jah1165
    jah1165 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Sonia

I cannot find a picture of myself so hang tight I am going to take one today.......and try to post it to you.. janet (jah1165)
  • psychofied
    psychofied Posts: 138
    Options
    I did the Day 1 Challenge. Also drank 64 oz of water and I'm under my calorie goal. :)
    Go Team 20!
  • Eplizzitiz
    Eplizzitiz Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 100 Jumping Jacks. Snook off and did two sets of 50 in the womans toilets HA

Nice!
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    doing this the easy way - so sorry i'm late on this! can't access the message boards from my phone :(
    First Name - Leora (Miko)
    Loss so far at MFP - 54 lbs
    Start weight for august challenge 174.8
    What is your goal weight for August 31 - i'd be happy if i could shed 10 lbs - 164
    What is your goal for the challenge - getting back in gear, losing this 10 lbs, getting back into a healthy routine.

my story so far has been quite a long and arduous one, if you want to know more - message me :) or check out my first blog post...